• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Care to take a crack at photochopping an RDX Grill ???

I am in the process of buying a new Acura RDX for the wifey and can't stand the buck tooth grill look. I am trying to decide to either paint the thing body color or partially black or something to make it less like a shield or a "beak", as others have called it. Acuras Power Plenum grille :redface:
Or maybe Ravi could mold it into something nice.......
Thanks in advance,
John

Here it is.......

rdx.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind the grill myself. I see them everyday here at work. Are you getting a white RDX as pictured or is that just an example? If you look at an RDX in silver, it's not as noticable. I've seen people paint them body colored. I prefer the stock look to that, but that's just me. Either way, be sure to get the Hondata reflash for that car.

I don't mind the grill myself. I see them everyday here at work.

I agree, it grows on you. And I will tell you, out of everything I've ever driven, NO mini-ute will go through the snow better than this puppy. Fast too! I used to drive these as a demo in the winter, till the badass ZDX came out.:biggrin:

I've always believed that they had the right shape, but used it wrong. Turn the shield upside down and move it lower to get a mean, pissed off car look. I also think that an oversized version of the Acura symbol for a front end might work.

Ultimately, I'm simply sick of cars that are smiling at me. Looks lame.

I am in the process of buying a new Acura RDX for the wifey and can't stand the buck tooth grill look. I am trying to decide to either paint the thing body color or partially black or something to make it less like a shield or a "beak", as others have called it. Acuras Power Plenum grille :redface:
Or maybe Ravi could mold it into something nice.......
Thanks in advance,
John

Here it is.......

rdx.jpg

I hate the new grill also. I would like to see this corrected in a way. Painting it white could help???? I guess

I would paint on teeth and have a big red rubber tongue hanging out...but thats just me...:redface:

Lack of human contacts and chronically being stuck in a dark room can do that to people.
Steve

you are right:redface: I'm like a twilight character:tongue:

Here are some *very* quick visuals for you. Hope they help!

Black:
Black.jpg

Partial Black Option #1:
Partial_Black.jpg

Partial Black Option #2:
Partial_Black_2.jpg

Gunmetal:
Gunmetal.jpg

Partial Gunmetal:
Partial_Gunmetal.jpg

Body Color(ish):
Body_Color.jpg

Thanks for the help Searchin4acoupe!!!

I am going to try this one in a wrap, so I can easily remove it. First attempt will be in a flat black. Any other suggestions, since vinyl will be used???
Partial_Black.jpg

John,
The RDX is hopelessly ugly. No make-up in the world will be able to transform the car to a presentable version. Perhaps a black RDX with all black grille would be more tolerable.
Steve

Back