• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax please: JH4NA1155MT001330, could it be true?

Sorry I can't help you out on the Carfax, but I would be very skeptical about that one. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. You might try to contact the seller and drill them with questions, including asking for the VIN. I don't think it would be too difficult to spot a scam using a little common sense. Besides, I don't see a good reason to believe that someone would sell a vehicle that is worth over 30K for the price they are asking. Perhaps it has been in a major accident or has a salvage title...in which case, I'd opt out. You could however get lucky and hope that they are just dumb:)

Last edited:
Seller Info - Private Seller
Homestead, FL 33030

If you send your money to the seller Florida, it will quickly vanish!
Mamma always said: If it's too good to be true..........you know the rest :cool:

buddy... sorry to say..... but wtf:confused:

guy says the car is a florida car all its life..... did you even read the discription? or did you get yourself all worked up and came here to annoy us for no reason? Car has california lisence plate... next time use common sense please.

if its too good to be true, it ALWAYS is!:rolleyes:

fork out the 20$ to get the carfax also. If your too cheap to get carfax, you dont have the $ to own an nsx

happy hunting

anytime, cute kid btw

Yes, that's what I thought, unfortunately.
I asked the owner about the price, and still waiting for an answer; although he gave me the VIN (on the title). So if by chance someone can run it, we'll know.
Anyways, living in SoCal, I'd rather patiently wait for the right one to come up nearby; these long distance purchases usually make me nervous.

RON98 said:
buddy... sorry to say..... but wtf:confused:

guy says the car is a florida car all its life..... did you even read the discription? or did you get yourself all worked up and came here to annoy us for no reason? Car has california lisence plate... next time use common sense please.

if its too good to be true, it ALWAYS is!:rolleyes:

fork out the 20$ to get the carfax also. If your too cheap to get carfax, you dont have the $ to own an nsx

happy hunting

anytime, cute kid btw

OK, my bad; didn't see that one. But what an attitude, what a way to welcome an aspiring owner!
And no, I am not cheap, but usually, being always eager to help ,
I must be expecting too much from others.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but he purchased it from the original owner in California; hence the pics from the original owner maybe?

Happy thanksgiving.

You say you are not cheap but you won't pay for your own carfax? It is $20 for one, or $25 for one month unlimited. If you search for six months that's still only $150 for a $30,000+ car.

That car "has never been washed"?????

It's 15 years old and never been washed, yet no expense spared?

Pass. Don't waste you $$$ on the Carfax. Just walk on by.

WOW! I'm really shocked with the replies here. Cheap? Man, that's harsh.
I for one would be more than willing to do a VIN check for someone if I had a Carfax subscription for a month or more, just as I would hope that others would do the same in return. It's not about the $20, (IMHO)it's the point of community and helping others(with reciprocation)...hmm...maybe we should stop sharing knowledge too, and everything else for that matter. Geez.
Happy turkey day!

kcalvano said:
...I for one would be more than willing to do a VIN check for someone if I had a Carfax subscription for a month or more, just as I would hope that others would do the same in return. It's not about the $20, it's the point of community and helping others(with reciprocation)...

That's exactly the problem. You and many others don't see the problem by not paying for a service. Maybe for Carfax it is a problem. Maybe they are providing a service for which they expect to be paid by each person that requests a report. If 10 people get one free report each, Carfax has lost $200 in business. But hey, it's only $20 according to your mathematics.

Do you also expect to ride the bus/train for free because it's already going to your destination?

DocL said:
That's exactly the problem. You and many others don't see the problem by not paying for a service. Maybe for Carfax it is a problem. Maybe they are providing a service for which they expect to be paid by each person that requests a report. If 10 people get one free report each, Carfax has lost $200 in business. But hey, it's only $20 according to your mathematics.

Do you also expect to ride the bus/train for free because it's already going to your destination?
what he said.

if you can't afford a carfax, you can't afford a nice car.

DocL said:

I can see your point, and I'm not here to make trouble, however, I still do think that it is a bit over the top to resort to name calling. I suppose if you hinge your judgement on the moral and legal aspect, that renders it 'not the right thing to do', ok, fine. Just for your info, I am neither cheap nor unwilling to pay for any service. I suppose, in this case, the thought of a friendly gesture has clouded my judgement. I won't let that happen again. I digress. Peace.

kcalvano said:
I can see your point, and I'm not here to make trouble, however, I still do think that it is a bit over the top to resort to name calling.

I don't call people names, I just try to point out the obvious.

kcalvano said:
I suppose if you hinge your judgement on the moral and legal aspect, that renders it 'not the right thing to do', ok, fine.

I'm not talking about morals or laws. I just think it's appropriate to pay for a service when it's rendered.

kcalvano said:
Just for your info, I am neither cheap nor unwilling to pay for any service. I suppose, in this case, the thought of a friendly gesture has clouded my judgement. I won't let that happen again. I digress. Peace.

I never said you are cheap, but when someone is looking at spending money on a car, however much it cost, the $25 for procuring information that helps you become educated is well worth it in my book. Everyone likes to help friends out, but most of us are strangers to each other on the internet. For all I know, you could be transgender circus clown with a purple mohawk! :biggrin:

Thank you kcalvano for your understanding.
Now would you guys be kind enough to explain me why this guy's request was fulfilled "Carfax very very please JH4NA1150MT000781" without any fuss, while I have to go through all kinds of flaming. Maybe you should rename the "prospective owners" section with "hazing".
I've joined that forum, coming from S2KI; hoping to get same kind of welcome in order to help me buy my dream car, and frankly this is becoming a very frustrating and disheartening experience.
And I really, really don't appreciate being called "cheap"; you guys don't even know me:mad: ! I think I paid my dues enough in life already not to go through all that crap on some stuck-up forum, thanks.
I will then shove the damn $20, knowing that I don't have much to expect from this forum.
Happy thanksgiving

So at the top of the forum right now is nsxexotic's post who made the same request and no one crapped all over him....why not? Just because he has more posts?

