• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago/Milwaukee area: Ideas for Fall Country drive

Since we're technically in early Fall, time to start planning a nice country drive... at least for the Chicago/Milwaukee area folks. We have a bit of time to plan this, in time to get some nice foliage color/cooler weather etc.

We had a few of these last year, and they were a lot of fun.

I wanted to solicit input/preference from folks...

a) Interest in doing this (YES/NO)

b) Preferred timing (which FALL weekend?)

c) Preferred area:
- Rockford / Galena area (IL)
- Wisconsin
- other

d) Any specific things you'd like to do/see (other than testing the rev-limiter in 3rd gear :) )

e) IMPORTANT: NSX-only or multi-marque sportscar

NOTE: this does not replace the regular Sunday brunch...

Please post inputs here, or email to mcantoria at yahoo dot com.

Thanks -- Manuel

###############

Some pix from last year's events here and here.

Manuel count me in...How about you guys driving to Road America on the 21st of Sept for the Vintage Races we can park up the the Paddock somewhere and maybe go over to Seibkens later... just a thought.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steven Spanbauer said:
How about you guys driving to Road America on the 21st of Sept for the Vintage Races we can park up the the Paddock somewhere and maybe go over to Seibkens later... just a thought.
What's going on at RA on the 21st ??

My experience with these longer "country" drives is that you might want to do other "events" -- brunches, bigger meals, anything with alcohol, race spectating -- on another day.

I hear South Bend Indiana is really nice in the fall. I have a killer tire test track I know of that we could possibly end up at?:D

There is also race style go carting on a 2 mile track in this great state of fallen leaves (hasse chassis 40 mph karts with HONDA motors!):D Plus the karting action is not far from brunch at the legendary Studabaker mansion? Just a thought, only bad part is that most of you are really far from here. If it's a chicago area gathering I'm in too of course.

Either way, I'm in
Aaron

updates so far...

Have seen SOME interest in doing this... most are open to a multi-marque drive.

Locations suggested include:
- Starved Rock Park (W IL)
- South Bend, IN (include karting ?)
- Wisconsin rustic roads
- Rockford / Rock River (NW IL)

Any suggestions on a date ??

How about Rockford/Rock River 9/27 or 9/28 or 10/4 or 10/5?

p.s. cojones, the event at RA this weekend is the Vintage Fall Festival.
Can't go as I am working.

Steven Spanbauer said:
Manuel count me in...How about you guys driving to Road America on the 21st of Sept for the Vintage Races we can park up the the Paddock somewhere and maybe go over to Seibkens later... just a thought.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I think I will be there Saturday. Don't know about Sunday. Let me know if anybody else is going.

Manuel-

a. Yes.

b. 9/27-28 or 10/11-12.

c. Kettle Moraine area WI
Wisconsin Dells
Door County (a haul)
(Anywhere is cool)

d. Shift into 5th at redline. :eek:
Go to an automotive event/show/race/etc.
Drive some go-karts

e. NSX only if we can get enough together. Multi-marque is okay too.

When is the next brunch?

brahtw8 said:
I think I will be there Saturday. Don't know about Sunday. Let me know if anybody else is going.

I can only go Sunday...But I plan on being there next weekend also for the Alfa Time trials and the next weekend for the Badger Bimmer School.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steven Spanbauer said:
I can only go Sunday...But I plan on being there next weekend also for the Alfa Time trials and the next weekend for the Badger Bimmer School.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Sunday is looking like more of a possiblity. I will also be at the BMW CCA event. Octoberfast Rules!

brahtw8 said:
Sunday is looking like more of a possiblity. I will also be at the BMW CCA event. Octoberfast Rules!

Great...What group are you in?

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steven Spanbauer said:
Great...What group are you in?

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Novice, as this will be my third full-fledged school.

Touring and autocross events don't count.

I'll bring the NSX as long as it doesn't rain. If it rains, I'll probably bring the 325.

brahtw8 said:
Novice, as this will be my third full-fledged school.

Touring and autocross events don't count.

I'll bring the NSX as long as it doesn't rain. If it rains, I'll probably bring the 325.

Another friend of mine will be in your group with his 91 Blk/Blk NSX and I will have mine rain or shine...See you there!!!

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I will be @ BMW too. I just sold my Teg and won't have the NSX in time, so I gotta sit Alpha and BMW out. I will be back in spring @ Windy City with an NSX in the advanced group.

You will absolutely love the BMW school and especially @ RA. You WILL be hooked. Good luck and don't try to be Alex Zanardi during your first school, just concentrate on the lines, and braking points. Most of all have fun.

Last edited:
Back