• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clock Hour Cycling

The hour on my 91 nsx clock suddenly started cycling and will not stop. Hitting the reset button clears the clock and then the hour starts cycling again. Did not see any previous posts on this problem and wanted to see if anyone had dealt with this or could point me in the direction of how to repair it. Thanks!

I had this happen to my car after a carwash, I was unable to find a cure, and ended up replacing the clock with a used one from the classifieds section after a few months (the cycling was annoying, so I unplugged the clock in the meantime). Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but the used cost is around $20-30, and I could find no obvious internal faults in the clock - just pull the clock forward to remove.

Are there condensators in there that go bad like the BOSE and climate board? :) Should be indepentant on car-wash.

Thanks for the imput so far! I took the clock apart to see if the button was stuck and actually removed the top part of the button on the board but the hour continued to cycle. Guessing that problem is on the board but since I don't have experience messing with circuit boards either try to find someone who does or find a used one if possible. Any further leads would be appreciated!

I replaced my center vent and the one I bought came with the clock. I will look tonight to see if I saved the old clock. It worked fine.

this just happened to me last night clock went haywire so i just unplugged it for the time being.

has anyone ever come up with a solution?

Back