• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cheap Acura Parts

I have used this site since I had my old Integra GSR, and still find that it's cheaper than any of the sites that offer us discounts with our NSXCA discount.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

A few older posts have mentioned this site, but everyone thinks because a certain dealer gives us 20 - 30 % off they are giving us a "great" deal. They are just listing their prices higher and giving a discount to bring their prices closer to what some other dealers charge. Most all the parts I checked at Delray, Niello, and South Bay Acura were still more than the listed price at the above mentioned website.

That is because the prices on the site are outdated.

CORRECTION: That site is up to date, I confused list and discount pricing, sorry:).
HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Larry Bastanza said:
That is because the prices on the site are outdated.

HTH,
LarryB

Maybe so.... I compared the price of the timing belt for my '91 -
on the site mentioned, it shows $138.23 and I don't know what shipping might me.
Where I do my shopping - 1-888-RAY-LAKS www.hondacuraworld.com Tim Poliniak charged me $121.97 and no shipping.

Just a data point - but at least a up-to-date one.
Russ

Things are constantly changing:). The site mentioned above is now at $162.62 for the timing belt(and that is the true list price). Tim gives 25% off + free shipping which is what you paid:).

Other sites, like www.acuraparts247.com have the belt at 160.37 list(a slightly older price).

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
My experience is that the dealers and vendors offering discounts seem to fall into the following order, starting with the very best discounts and working down from there:

1. Niello Acura and Goodson Acura, for members of the NSX Club of America with their member discount

2. Ray Laks Acura and Acura of Augusta

3. Sunnyside Acura's website (the site that Larry B mentioned) and Delray Acura's website, which generally offer ~20 percent off list; also a good reference because the websites show parts diagrams with part numbers and prices. (Note: Sunnyside Acura had been offering 15 percent off for a while, but a quick check today shows that their prices are now discounted by 20 percent.)

4. A&H Motorsport's website, which posts prices only for frequently-ordered items (e.g. maintenance items), and for which you have to send a request for prices of other items; doesn't offer parts diagrams or part numbers

5. Acura Carland's website (the site that schuey mentioned), which generally offers ~15 percent off list; also shows parts diagrams with prices but not part numbers

Differences within a category can fall either way. Differences from one category to another can be large or small, but tend to make the dealers fall in this order in general. You may find individual items where one dealer sells for less than another shown above them, but for the most part, this is where I've found that they fall.

A quick check of prices posted on the internet today shows the following selling prices on the websites mentioned above for a '91 NSX timing belt (P/N 14400-PR7-A01) and water pump (P/N 19200-PR7-A03):

3. Sunnyside Acura $128.30 and $183.49
Delray Acura $130.87 and $187.17
4. A&H Motorsport $135.00 and $202.50
5. Acura Carland $138.23 and $212.50

We've had consistent reports here of excellent customer service from the four dealers shown in (1) and (2). Those in the other three categories haven't had a whole lot of reports here, but make it easy to check their prices while you're still shopping around, and may be worth pursuing also, particularly for those who prefer internet ordering.

schuey said:
Most all the parts I checked at Delray, Niello, and South Bay Acura were still more than the listed price at the above mentioned website.
Not when I've checked. Some of the dealers who post prices on their websites, such as Delray, Sunnyside, and A&H, are consistently less. See the prices posted above, for example. I haven't tried calling the other dealers (e.g. Niello, Goodson, Acura of Augusta) for this example, but my past experience is that they are usually less than the best prices posted on websites.

Larry Bastanza said:
Other sites, like www.acuraparts247.com have the belt at 160.37 list(a slightly older price).
Yes, but since you can order their parts from their website, I assume that the order goes through at whatever price is posted there... :D

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:
My experience is that the dealers and vendors offering discounts seem to fall into the following order, starting with the very best discounts and working down from there:

1. Niello Acura and Goodson Acura, for members of the NSX Club of America with their member discount
I haven't tried calling the other dealers (e.g. Niello, Goodson, Acura of Augusta) for this example, but my past experience is that they are usually less than the best prices posted on websites.
After typing this, I called the friendly folks at Goodson in Dallas ([email protected]), and received this response:

Goodson Acura Parts said:
14400-PR7-A01 $121.97
19200-PR7-A03 $187.50

THIS PRICE IS WITH THE NSXCA DISCOUNT. JUST PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE CLIENTS ASK FOR EITHER GAYLON OR STEVE TO AVOID ANY PROBLEMS. THANKS AGAIN AND IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE, JUST GIVE US A BUZZ.

-STEVE

Acura Carland...
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/
Yes they are very very good.
I have used them for a long time too. I highly recommend them. I have never had any problems with them. Mike runs the internet parts dept. and knows what he is talking about.

Russ White said:
Maybe so.... I compared the price of the timing belt for my '91 -
on the site mentioned, it shows $138.23 and I don't know what shipping might me.
Where I do my shopping - 1-888-RAY-LAKS www.hondacuraworld.com Tim Poliniak charged me $121.97 and no shipping.

Just a data point - but at least a up-to-date one.
Russ

2nd Thumbs up for Hondacuraworld.com BEST prices and FREE shipping w/ a very small handling fee. best part in addition to the killer pricing, the free shipping did NOT have a minimum as far as I saw it. I made a small order of like $20 and it shipped free through fedex.

Word of advice, the site itself sucks. But click on the link that allows you to "IM" the counter guy through AIM. He took my info through AIM and voila, I got my goods.

Juice said:
So does a NSXCA discount work with parts for cars other than the NSX?
In most cases, yes, but for any particular dealer, you will have to ask for the discount and see what they say.

Back