• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago / IN / WI / MI fall color tour

Anyone interested in a fall color tour in the mid/late October timeframe ??

There are several very scenic spots in the area -- around Road America (WI), by the covered bridges in Indiana (near Putnam Park), by South Haven in Michigan (near Gingerman), etc. You can tell my "scenery preferences" include twisty road courses
biggrin.gif

Please post if interested here... I'll also look into related events in the area.
- schedule preference(s)
- location preference(s)
- interest in a track event ?

Thanks -- Manuel

Manuel I just signed up for the Badger Bimmer driving school in Oct 5-6th at RA. I also will be there Sept 22nd for the Vintage race and Sept 29th for the Alfa time trials let me know if anything evolves.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
Manuel I just signed up for the Badger Bimmer driving school in Oct 5-6th at RA.
Are you driving your NSX at the Badger RA school? are you attending the Friday session also?

###########

last weekend in September is F1 at Indy; also BMW Buckeye HPDE at MidOhio

OCTOBER events

04-06
Road America -- BMW Badger HPDE
Putnam Park -- Hikari / Wheel Source HPDE

Gingerman -- CGI HPDE

12-13
Gingerman -- Audi Club

19-20
MidOhio -- PCA Allegheny HPDE

Gingerman -- VW Club Chicago

I know I may be living in Hawaii with all these wonderful women walking around, but at this point in my life, living over 20 years in Hawaii, I AM JEALOUS OF YOU GUYS to be able to pick up and drive, drive, drive your NSX's where ever you please. Remember now, originally, I'm from the south side of Chicago, Orland Park.

Catch up to you later, Jerry
cool.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 21 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 21 August 2002).]

Manuel I will have my NSX there all of those weekends and the School. As for that Friday I might come but thats just for Insructors I believe.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Manuel I just signed up for the Badger Bimmer driving school in Oct 5-6th at RA.

While you're there, why don't you ask the organizers why they banned all NSXs from their event a few years ago.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
While you're there, why don't you ask the organizers why they banned all NSXs from their event a few years ago.

My take on it Ken was there was one bad apple breaking the rules getting black flagged and driving stupid. So they kicked him out that day. You do know Jeff B was there last year Instructing and has a NSX in there school. I have not heard back from them yet only sent in the check.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

My take on it Ken was there was one bad apple breaking the rules getting black flagged and driving stupid. So they kicked him out that day. You do know Jeff B was there last year Instructing and has a NSX in there school. I have not heard back from them yet only sent in the check.

Here are the facts.

Seven NSX owners attended the Badger Bimmers school in October, 1997 - six as students, and myself as an instructor. At the end of the event, their organizers complimented us and said they looked forward to having us back again.

In Spring of 1998, one or more of their people observed A.K., another NSX driver (who was not at the 1997 event) driving extremely aggressively at an event held by the Nord Stern Chapter of PCA. They then banned all NSX drivers from their events, beginning with their October 1998 school, and rejected any registrations that were submitted.

In the past year or two, a few NSX turncoats (which is what I consider them, in light of the shabby treatment we had received) - namely, Jeff B and Manuel C - have participated in the Badger Bimmer events. The rest of us will never have anything to do with those @$$holes.

Minor correction to the FACTS:

I was at the school at the 10/98 Badger school, driving a Sebring Silver NSX.

There were other NSX owners who have attended these events -- they just chose to drive other cars.

One drove his other car (black 4D E36 M3) at the 10/98 school because his NSX (red with trailer hitch) was down due to tranny problems from a prior event at MidOhio.

AFAIK only the RED cars were unfairly discriminated against.

###########

Add an OPINION:

I don't agree with what the Badgers did in 1998.

I think Road America is a great track, and the scenery in October is pretty impressive.

Here are the facts.

Seven NSX owners attended the Badger Bimmers school in October, 1997 - six as students, and myself as an instructor. At the end of the event, their organizers complimented us and said they looked forward to having us back again.

In Spring of 1998, one or more of their people observed A.K., another NSX driver (who was not at the 1997 event) driving extremely aggressively at an event held by the Nord Stern Chapter of PCA. They then banned all NSX drivers from their events, beginning with their October 1998 school, and rejected any registrations that were submitted.
So what was A.K's problem I heard he was warned about his aggressive driving but did NOT listen.
In the past year or two, a few NSX turncoats (which is what I consider them, in light of the shabby treatment we had received) - namely, Jeff B and Manuel C - have participated in the Badger Bimmer events. The rest of us will never have anything to do with those @$$holes.
Like I said I still have not heard anything back form them yet. As I recall being there last year watching and getting rides from Jeff B it was a nice event.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Originally posted by nsx1164:
I was at the school at the 10/98 Badger school, driving a Sebring Silver NSX.

