• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car sponsorship

Anyone enter enough car shows to have their car sponsered by some of these noted vendors? Alpine, Volk, Falkon tires etc? Whats all involved in getting sponsors to do up your car?

Contact them.

Ask them if their interested, and you will run thier sticker or use your car for their booth at a show.

Also get to know the people in the show's, like other nice cars....my buddy got fully sponsored by HKS!! for is gold RSX...but he is heavily involved in the scene.

be aware of contracts they might want you to sign.

btw, can you post pics of the car that want to be sponsored?

The car club I'm in is sponsored by Dunlop Tires. We do get free tires, but we were lucky to get the sponsorship. One of our members is an insider in the industry (Co owns Grip Video that covers import shows around the world and makes DVDs out of it) and someone from Dunlop approached him wanting a local car club to sponsor. We fit what they wanted so we got it. There is a contract in that we need to enter the car shows and run sponsorship stickers and also keep the tires for 18 months. Still though, when you talk about $1000 in high performance tires its a great deal. :smile: The last car show had 10 of us so that was over $10,000 in free tires. Also you need to remember when you are sponsored you have to keep a very positive and business like attitude since you are representing the companies products. Even during your own time it might not be a good idea to act like an idiot since you don't want any sort of bad reputation to hurt your sponsors image or your own car clubs image if you belong to one.

Last edited:
Ko-nsx said:
Anyone enter enough car shows to have their car sponsered by some of these noted vendors? Alpine, Volk, Falkon tires etc? Whats all involved in getting sponsors to do up your car?

I've been in the import scene for a long long time & I've been a judge at Hot Import Nights, Chicago..Most of the time, it ain't a FREEBEE...Most vendors give you a discount and that's about it...Depending how close you're with them, determines how much you'll get in return...plus, you gotta attend certain amount of shows/per year. :cool:

I work in the industry and am in the position to make sponsorships for my employer. Here is a website with some good information I direct those who inquire about sponsorship from me that know little about what it takes to get a car sponsored or who are just new to the concept.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=9663

Back