• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cheesy thinghy

Ok,

So the NSX is undoubtedly a very solid, reliable, exotic sports car. There is almost nothing about the car I find that is not a very well engineered.

However, once in a while something "Cheesy" (read: rare) I find on the car is, well somewhat "Cheesy." Post your item/idea of what you find is somewhat "Cheesy."

*Remember, this is NOT a thread to knock the car, but is in the spirit of humor.

My vote is for the passenger side mirror in the visor.

Attachments

• cheesey.gif
    cheesey.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 882
I've noticed the color of my spare is "cheesy-colored." :smile:

The sun visors are definitely cheesy. They would be less cheesy if they didn't split, but being that they do, they are extra cheesy.

The factory radio/head-unit is very cheesy. Not incredibly cheesy for the older cars, but definitely for the newer ones.

Aside from that, I can't really think of anything else.

I don't think there is anything cheesier than the cupholders. I mean, c'mon. I can't go through a drive-thru in the car and get a beverage, it just isn't possible unless someone is with me to hold the drink. :frown:

I second the cup holder on the 93-94 cars, what were they thinking? Just tall enough to create the perfect fulcrum for spilling all of the contents of a cup of coffee :tongue:

The NSX is awesome! But I'll echo the lack of a mirror for the wife, and raise one by adding the rattle source of the rear view mirror.

Well, this is more of a pet peeve but I will put it here anyway. I hate the way the engine cover support rod is on the opposite side from the dip stick so when I check the oil, I need to open the hatch and lift the engine cover from the driver's side, lean in and put up the support rod. Then walk around the back of the car, lean over the passenger side and check the oil. Why didn't Honda put all this on the same side, the main reason I open the engine hatch is the check the oil. Short of mods, there isn't much of a need to be back there except for oil :biggrin:

titaniumdave said:
Why didn't Honda put all this on the same side, the main reason I open the engine hatch is the check the oil. Short of mods, there isn't much of a need to be back there except for oil :biggrin:

Honda did put them on the same side - for Right Hand Drive cars (ie: For JDM/UK/AUS).

I guess that the support rod is placed on the same side as the driver (yours being on the left, mine on the right) to make that convenient when opening the hatch, but the engine's just a bit too difficult to turn around from market to market :biggrin:

the damn window regulators... CHEEZIE

No map pockets in doors. Cheesy storage in console in front of the cheesy cupholders. Also, cheapy molding border thing around the edge of rearview mirror. Don't like the horn buttons. When you need to lay on the horn, it sucks to have to find the buttons and not just push on the center hub. Still love the car, no matter what. It's just mild cheddar on the cheesy scale.

Hi

I think it is pretty cheesy to sit inside the car and not be able to get out because the little cheesy thingy inside the opening thingy broke.

Other than that I second the radio. It is pretty cheesy and I need to fix mine. Milk jug..not my favorite for sure.

I also have a cheesy sound which have been discussed here many times in the dashboard.

All the above is something you can fix in some way or the other.

A cheesy transmission with a snap ring is not that fun either. But I am glad that I am out of snap ring range.

Yes the NSX is a high quality car, but it does have it's flaws.

But I may have misunderstood the whole "cheesy thing" thoug :)

Regards

Haven't owned mine long enough to find all the cheese on board yet. But I agree about the sun visors and cup holders. The radio/changer in the '05 is not bad but could be better. Also, I'm not too happy with the funky head rest. At least for me, I can't even rest my head on it. Instead, my head hits the roof before coming into contact with the head rest. I think I need to loose a few inches in my height... also width. :D

cls6sp03 said:
I think I need to loose a few inches in my height... also width. :D

Don't eat any cheesy stuff then it is bad for your width :)

Regards

The black ACURA sticker/lettering in the center tailight area.

SoCalDude said:

Yes, and ACURA lettering on the steering wheel.

SoCalDude said:

That sticker can easily be removed. :smile:

As for my cheese with the NSX, it's the chime sound when you open the door with the key in the ignition. And the horn sounds like every other car made in Japan. I think a set of Fiamm horns would have been a better choice.

<---------------------------Cheesy thing right here

i think still running around with your motorola analog
cell phone
takes le fromage :biggrin:

As said, those power windows......

Everytime i close one i hold my breath that it doesn't fall down. What a crap design.

And yes, motors and the lot has been replaced.

Back