• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car has arrived! / Storage

My car has finally arrived in Buffalo! I'm going to pick it up on a good day. Damn this snow!

The place where it is stored allows me 5 days free covered and heated storage and $10 per day after that... sounds like a pretty good deal. Are there any storage places in Toronto that anyone knows of? I have a house in Toronto and I only have 4" of clearance between the houses to get my car in the garage which is in the rear. I'm going to store it at my parents house this winter but will consider alternative storage next year. LMK. Take care.

The Eclipise is a great option and now has a 20gb juke box option. I considered this unit first but decided that the 2004 TL system was more attractive for several reasons...

Voice Recognition. Bluetooth Hands Free Link, DVD-A 6 disc indash changer, XM Radiol, 8" wide touch screen, and most of all, it was OEM and kept a nice clean OEM look. Also, a retrofit with a 2nd gen Honda/Acura Nav system has never been done and what better car to do it in than the NSX!

So what console components did you need? Did you get the SOS stuff?

Im terrified at the thought of keeping that BOSE POS, but also terrified with ripping apart the dash of what is essentially a new car.

I NEED to be able to hook up my iPOD at the very minimum and Ive got a reasonable HU already in my closet. Ive got my Streetpilot III for NAV, which is becoming dated but still works well (Im thinking of updating it). Not sure what my best option is for finish and the bucks...cant wait to see yours

Remember, I'm an OEM guy... unless the SOS / Dali console kit is "exactly" like OEM, I won't get them which is why I stayed with the OEM console trim and just cut it. My main gripe with the aftermarket consoles was the in-car temperature sensor part. The OEM is a nicely cut grille. The SOS console simply has a round hole and the Dali deletes it.

The only non-OEM parts in the interior of my car are the Momo Aluminum Sport shifter and Performance leather shift boot (cut to fit), the Gentex autodim mirror (which is a MUST in our car since it's so low) and the aftermarket SOS billet aluminum pedals.

I hook up my Ipod via the cassette adaptor. I'll probably end up using one of those nice aftermarket adaptors when they get one to work well with the 04 TL radio.

I'll be available to discuss this kind of stuff and give you some good suggestions.

Nice find! I already bought a set of JDM fogs. I hate those Canadian DRLs! I know, I'm such a snob! Thanks anyway!

Should be picking up the car on Saturday. Can't wait!

lithiumus said:
Nice find! I already bought a set of JDM fogs. I hate those Canadian DRLs! I know, I'm such a snob! Thanks anyway!

Should be picking up the car on Saturday. Can't wait!

Where did you get the JDM fogs?? I want to put them on my U.S. spec car and would like some help finding them. Thanks.

SPA_S2000 said:
I drove my car tonight!

Wow! What a car!

Only 30 minutes, from the Beach to Gardiner Queensway ramp, and back, but hey, I LOVED IT!

YEAH!!! Congrats on getting the car out and driving it!! I was actually out in mine with some snow on the ground because I felt I just HAD to drive it. The wife thought I was nuts....but she understood why. :D ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
Where did you get the JDM fogs?? I want to put them on my U.S. spec car and would like some help finding them. Thanks.

I purchased mine through Dali Racing in San Diego. They had them in stock and I needed them before I got back to Canada.

Science of Speed and Speed Within Reach both sell them but they don't have them in stock. Check the Link Spa2000 posted, thay guy is selling his JDM fogs and wire harness. Good luck.

Arshad said:
Whoa, that install looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it in person! How much will you charge to do another install like that one? :D

Are you sure you are ready to have your dash cut? :wink:

04 TL radio, DVD Nav, XM radio, parts and wires - $2k +
install time and labour of 2 months - $2k +
Cutting up a 1991 (non pass airbag) dash - Priceless!

The car finally arrived. Crossed the US border (piece of cake) they just checked to see if I sumbitted my paperwork, (which I did) and stamped my title. That's it.

Canadian border, they checked my Visa status (since I was in the US for 1yr + 4 months) they didn't blink an eye when I imported the car. They had no idea what an NSX was and no one even looked at my car (damn, it could have been anything!). They were suprised that a 91 was worth 15k CAD! :wink:

The customs agent had that look on her face (you wanna pay that much in duties... fine by me!). I paid my GST and 6.1% duties + RIV fee and that's it. Drove back to TO...

Back