• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Canyon runs around the Bay

there might be 1 or 2 on that list I haven't done..............so many great roads...............so little time....................

I hit a little bit of 130 but it's very narrow. Took wrong turn and didn't make it far. Hope to be back and do all the way to Mines Rd

I really like the back side of 130 after the top of Mt. Hamilton and then I usually take Del Puerte Canyon to the 5.

The 25 south of Hollister is amazing.

Also, if you really want to test your cooling system, hit "Skaggs Springs Raceway" (pretty far north) in July or August. It's basically a hill climb...

Few notes if someone is planning to hit Mines Rd/130:

Mines is pretty rough. Also there is a stretch of maybe 12 miles with narrow non divided road. But it wasn't bad. Couple of cyclists and one car heading opposite direction. Plenty of space to avoid troubles. Good road to test suspension setup.

Now getting close to 130 I thought it can't be worse. And it wasn't. Actually last few miles before it hits suburbs are pretty awesome. Surface that is. Except:
- road is almost too narrow for an nsx
- careful braking on wet leaves
- 1 careless s2000 cr driver head on crossing double yellow
- 1 careless vw female driver cutting corners and crossing double yellow
- bunch of cyclists head on on uphill slowly climbing right in the middle of the road. Literally on the divider

Otherwise it's been fun.

8f35b19e55953c17085ddfcdd0826b63.jpg

3a940b5c61aaecd4127cc0140cd964dc.jpg

Forget to mention how once again I'm so impressed with bilstein shocks on oem springs. Great compression/rebound settings.

i hate mines... my first crash was going down hill on it... lost it and wrecked my ae86 at the time into the mountain.

could never get my self to like that road

if you guys love to drive a lot! please join the bay area drive group on facebook and post your last minute rides so we can join.

we are mostly guys in our 30'-60's that just a love spirited drive through the back roads of CA.

we are not egocentric kids trying to proove something. just relaxing fun drives with lunch or coffee!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your experience. It may be sketchy for sure but just take it easier and you'll be fine. My biggest issue was a bunch of idiots I ran to while out there.

Group drives may be fun. But only with people you know. My best runs and memories are from when it was just me and a machine

Back