• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cash for clunkers was a success!!!!

LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

My grand mother told me she thought they were suckers for giving her 4500$ for her 1994 grand caravan.

If a nearly 90 year old woman calls you a sucker, you are a *&*%ing sucker.

I wish I had a pos just so i could recapture some of the tax money i was forced to donate to this project.

I've tried to find some sense about this. If people are driving a 12 year old clunker with 4 kids and it's worth about $600.00, it seems very inviting to unload it for $4500.00 and a new car. But if they could'nt afford a new car to begin with, now their stuck paying for a car they originally could not afford for the next 5 years unless it gets repoed 1st.:confused:

I've tried to find some sense about this. If people are driving a 12 year old clunker with 4 kids and it's worth about $600.00, it seems very inviting to unload it for $4500.00 and a new car. But if they could'nt afford a new car to begin with, now their stuck paying for a car they originally could not afford for the next 5 years unless it gets repoed 1st.:confused:

But now the cost of the new car is $4500 less. The loan is lower, the payments are lower and the new owner may have a more efficient vehicle.

A friend of mine bought a car for his daughter. Got a dirt-cheap $11K Nissan for about $6K! She paid half, he paid half. For $3K each they have a brand new, more economical car with air bags, warranty, etc.

The dealership sells cars, people keep a few jobs, and hopefully the buyer has an affordable loan. It's better than a cash give-away.

Last edited:
Took 3 billion dollars to remove most of those stickers...

How about US-taxpayer dollars going to foreign car companies? What was that supposed to do, stimulate their economies? Dumb. Really dumb.

Last edited:
Back