• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Circa 2007: NSX with a V10!

Ran across this Car and Driver mag while organizing my NSX Driver newsletters today. It was 10 years after I bought my NA1 and I was looking for increased power to weight ratio. But Honda had prototyped a front engine V10. I still wanted it. Read on…

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Very cool trip down nostalgia lane. As I recall, the recession hit the following year, set all the automakers back, and delayed the gen 2.

It liked it and would have bought one if it was half the price of an LFA which is still the car I will buy when I win tonight‘s PowerBall.

Last edited:
This is the one I wanted:
I really thought this would be the basis for the next NSX. But Honda was still in F1 and probably saw the advent of MGU-H around the corner. I'm sure at that point they had initial talks about next gen F1 motors. Add to that the housing crash and when they went back to the drawing board they were probably looking at future tech beyond ICE engines. Remember back then they started the 'Earth Dreams' campaign too.

A high revving Honda V-10 would have been glorious to have in a street car though.

Alot of designs for that concept made its way onto the nc1. You can see the front end healights ,shield design and fender vents as well as the high mounted rear stop light all took inspiration from this concept. The proportions were changed for mid engine but I wish they would have used the tail light design from the honda hsv-10. The tail light design on the nc1 is a boring compared to the front end.

Alot of designs for that concept made its way onto the nc1. You can see the front end healights ,shield design and fender vents as well as the high mounted rear stop light all took inspiration from this concept. The proportions were changed for mid engine but I wish they would have used the tail light design from the honda hsv-10. The tail light design on the nc1 is a boring compared to the front end.
finally found a high res shot of the rear... enjoy (not a real fan of the stacked exhaust tips. did Lexus steal that detail for the F cars?)
1709775288091.png

Back