• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago-Anyone familiar with this car?

Sure sounds like a scam.

I sent him an e-mail asking to take a look at the car. (Most scammers won't let anyone see the car because they don't really own it.) Let's see what he says.

I too sent him an email asking to see the car; it's been about 5 hours, no reply yet.

I wonder if the cactus is for sale too? I have such a hard time growing them around here with the winters and all... :rolleyes:

nsx2tall said:
I wonder if the cactus is for sale too? I have such a hard time growing them around here with the winters and all... :rolleyes:
Yes, he'll be happy to accept $18,800 for the cactus. For $18,800, you might even receive an actual cactus...

Hey all- I haven't posted forever. I got a voicemailabout this thread asking if this was my old car- it is not! My Green 94 is in Texas now. I emailed too, but we all know it's a scam :)
Aaron

nsxtasy said:
Sure sounds like a scam.

I sent him an e-mail asking to take a look at the car. (Most scammers won't let anyone see the car because they don't really own it.) Let's see what he says.
I was wondering what kind of excuse or story he would dream up, instead of saying "I'll be happy to show you the car, what day is good for you?" His response is below. I'm still playing along, and asked the question again.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: 1994 Acura Honda NSX Brooklands Green 50k miles - $18800

Hello,

I have received your email regarding my 1994 ACURA NSX, VIN# JH4NA1159RT000351. I am glad that you are interested in my car. The car is in good condition, only 50k Miles, with no scratches on it, no damage and the title is clears, no salvage. I’m not going to lie about this, the car is used but it was very well maintained, inspected every 10k miles, garaged and driven occasionally. I also changed the tires with new ones. The pictures are a bit old, but the only ones I’ve got here with me.

The problem is that I’m in the army and I’m currently based in Texas. I’m selling the car because I’ve just bought a new H2, call it a change of style, but I’m a new man now.

I was a bit hurry to place that ad because I only have my leave in a couple of weeks and I’m not sure how exactly I will sell my old car. I have in mind two possibilities, one is to wait for customers to show up at my house when I will be back home and the other is to ship it before returning because it can be easily arranged from my base. I believe that I can sell it faster locally and maybe I will wait until then. I can not promise you that I’m not selling it before that because I have many e-mails asking me to ship it right away. I think that is because of the low price I’m asking on the car. I’m not after a big profit but I think if sold locally I’ll add a couple of thousands on that price.

Let me know how interested you are on purchasing my car and maybe we can agree on something, maybe meet face to face, if you can wait for me to get back home, but remember, I can not promise you to hold it that long. I have only an hour a day to check my e-mails so maybe I will not get back to you right away.

I will look forward your response.

Regards,

Roberts, Falco (NASL N44L)

HAHA! Here is his reply to me:

Hello,
I'm from Newark,NJ and the car is there in my garage. Currently I'm in Italy where I'm staying with my son and his wife. My son had a heart attack and needs a triple bypass,and this is why I decided to move here with my wyfe to help his wife to take care of him.He may not make it after operation so I have to stay here.I want to sell the car because I don't want it here.If you are really interested to buy the car (the total price is $12000,this price includes shipping and insurance),I will come back in US no longer than two days, so we be able to close the deal.So if you are serious interested, please let me know and we will discuss the payment options and maybe we can get to a deal!
Waiting for your reply.
Have a nice day!

I'm not playing this game so I'm not replying.

Back