• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CAR NOW RECOVERED: My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX JH4NA21692T000015

Please be on the lookout for anyone looking to sell a 2002 Yellow NSX with around 20k miles. It is (was) in pristine condition. It was stolen from my home, out of the locked garage, on Tuesday, March 10, 2009. The police believe it was done by professionals.
Since the VIN will likely be modified, here are some things that will help you uniquely identify this car:
1) Brand new Toyo Proxy T1S tires. Recently installed by Mark Basch; less than 100 miles on them.
2) A charging pigtail under the front hood, used to hook up a trickle charger. They may forget to remove it.
3) Fresh paint on the drivers side rear quarter panel. Hard to see the color difference unless under florescent light, but if you look very carefully, you can see the new paint is slightly lighter.
4) The center air vent has levers that do not work right OR it will be brand new. Mark Basch was doing some work on this when the car was stolen, and it was not yet fixed.
5) The car is exceptionally clean. It's been washed weekly, waxed monthly and detailed every 3 months. Very low miles.
6) Pre-wired for Valentine 1. Remote reader on the steering column and the RJ-11 wire pigtail coming out near the passenger side visor. They may leave the V1 in it, since they did take that as well.
7) After market CD changer in the trunki.

If any of your friends calls telling you about a great deal on an NSX and this sounds like the car, please call me immediately: Steve Larsen, 650-248-0684. Or if you have a lead, call the Phoenix Police Auto Theft Detail at: 602-262-6674. Thank you for helping me get me car back!

Re: Alert! My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX

Sorry to hear...hopefully you get it back.

Sorry to hear. Man, it sounds like they were plotting to take your car for some time. Hope you get it back. But if they can somehow manage to take it out of your locked garage, most likely it will be stripped by the time you recover it. Good luck!

:eek:Wow, sorry to hear! I'll keep an ear to the web and best of luck for a safe return... :cool:

Wow! Do you know how they accessed the garage? Some time ago, a cop told me to remove the red pull release string since it makes it easy for a burglar to break the glass (if you have it like me) and pull on the string to release the garage door. I have a motion sensor in my garage and a few car jack safety measures in the car. Good luck finding her and we will keep an eye out.

Jeff

I hope it comes back to you in good shape. I will keep an eye out for it.

The VIN will help though, if you care to post it.

:eek:Wow, sorry to hear! I'll keep an ear to the web and best of luck for a safe return... :cool:

+1 and I hope soon.

wow:eek: this seriously sounds like it was done from professionals; Gone in 60 Seconds. I hope you can find it. :confused:

The VIN is: JH4NA21692T000015

And one more thing - they did not take the roof. So, if someone has an odd story of an NSX without a roof, be on the alert.

Thanks for all the condolences. I'm pretty bummed. But this has got to be a hard thing to hide.

Best of luck!

Sorry to hear, can't understand how violated you feel.

Sorry to hear. If you get it back, I hope a LoJack will be your first priority

it is probably already in sunny mexico

Re: Alert! My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX JH4NA21692T000015 without -T top

Guess we should watch the "parts wanted" section.:tongue: Top needed, preferably yellow.

Setup some cameras in case they come back for the roof! :eek:

On Saturday night at around 8:30 PM I got a call from the Phoenix police. They had recovered my car and I went and picked it up. It was less than 2 miles from my house, parked in a cul de sac with about 20-25 miles off the odometer. It look pretty much okay, but dirty. Mark Basch came over and looked at it Sunday morning and it is at his shop today for a thorough inspection. It has a couple of new scratches and nicks, they took everything out of it, but for the most part I think it will be okay.

I'm thrilled to have it back. Thank all of you who posted and empathized with me during the time it was lost. I really appreciate it!!!

Steve :biggrin:

That is great to hear!! Now change those locks or something. Ever find out how they got in?
On Saturday night at around 8:30 PM I got a call from the Phoenix police. They had recovered my car and I went and picked it up. It was less than 2 miles from my house, parked in a cul de sac with about 20-25 miles off the odometer. It look pretty much okay, but dirty. Mark Basch came over and looked at it Sunday morning and it is at his shop today for a thorough inspection. It has a couple of new scratches and nicks, they took everything out of it, but for the most part I think it will be okay.

I'm thrilled to have it back. Thank all of you who posted and empathized with me during the time it was lost. I really appreciate it!!!

Steve :biggrin:

The car is getting new locks all around and Lojack with the feature that calls me immediately if it is moved without the presence of a Lojack fob.

The garage got all new remotes and new remote codes and new locks on the house. A video surveillance system goes in this week.

I'm embarrassed to say, but its the standard "lock up the barn now that the cows have escaped." But I just want to reduce the risk of anything like this happening again.

Glad this turned out well for you. Someone tried to steal my first NSX when I lived in the UK. It's a terrible feeling.

I'm SO GLAD you got your car back! I had a bike stolen once and got it back 2 weeks later. I was in college and only had liability on it.

Did you ever find out how they got into your garage? how they took the car?

The car is getting new locks all around and Lojack with the feature that calls me immediately if it is moved without the presence of a Lojack fob.

The garage got all new remotes and new remote codes and new locks on the house. A video surveillance system goes in this week.

I'm embarrassed to say, but its the standard "lock up the barn now that the cows have escaped." But I just want to reduce the risk of anything like this happening again.

Amazing,they just wanted the electronics:eek:The cats were still on? Glad this gives you an opourtunity to strengthen your home defenses.What specificly was taken? you never know the power of prime to spot stolen goods on the web:cool:

lojack would be a good thing i have it on my jeep.. works amazingly, but remember to change the battery.. lol

Back