• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

checkout what sos made for me

Ran into cooling issues on track due to high hp...

Big ass radiator with dual fans and custom shroud

Attachments

• 20121012_082318.jpg
    20121012_082318.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 696
  • 20121012_082302.jpg
    20121012_082302.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 591
look cool. whats that tank in the middle??

uh, i think u are missing the windshield washer reservoir cap. unless u removed it intentionally..

Well guys, I'm going to be testing my new big ass radiator set up that science ofo speed made me. I have a track event coming this weekend. Or rather this next coming weekend I mean. Usually my temps are about to 225 -230 Fahrenheit and my temp meter in the car is almost always near Red. I'm confident this new very aggressive setup will help. I will post an update next weekend

Doesn't hurt that the ambient temps are cooler, at least in the AM

I have been facing the same issue of overheating:redface:
Where is the radiator for your intercooler located?
Mine is in front of the main radiator ( from Driving Ambition)
Are you also using an oil radiator?
Where did you locate it?

hey guys, to answer some of your questions yes that is my reservoir for my air to water. My heat exchanger is in front of the radiator. Yes, it will help that temps are cooler, however I have almost always ha overheating issue.

How about unrelated links on paint stay out of this thread?

Fans and shrouded fans are nothing more than a restriction at speeds above 45mph if properly sealed with an air tight inlet duct/shroud. Big gains can be had making the front bumper inlet air tight to the radiator. Packing a bunch of fans and shrouding the back side of the radiator to the fan is only good for stop and go traffic.

Thicker radiators with more fin and tube count and a higher quality radiator and good ducting are all steps in the right direction.

Check out PWR Radiators. They are the best in the business.

Fans and shrouded fans are nothing more than a restriction at speeds above 45mph if properly sealed with an air tight inlet duct/shroud. Big gains can be had making the front bumper inlet air tight to the radiator. Packing a bunch of fans and shrouding the back side of the radiator to the fan is only good for stop and go traffic.

Thicker radiators with more fin and tube count and a higher quality radiator and good ducting are all steps in the right direction.

Totally OT but damn nice driving at BW Billy!

you have way way more exp with this than me. I can tell you that what i have works,however. most of my time on the track is probably in the sub 60mph speed, other than the straights. perhaps that is why? Also, my FMIC is tilted back maybe 20 degrees. that i'm sure completely jacks up air flow. don't ask me why.. thats just what mark basch installed years ago..

why did i post that jet coat headers in this thread???

LOL dumb azz. weird things are happening on Prime as of late.

tons of odd things here and there.

What happened to the dual pass radiator that SOS was selling? I can't find it on their revamped website...

Back