• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CF film wrap?

I good professional wrap would be $1000 - $2000 depending on the wrap material and the detail of the shop doing it.

+1.. i would do it for that price. cheaper than a paint job. lol

Yes, it may be cheaper than a paintjob - but what is the maintenance like? How long does a wrap last? If you get 1 year out of it, that's a shitty deal (unless it's a wrap being provided from a sponsor on a dedicated race car or show car), I just don't see this as practical for anything else.

they say it last up to 4-5 years.. which isnt bad IMO.
Yes, it may be cheaper than a paintjob - but what is the maintenance like? How long does a wrap last? If you get 1 year out of it, that's a shitty deal (unless it's a wrap being provided from a sponsor on a dedicated race car or show car), I just don't see this as practical for anything else.

One of my best friends has a sign and graphics shop and everytime he has a wrap to do I help him out. Ive never worked with this carbon film stuff, but it appears to me that it wouldnt have the ability to stretch and shrink to the contours the way a regular vinyl made for entire vehicle wraps would. Ive only ever seen this product used on interior pieces or roofs, etc... nothing that had a lot of curves to it, like a bumper would. Thats my .02.

I'm surprised that this trend hasn't hit the nsx community yet. I'm attempting a matte/satin black wrap this month and will be doing a DIY as well. Wish me luck.

Im considering wrapping the top of my nsx gloss 3m cf because it will match my cf parts better than the matte would. If i love it, i might do the whole car.

Imo, a glossy painted car with flat black accent do not look right.

does anyvody know if the all cf zonda is clear coated or a dry cf??

has anyone checked out the F40 on this site?

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

anyone ever thought about wrapping their nsx or has done it before? i'd like to know the cost to even do this. would look like a matt black nsx from a distant..

Nobody else noticed? The fourth pic in the series on the home page (click the little green dots just below the bottom right edge of the pic) depicts a cf wrapped NSX center console. Cool.

I saw this on the rocker panels on a Lotus Avora and really liked it. I am meeting with the installer this week to discuss having my roof of my 91 done. I now have carbon fiber louvered hood and R wing and i think this will complement the car. It can be removed easily in the future and the guarantee is very good. It should hold up really good as the car sits covered most of the time....
I will post pricing and pics if i decide to go this route

Am the only one who thinks that this whole fad is retarded??? :confused:

You can wrap a turd in CF and it is still a turd, but now it is covered with an expensive sticker. It isn't lighter, nor is it stronger.

This fad is just so damn stupid to me. The white guys version of rolling on 22" rims. :rolleyes:

The new vinyls are amazing. They have even figured out a way to wrap chrome. Not saying I like it, but the technology has vastly improved....

IMG_2870.JPG

Matte Red:

red-matte-porsche-ca-2_800x0w.jpg

Matte-red-Porsche-Carrera-GT-1-650x435.jpg

Last edited:
The new vinyls are amazing. They have even figured out a way to wrap chrome. Not saying I like it, but the technology has vastly improved....

IMG_2870.JPG

Matte Red:

red-matte-porsche-ca-2_800x0w.jpg

Matte-red-Porsche-Carrera-GT-1-650x435.jpg

that mat red looks amazing! That chrome is cool to. Who makes that stuff and its it a lot more expensive? Im going to attempt to wrap my daily.

that mat red looks amazing! That chrome is cool to. Who makes that stuff and its it a lot more expensive? Im going to attempt to wrap my daily.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SCx8j68myHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It wouldn't be a bad idea to wrap your car in it's original color - minor scratches would be on the film, and you can always remove it and have a pristine car. My boat didn't sustain damage or scratches when we removed the wrap. just a thought.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to wrap your car in it's original color - minor scratches would be on the film, and you can always remove it and have a pristine car. My boat didn't sustain damage or scratches when we removed the wrap. just a thought.

Thats what Im thinking. You could switch the color up, the material cost is only around $200-$300 DIY. Its like clear bra for the whole car. My S4 would look good in Flat Red. You could use the flat colors to do interior pieces as well. Like when modifying the consoles to fit a DD setup.

Last edited:
Back at the nurburgring meeting beginning of this month i saw a lot of mat cars

But the best was a matt grey M6 it looked so perfect really OEM.
A few matt black and matt silver M3's.

On certain cars the whole matt team is awesome
I see mat black Porsche's daily.

Although it generally looks good on modern cars.

Back at the nurburgring meeting beginning of this month i saw a lot of mat cars

But the best was a matt grey M6 it looked so perfect really OEM.
A few matt black and matt silver M3's.

On certain cars the whole matt team is awesome
I see mat black Porsche's daily.

Although it generally looks good on modern cars.

I bet matte gray would look excellent on the NSX. Fighter jet gray, like SFDreamer's car

Back