• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Building a better Ball Joint for the NSX - Carbon 6 Composites

Hi Jeff,

being from Europe, the shipping of both knuckles, heavy, both ways would be
very expensive... can't you make a exception for international NSXers, and
send the ball joints?

i know the risks and have to find a trust worthy shop to replace them, but
any damages would be between me and them, not you.

Mine are good for now, even with the very high mileage, but i know this
will be necessary sooner than later.

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno,

We can discuss that in more detail when you get closer to needing them

Jeff

many of us have been waiting for options like this....nice work.

listen you have more herpes than me you slut.....

The boots arrived from Honda today.
We are now going to start excepting incoming parts for replacement.

Use the following address if you are going to send your knuckles to us:
Carbon 6 Composites
3825 E Calumet St
Suite 400 - 188
Appleton WI 54915

Please include your phone number so we can contact you once they are received and confirm when they are ready to ship back.
It's best to strip all the peripheral parts from the knuckles before shipping. Such as the wheel hub/bearing etc. That makes it much lighter.

There is no need to set up an appointment for these but if you want to shoot me a PM to give me a "heads up" they are on the way to us, that is always helpful.
Our goal is to turn these around in just a couple days.
We will contact you once they are complete to set up payment and shipping arrangements back to you.

-Jeff
920-585-3084

Hi Jeff

My front lower joints are up for replacement. I am in Denmark and only interested in replacing them locally (my Honda dealer says he can do it). Please let me know if you are willing to ship these to me? Cost incl shipping to Denmark?

- Thanks, Niels ([email protected])

Hi Jeff

My front lower joints are up for replacement. I am in Denmark and only interested in replacing them locally (my Honda dealer says he can do it). Please let me know if you are willing to ship these to me? Cost incl shipping to Denmark?

- Thanks, Niels ([email protected])

Email sent

Hi Jeff. I live in Norway and are also in need for balljoints. Have several contacts that is capable of installing these items. Need upper and lower on both sides. Are you willing to ship?

PM Sent.

We now have the Rear Ball Joints done as well. These will be available early April. We are just waiting for them to come back from our anodizers.

The rear ball joints present a unique challenge. The rear upper joint is cast into the control arm itself and not a serviceable part. In an effort to keep as much of the factory components as we can we developed a special jig to hold the arm in our CNC to machine a precision pocket for our joints internal components. Then we replace the boot and thread a high strength aluminum cap to seal it together. This give you a fresh new joint in your factory arm and allows you to service it in the future as well. You can see some more information on the progress of that on our blog here http://www.carbon6composites.com/blog.php

I had a set of four front ball joints installed when I had my camber bushings installed. Car feels much better now. Thanks for the awesome work Jeff!

Great thread and addition to the community.. these cars will need all these vendors for years to come

just bought the front set and waiting for the courier man to drop off, looking forward to these

got my fronts back with all four done! let me say this! Customer service, TOP NOTCH! Quality, TOP NOTCH!! Performance, TOP NOTCH!!!! I am a customer for sure now! not only is the value there, but the service isnt just do what you ask. They didnt like the look of my dust covers so they replaced them, super fast turn around and holy hell I opened the box and I thought I got brand new knuckles with some badass balljoints! so happy and they feel amazing on my 91' with a manual rack. I'll definitely be getting more Carbon 6 parts if not all of them!!

Perfect that they are done as my car is getting a full refresh and a video feature and review by a site in the next few weeks!

Jeff is Carbon 6 still offering ball joint replacement work for the front and rear?

We now have the Rear Ball Joints done as well. These will be available early April. We are just waiting for them to come back from our anodizers.

The rear ball joints present a unique challenge. The rear upper joint is cast into the control arm itself and not a serviceable part. In an effort to keep as much of the factory components as we can we developed a special jig to hold the arm in our CNC to machine a precision pocket for our joints internal components. Then we replace the boot and thread a high strength aluminum cap to seal it together. This give you a fresh new joint in your factory arm and allows you to service it in the future as well. You can see some more information on the progress of that on our blog here http://www.carbon6composites.com/blog.php

Back