• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chevy C8 HEV going to use the NSX TMU?

The spy pics of the C8 shows likeness to the NSX front coolers!!??

GM and Honda are working on a Next Gen. FC and Honda is buying GM's Next Gen. Lithium Battery(Nickel instead of Cobalt).

So is GM using Honda's eSH-AWD in the new C8 HEV?

A future FCEV C8 and NSX?(2-TMU)

All useless speculation...... especially assuming it will be a "low price" car. Just like in the case of the NSX, people are setting themselves up for disappointment by building the car up in their minds to be the perfect car, based solely on speculation. Production cars rarely live up to the prototypes they are derived from. I doubt it will debut before 2020, if at all, and lots of changes can be made between now and then. I don't really have any interest in buying a Corvette, but I've been casually following the C8 development story. Aside from a few pictures, I have seen no real facts abut the car. And the production car could vary quite a bit from the pictures of the race car. It's just as likely to have a re-run big block with supercharger than a proprietary purpose built engine for the ages...... oops, that's speculation. Let's just wait for facts to come out officially......
And BTW, after driving the NSX DCT, I will never again buy a car with a manual transmission...... DCT's are sooo good, and you can choose to manually shift them if on the track if need be. Personal preference of course, and to each his own on this one......
And for the record, a moderately optioned 2019 C7 Corvette ZR1 is about $141K, and I doubt any C8 mid engined top of the line car will be less than that, so not a "cheap" car......

Last edited:
What I heard there will be two Corvettes in 2020.

1) Updated C7 with NA 5.5-6.2L OHV V8 sold at a very good price.

2) C8 with a new DOHC V8tt(hot 800hp and hotter 1000hp HEV version). A street legal racecar(100% designed to beat Ford GT at Le Mans).
NO MANUAL TRANS.

Last edited:
What I heard there will be two Corvettes in 2020.

1) Updated C7 with NA 5.5-6.2L OHV V8 sold at a very good price.

2) C8 with a new DOHC V8tt(hot 800hp and hotter 1000hp HEV version). A street legal racecar(100% designed to beat Ford GT at Le Mans).
NO MANUAL TRANS.

No high end mid-engine car will have a manual transmission from now on. No Ferrari,no lambo,no NSX, no Vette etc...

that said the mid engine vette is going to be awesome.

MC

2015 Jaguar F-Type
1996 Acura NSX

All useless speculation...... especially assuming it will be a "low price" car. Just like in the case of the NSX, people are setting themselves up for disappointment by building the car up in their minds to be the perfect car, based solely on speculation. Production cars rarely live up to the prototypes they are derived from. I doubt it will debut before 2020, if at all, and lots of changes can be made between now and then. I don't really have any interest in buying a Corvette, but I've been casually following the C8 development story. Aside from a few pictures, I have seen no real facts abut the car. And the production car could vary quite a bit from the pictures of the race car. It's just as likely to have a re-run big block with supercharger than a proprietary purpose built engine for the ages...... oops, that's speculation. Let's just wait for facts to come out officially......
And BTW, after driving the NSX DCT, I will never again buy a car with a manual transmission...... DCT's are sooo good, and you can choose to manually shift them if on the track if need be. Personal preference of course, and to each his own on this one......
And for the record, a moderately optioned 2019 C7 Corvette ZR1 is about $141K, and I doubt any C8 mid engined top of the line car will be less than that, so not a "cheap" car......

Following are some facts on the C8:

--Its shape will be universally regarded as both sexy and exotic. Its design will be praised worldwide. It will be hailed as the ultimate and final realization of Zora Arkus-Duntov's vision from decades ago. It will not require the use of Chevy apologists to justify an awkward design.
--It will not have a sedan grille bolted to the front-end. Those will be left on the Chevy Malibu.
--It will be manufactured in the U.S.A. No new Corvette factories will be set up overseas.
--It is being engineered and developed by Chevy employees who do not work on minivans or SUVs.
--It will have the option of a NA DOHC V8 with a flat plane crank that revs to at least 8K RPM. It will not force buyers to use that ICE unit with any hybrid augmentation. Hybrid capabilities will be optional, not mandatory, years later.
--It's design will focus on light weight using CF, CFRP, AI and FG and it will not weigh 3,800 pounds
--The current C7 sells 1000-2000 models per month. The C8 will sell more than that for at least the first 2 years of production.

Last edited:
This is exciting! The high sales number will mean really cheap mid engine monsters for everyone hahah. Who needs exclusivity???

As a fan and owner of old fashioned supercharged small block Chevy engines (see my sig), I hope a mid engined Corvette really happens.

Would I buy? Dunno, depends on what’s released, pricing, and when released.

me too, brand be damned...

Following are some facts on the C8:

--Its shape will be universally regarded as both sexy and exotic. Its design will be praised worldwide. It will be hailed as the ultimate and final realization of Zora Arkus-Duntov's vision from decades ago. It will not require the use of Chevy apologists to justify an awkward design.
That ME corvette has been talked about, planned and postponed many times during the past few decades (even more than the NC1), so it'll be awesome when it finally makes it into production.

Gondo89 said:
--It will not have a sedan grille bolted to the front-end. Those will be left on the Chevy Malibu.

The Nissan GT-R also comes with Nissan's corporate V-motion grille that's also on the Sentra, Versa, Altima, Maxima, Leaf, Kicks, Murano, Rogue, etc. Given that, do you have a problem with the GTR's grille? (For reference, the Mercedes GT cars and Audi R8 are other supercars which also share corporate grilles with the rest of their corporate lineup.)

