• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chemical Guys What to use ????????

I'm overwhelmed on how many different sealants wax's and products. Anyone used them and which ones?

There are a ton! I usually use the citrus wash, jet seal, butter wax, v32-38 series, and the white light wax. There are of course more, but it is best to try them yourself and see what you think of them.

Chemical Guys MF towels are alright, I have a few different kinds.

I've also used their polishing pads and compounds (V32-38), they're okay but not the best. Menzerna and 3M are better IMO.

My car is completely wrapped in Suntek PPF so the only sealant I use on top of that is Meguiars synthetic paste wax every few months.

I wash the car using blue ONR.

Meguiars Quick Detailer for spraying bug splatters and bird craps before washing and touch ups between washes.

Optimum Power Clean diluted 5:1 for anything the quick detailer won't remove such as, tar or really stuck bug splatters. But it strips wax off so you need to rewax anything you use it on. It also works great for interior cleaning without hurting the leather or plastic in lower concentrations such as 10:1, it's a really amazing cleaner.

I use the Maxi suds, Honey Dew in the foam cannon, Jet Seal, ...the 50/50 Paste Wax is pretty damn good too.

I use Irish Spring. It cleans well. :biggrin:

Only thing from Chemical Guys that I like is the Honey Dew for the foam cannon, and even that isn't as good as McKee's. Most of CC's stuff is rebranded from somewhere else. Look around and I promise you there is better.

I'm overwhelmed on how many different sealants wax's and products. Anyone used them and which ones?

Daily vehicle process:
Spray clean with water (pressure washer)
Spray down with foam (McKee's 37 xtreme foam, MTM PF22 cannon)
Scrub down the truck (Microfiber Madness wash mitt)
Spray off the truck (pressure washer)
Dry the car (Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel)
Clay Bar if necessary (Pinnacle, Griots, Adams, etc. They almost all the same I have found)
Compound/Polish (Do this step if you are going to use a sealant. This is a section all to itself)
Sealant (Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant)
Collinite 845 (Two coats with a 12 hour lag between each coat)

Collinite 845 goes on the daily and Pinnacle Souveran Wax goes on the NSX.

I have to water down CGs leather spray. Too chemical smelling.

Back