• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changing Plugs 81,000miles

Just bought 92 Rd/Blk NSX....brought the car home, have been driving everyday and everyday have a new question.

MANY THANKS to all you guys with the expertise your a huge help!!!

MY QUESTION... is there any real tricks to change the plugs, previous owner never changed. I'm not a mechanic, but I have always felt comfortable with a wrench. I feel better braking something myself than to let someone else do it.

Book says, cool engine, remove 10mm bolts, remove cover, remove 10mm bolts on ingnition coils, remove plugs, reverse to install....simple right?

Vurgin

NSXVURGIN said:
Just bought 92 Rd/Blk NSX....brought the car home, have been driving everyday and everyday have a new question.

MANY THANKS to all you guys with the expertise your a huge help!!!

MY QUESTION... is there any real tricks to change the plugs, previous owner never changed. I'm not a mechanic, but I have always felt comfortable with a wrench. I feel better braking something myself than to let someone else do it.

Book says, cool engine, remove 10mm bolts, remove cover, remove 10mm bolts on ingnition coils, remove plugs, reverse to install....simple right?

Vurgin

It's not that bad, clearance is annoying to me but overall it's okay. I've have to change plugs on some "domestic" full size vans that were worse.

Alright...next question. I went to (3) automotive stores for plugs. No one had NGK in stock.

SO, I was offered an AUTOLITE Double Platinum Plug $4.00 each.

Pros-Cons...I have zero engine mods, I'm just looking to smooth out the Idle and pass an upcoming smog check.

:confused:

NO NO NO, do not put that crap in your car. Last time I checked NSX's were not produced by FORD.

Go to sparkplugs.com and order the correct plugs. They are $11.71 a piece.

Acura Part Number is 98079-5614H for 1991-94

NGK number is PRF6G-11

HTH,
LarryB

ROGER THAT....

I just called the local "bend me over dealer", and they have the Aucra/NGK
plug in stock. I'll buy them there this time.....$22.00 a piece, but in the future I'll order from the web.

I'm driving down to Carmel/Monterey Sunday, so I need them like today.

Anybody have a Ford?? I've got plugs for sale....LOL :smile:

Called around a bit, found a Local Foreign Dealer in Walnut Creek for you BA AREA People...Joes Foreign Auto in Walnut Creek, he is hooking me up at 12.50 each....

Back