• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon 6: Super GT Mirror

At this time there is no plans to make more exactly like these. I may make a couple hybrid sets using pre-preg (kevlar, boron, carbon, titanium). I am also looking at possibly making a variant with an integrated turn signal.

We are currently setting up our new autoclave at the shop and we are looking to do some testing. I may use the mirrors as a test project. I am not taking reservations at this time. Our current focus is in our new titanium suspension parts.

.....I am also looking at possibly making a variant with an integrated turn signal.......

Should you progress this idea with RHD compatability Jeff I would be very interested having missed out first time around.

regards, Paul

Every time I see a post on this topic I'm anticipating a set available for sale.....wishful thinking

You mean the tie rod ends? or something else? Can you tell us what?

All I will say now is that we have other suspension parts in the works (direct OEM replacement). Taking into consideration the lowered geometry most NSX's have. We are currently testing a few different set ups and materials. I will post those in a new thread once we have final prototype(s).

Jeff, consider making one with an integrated camera housing. It's the perfect spot, can hold cameras for track and autoX events. Also instead of a turn signal I think a downward facing light might be more useful. With LED's and a timer it can ligh up all around the car on exit/entry.

For cameras if not integrated can you at least accommodate a bracket that can attach. Perhaps underneath? My favorite cameras currently are these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/video/news/first-look-replay-xd-hd-camera-prime-x

This cam can display a live feed via wifi and Bluetooth to an iPad mini. This can actually replace side or rear view mirrors with a pad in a navpod. You can have the navpod normally display rear, but when you signal left or right it can display either cam. The feed is not delayed. It's real time.

Been very happy with mine! over 1 year on

So if there was a waiting list this is it looks like.....STILL LIMITED PRODUCTION

1-Venom2049
2-Rogerd
3-Ko-nsx
4-NSXRAY1
5-hondasash
6-ROLZ
7-JCPDS3
8-AZNSX001

You guys are relentless. Practically twisting his arm to make more mirrors yet he's commented no fewer than 4 times I see that he's no longer making them.
If you want him to continue making cool stuff, leave the man in peace.
And if you want an aero mirror that is available, get Spoon.

You guys are relentless. Practically twisting his arm to make more mirrors yet he's commented no fewer than 4 times I see that he's no longer making them.
If you want him to continue making cool stuff, leave the man in peace.
And if you want an aero mirror that is available, get Spoon.

Unfortuntaly the spoon is not carbon, nor power, nor heated. And it is still $900, for what is essentially a fiberglass shell and a piece of glass. I do love its shape but its rather pricey. The Carbon 6 is even more pricey, but it is a product on a whole other level. That's just my opinion. Not trying to put the spoon down. If this is $1800, the spoon should be $500-600. At that price I would buy a set.

Last edited:
Back