Yes, Manuel was - in a supreme display of disloyalty at a time when all the other NSX owners were being discriminated against, with the rest of us all receiving a letter that our applications were rejected. Nice...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 25 August 2002).]

Ken I assume you got the letter from Darcy I sent you. Still sounds like there was one bad apple wrecking it for the rest of you people you should be pissed at him not the Badger BMW club.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steve,

Yes, I got your note. They were lying when they said they had problems with NSX drivers at their own events.

The "bad apple" (Al K.) never participated in the Badger Bimmers event, and did not apply to do so. They were basing their discrimination on his actions in another event (held by the Nord Stern Chapter PCA), and using it to ban a bunch of NSX drivers who weren't even at that event. I don't think I've ever even met him.

We had approached the head of the chapter as well as the North Central Region representative on the BMW CCA board, all to no avail.

What, exactly, would you suggest we do with a "bad apple" that we had had nothing to do with, and that had had nothing to do with the bozos in this BMW CCA chapter?

Here are the facts.

In Spring of 1998, one or more of their people observed A.K., another NSX driver (who was not at the 1997 event) driving extremely aggressively at an event held by the Nord Stern Chapter of PCA. .

Ken is not talking about me....I swear!
redface.gif

Steve,

Yes, I got your note. They were lying when they said they had problems with NSX drivers at their own events.

The "bad apple" (Al K.) never participated in the Badger Bimmers event, and did not apply to do so. They were basing their discrimination on his actions in another event (held by the Nord Stern Chapter PCA), and using it to ban a bunch of NSX drivers who weren't even at that event. I don't think I've ever even met him.

We had approached the head of the chapter as well as the North Central Region representative on the BMW CCA board, all to no avail.

What, exactly, would you suggest we do with a "bad apple" that we had had nothing to do with, and that had had nothing to do with the bozos in this BMW CCA chapter?
Not sure Ken I guess try to get over it. I did recieve notification that I got in the school and they did say NSXs are allowed and only a couple people were banned from there event.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I, for one, would let it go... its been 4 years. Life's too short.
biggrin.gif

Hey guys,
I'm the new kid on the block in Midwest Region and after reading this thread am wondering what I got myself into. I have also siged up for the O'Fast weekend and will be driving my '92 Red NSX. I have not encountered any issues or discrimination with the Badger Bimmers. I know Jeff B. and he's a super guy and a great driver! I knew he was going up that weekend and I'm signed up with him as my instructor, like you Steve. Perhaps the winds of change have cleared up the earlier issues?

This is my first post, so I hope it works. BTW, I bought the car in NJ in June and amstill smilng from ear to ear!

------------------
'92 NSX Red/Black

Originally posted by Rockford NSX:
I'm the new kid on the block in Midwest Region and after reading this thread am wondering what I got myself into.
This is my first post, so I hope it works. BTW, I bought the car in NJ in June and amstill smilng from ear to ear!
Welcome Rockford NSX -- hopefully you can join us for the country drive this weekend.

Details here --> http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000122.html

See you on Sunday!!

I may be interested....
smile.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales guy
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)

Yes, Manuel was - in a supreme display of disloyalty at a time when all the other NSX owners were being discriminated against, with the rest of us all receiving a letter that our applications were rejected. Nice...

I for one think Manuel is a very nice guy and should not be having any grudge held against him. At least not for something like this. Life is too short, that is right. Hope to see you guys this weekend.
smile.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales guy
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)

Originally posted by mason@tirerack:

I for one think Manuel is a very nice guy and should not be having any grudge held against him. At least not for something like this. Life is too short, that is right. Hope to see you guys this weekend.
smile.gif

Hey Mason (meeyatch!!) -- hope you guys can make it out this weekend. Get Aaron and others and saddle up !!!

PS -- you're a nice guy too
biggrin.gif

PS -- you're a nice guy too
biggrin.gif
[/B]

I'm working on getting Aaron to come along. I'll be there for sure. See you this weekend!
smile.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales guy
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)

[This message has been edited by mason@tirerack (edited 19 September 2002).]

Back