• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car at Luxury Motors - interested

Hello Vegas NSXers! I have a very good friend looking at a 2008 Volvo C70 that just came in to inventory at Luxury Motors, Henderson. Questions: 1) Any experiences, good/bad, known with this dealer? 2) My pal is serious. He wants to move on it, but I have him waiting on the hook until someone looks at it. Any of you close by, and wouldn't mind giving it a judicious visual inspection? If so, pls shoot me a PM for details.
Thank you in advance!

I was just in that dealership a few months back. I was looking at a Mercedes they had but i was a bit hesitant because they just would not negotiate on the price. What is on the sticker is what you pay. It just sounded fishy to me but then again I know many people who have bought a car at Car Max who promotes themselves as the no haggle price.

Thanks Big Brown for your reply.
They are "working with me" on the price, a bit.
I think I have a friend in N LV lined up to view it today/tomorrow. My pal here is hot to trot on this one...

AND yes. My pal viewed this afternoon. Good report. :biggrin:
I might be flying out there to drive it back in early Feb.

:rolleyes: NOW, I feel like a true blogger ...
Deal made. Booked one way air a minute ago, coming out (no, not the closet - get mind out of gutter!) Feb 3rd Tues. Some goof-off time, and then a three solid day drive back to MI. :redface:

Got home yesterday (Sunday). 2200 mile drive in '08 Volvo C70! Thank heaven the Sirius sat. radio was enabled. I taxied from McCarren down to Henderson and Luxury Mtrs last Tuesday evening, picked up car. They had some really nice cars there (Murci, Superleggera, Ford GT, six Maybachs :eek:, Rolls, Bentleys, Astons, etc). Was in and out, other than car admiration time. Nice weather there Weds - hit the Strip, Suncoast and Santa Fe Station. Departed Thursday morning and just loved the drive up I-15 into Utah. Hit I-70 and the scenery was fantastic!
Guess it got rainy and chilly there Fri-Sat-Sun.

Wow, too bad you couldn't have stuck around for at least Cars and Coffee here. Probably would have met up with a few other NSX owners. But the weather got pretty nasty over the weekend so it's probably a good time you left when you did. Congrats on the purchase.

Wow, too bad you couldn't have stuck around for at least Cars and Coffee here. Probably would have met up with a few other NSX owners. But the weather got pretty nasty over the weekend so it's probably a good time you left when you did. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks for reply. I wish there was more time to spend in Clark County, too. My liver got a workout, for sure. The Volvo was for a car guy friend. He was steadfast for this particular C70 model, for a March wedding gift for his new bride :eek: (guy should know better!) and I had a bad winter cabin fever blues going on and welcomed an adventure. I love to drive and had never seen much of UT, I-70 through CO, and KS (like there's much to see in KS!!!). It was cool driving by Fort Riley at night on I-70, and seeing the Heartland Park exit.

Back