Gondo89 said:
--It will have the option of a NA DOHC V8 with a flat plane crank that revs to at least 8K RPM. It will not force buyers to use that ICE unit with any hybrid augmentation. Hybrid capabilities will be optional, not mandatory, years later.
That'll be the cheaper base model. If you want the higher performance, more expensive and exclusive one, it'll be the hybrid version (ala NSX NC1) with a rumored output nearing 1000hp.

Gondo89 said:
--It's design will focus on light weight using CF, CFRP, AI and FG and it will not weigh 3,800 pounds

The bloated-looking Nissan GTR also weighs more than that (as well as more than the NSX) even without a hybrid system. Do you have a problem with the GTR's weight?

Gondo89 said:
--The current C7 sells 1000-2000 models per month. The C8 will sell more than that for at least the first 2 years of production.

No one will argue that the Corvette has a strong following community and fan base, but those numbers include sales of all their C7s, including the base stingrays that go for 55k-60k. It would be beyond unfair to try to compare those unit sales to any ONE supercar model. Price point alone is good enough to make them sell like hotcakes, relatively speaking.

Anyways, while your comments on the C8 are well-taken and appreciated, your repeated weak-jabs at the NC1 are getting old (as shown in this post at the NC1's design, grille, weight, etc). We GET IT. You don't like it and you won't get one. That's perfectly fine. However, don't keep cleverly bashing the car over and over as shown in 3/4 of all your posts since joining here. As I pointed above, the GTR suffers from some of the same things you keep bashing the NSX for. Are you on gtrlife doing the same thing about the GTR? Not happy with your GTR?? It's funny because I don't like the GTR myself. I find them to be the Mustang/camaros of the supercar world (both in looks and dollar/performance). While the base one is dirt cheap (relatively-speaking)and attainable at well under 100k, the price-alone was not good enough for me to get one. For the sake of avoiding argument, I'll just say that it wasn't a very attractive or special-looking car to me. Given all this, I still respect the car, but most importantly, I've never bashed it for anything nor do I go to GTR forums bad-mouthing it. If I did, that would probably mean that I had to justify the purchase of my currently car and somehow still wished I got the GTR. But no, that's certainly NOT the case. :biggrin:

Last edited:
That ME corvette has been talked about, planned and postponed many times during the past few decades (even more than the NC1), so it'll be awesome when it finally makes it into production.

The Nissan GT-R also comes with Nissan's corporate V-motion grille that's also on the Sentra, Versa, Altima, Maxima, Leaf, Kicks, Murano, Rogue, etc. Given that, do you have a problem with the GTR's grille? (For reference, the Mercedes GT cars and Audi R8 are other supercars which also share corporate grilles with the rest of their corporate lineup.)

That'll be the cheaper base model. If you want the higher performance, more expensive and exclusive one, it'll be the hybrid version (ala NSX NC1) with a rumored output nearing 1000hp.

The bloated-looking Nissan GTR also weighs more than that (as well as more than the NSX) even without a hybrid system. Do you have a problem with the GTR's weight?

No one will argue that the Corvette has a strong following community and fan base, but those numbers include sales of all their C7s, including the base stingrays that go for 55k-60k. It would be beyond unfair to try to compare those unit sales to any ONE supercar model. Price point alone is good enough to make them sell like hotcakes, relatively speaking.

Anyways, while your comments on the C8 are well-taken and appreciated, your repeated weak-jabs at the NC1 are getting old (as shown in this post at the NC1's design, grille, weight, etc). We GET IT. You don't like it and you won't get one. That's perfectly fine. However, don't keep cleverly bashing the car over and over as shown in 3/4 of all your posts since joining here. As I pointed above, the GTR suffers from some of the same things you keep bashing the NSX for. Are you on gtrlife doing the same thing about the GTR? Not happy with your GTR?? It's funny because I don't like the GTR myself. I find them to be the Mustang/camaros of the supercar world (both in looks and dollar/performance). While the base one is dirt cheap (relatively-speaking)and attainable at well under 100k, the price-alone was not good enough for me to get one. For the sake of avoiding argument, I'll just say that it wasn't a very attractive or special-looking car to me. Given all this, I still respect the car, but most importantly, I've never bashed it for anything nor do I go to GTR forums bad-mouthing it. If I did, that would probably mean that I had to justify the purchase of my currently car and somehow still wished I got the GTR. But no, that's certainly NOT the case. :biggrin:

Looks like you are replying with the wrong content to this thread :confused:, this thread is about the C8 possibly using the NC1 hybrid components. Not sure why you are ranting off about the GT-R here.

Looks like you are replying with the wrong content to this thread :confused:, this thread is about the C8 possibly using the NC1 hybrid components. Not sure why you are ranting off about the GT-R here.

If you read the post by Gondo89 which I was replying to, he was taking repeated jabs at the NC1, something he's been doing in most of his posts in this forum. I was merely replying to his jabs with the same comments about the GT-R, which is the car he owns. As I stated, he could have simply made his statements about the C8 WITHOUT having to cleverly bash the NC1 along the way.

OK...How is it that when the Gen 2 came out, people said it looked like a copy of the Audi R8 and just raked the design team over the coals, but yet when the Mid-Corvette comes out it is labeled as Sexy and Exotic? The car looks almost identical to both. I have not seen the reason people rag on this car so much, other than they are pissed off at the price!

The pics on line show what looks like a camo GT race car doing shakedown.....they maybe trying to homolgate the car for gt racing before offering to public

Back