Fair is fair.

I hate forum bullies.

Seriously, can't we help this guy out....Mean NSX owners are why I'm considering selling mine to get a Lada.

But I want this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXB16AMWjBo

We're not all bad here. Some guys are touchy because we do get a lot of Trolls here pretending to be interested in a car and taking up time. I don't think that's the case with you. I hope you find a great car, but again, I'm not sure that this is the one you want.

kmrumedy said:
So at the top of the forum right now is nsxexotic's post who made the same request and no one crapped all over him....why not? Just because he has more posts?

Fair is fair.

I hate forum bullies.

Because some newbie posted a Carfax right afterwards. And obviously he doesn't care about stealing a service. :rolleyes:

swbatte said:
Mean NSX owners are why I'm considering selling mine to get a Lada.

Please, if you don't other NSX owners and don't like it here, by all means sell your car. It's the logical thing an adult would do. :eek:

anyways,

carfax is 25$. did you know they close down accounts because other's run carfax for other people?

I ran a carfax for some guy once out of kindness.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: arnt i the stubid sucker hun! :frown: Next day Carfax closed my account stating i was running carfax for other people. They have people scoping out car forums all the time. I didnt even run it for money, just out of kindness.

Bottom line is they are rendering a service you ARE using. So be a man and pay for it. Also why are you taken advantage of some one else's hard work to earn that $25?

I have a pet peve and that is I HATE people who feel its ok to bother others just to save a buck of two of their own money. If someone offers carfax... ok go post there as it is help offered. Dont go out and open you mouth and ask for services you should be paying for.

If you dont have the $ or to CHEAP ( yeS ChEAPO ) to run a carfax, you dont deserve to drive a NSX and you DEFINITY cant afford one.

I had carfax running for 6 month straight cause i was looking for the perfect car. Thats 150$ CHUMP change compair to getting a salvage title car.

Facts are facts, if your cheap, your cheap. We can sugar coat it say your a tight wad, money wise, or a student. Dont change the fact your still cheap.

Happy TURKEYDAY and MAN UP!:cool:

Froggie, not trying to give you a hard time. just pay the 25$ for carfax. lets say if you see another car.. your going to come back and bother someone else again? how about it takes you 3 month to find a car? your just going to come back here to harass people for 3 month?... its like asking your mother for $20 to go to the movies.... personally i lose self respect when i ask for something i can work for. Rather than asking, why not work and earn that $20? personally i can not live with myself for bother other people when i dont need to. Think like a NSX owner before you become one. Spend on the small end only to gain in the long run.

DocL, like the way you think:wink:

Last edited:
Please, if you don't other NSX owners and don't like it here, by all means sell your car. It's the logical thing an adult would do. :eek:[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell by email, but trust me, I was kidding.:smile:

I'm only trying to be courteous to a new member of Prime. Since sharing Carfax services isn't kosher, I'm sure he'll understand if it's not something Prime members are always willing to do.

Anyway, have you looked at any other NSX's you'd like an opinion on?

OK. I have lessons to take from no one. Especially from you. ron98!
If you were so bothered by my request,you could have just ignored me. I also have a pet peeve, which is that of the internet minuteman, full of negativity.
What the hell is wrong with you people; do I have to send you my bank account statements to prove that I can afford an NSX? That "if you can't pay for a carfax you can't afford an NSX"; is just soo plain stupid a statement; and well below what I expected to see from this place.
I thought that forum was about sharing a common passion for the NSX; not to deter, and flame any poor bastard who is asking the wrong questions.
Give me a chance for F..sake!
But you made your point veryclear. Yes, I was asking for a carfax, as a favor once; and yes I had the intention of opening my own account.
Furthermore, had you guys spent at least half the energy used on crapping all over me, in just telling me wether you came across these cars before or not; we wouldn't be off on such a nasty start, would we?
So long...

lol

im a minute man in real life too. :biggrin:

just trying to nip the bud before it turns into a beautiful bloosming carfax this and that thread.

hey dont worry about it. i got flamed so much when i first started got a new wardrob of flame suits. .... takes a few posts to get use to the adventurious nature of the NSX owners. you'll fit in in no time.

If you need help with repairs or have any questions when you do find that nsx. shoot me an msg. i'll be more than happy to do what i can. :biggrin: NO CARFAX THO! :tongue:

hey btw, if you get carfax, let me know. i got a few vin numbers need running :tongue:

Last edited:
fwiw:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79485

paranoid.gif

Yeah, I just got PM'ed by the carfax watchdogs yesterday.
Another reason for me to get my own account. Sorry, Have I known about that earlier, I wouldn't even have bothered starting this thread, and in the process getting my very own, brand new flame suit :tongue: !
I would have hated messing out someone's account!

lol no worries buddy. good luck tho with the car. If you need help with nsx and what not, we are here to assist :biggrin:

Im not sure how far you live from Valencia but we have a car meet here once every 2 weeks on wendesday. Drop by and i'll give you a ride. :smile:

Back