• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coffee and Cars Palos Verdes, September 3rd

Earlier this year, I stumbled across a Coffee and Cars event just minutes from my home. First Saturday of every month from 7:30am to 9am, Peninsula Seniors host a gathering in the parking lot of the Peninsula Shopping Center (where Hawthorne Blvd meets Silver Spur). I haven't talked much about it because I wanted a chance to check it out before mentioning it here, but I've now gone to three. While these gatherings are a fraction of the size of the Cars and Coffee events you may be familiar with, they attract a great range of automobiles past and present. Each month, they pick a type of car to feature. The first month I stumbled across it, they focused on Ferrari (and attracted 30 in addition to their regulars). The first month I attended focused on Porsche (and attracted at least that many if not more). Their flyer says they usually attract 100 cars.

I've had the only NSX at each meet (with the exception of one other at this month's). This MUST change because September's theme is:

Japanese Sports Cars and High Performance Cars (Old and New)

The entrance for the Coffee & Cars meet is located at here, the northeast corner of the parking lot. That said, the organizers are encouraging us to enter and exit the lot from Hawthorne Blvd. They cannot reserve spaces, but will try to hold the first row of the third section for just NSXs.

ARRIVE BY 7AM IF YOU WANT TO PARK WITH THE GROUP

Here's the final list:

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME (maybe)
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. jagtiger
9. mike2la (maybe)
10. g3driver
11. LMR
12. Doraemon
13. SYANRA
14. coreyco
15. 996garage
16. Joseph (maybe)
17. Mark G
18. mcano

Here are links to my photos from the meets I've attended:

May

July

August

Last edited:
I plan on coming. I found this address for those who want to Google it or put it in your GPS.

44 Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274-3506 (Peninsula Shopping Center)

Looks like enough interest to start a list.

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. CDX_NSX

Those of us coming in from the SGV area should meet up somewhere.

Coffee and Cars...and brownies? :)

Why, yes! I'll bring some. :smile:

IMG_3205110601brownies.jpg

The event is a few miles from me so please count me in. Thanks for organizing Eric.:smile:

Why, yes! I'll bring some. :smile:

Sweet!

The event is a few miles from me so please count me in. Thanks for organizing Eric.:smile:

I'm just happy to have an event so close to home for a change. They did say I should focus my effort on including cars from PV and the South Bay. ;)

Last edited:
Count me in! I am loving this car and coffee thing :) Can't wait to see you guys there.

Earlier this year, I stumbled across a Coffee and Cars event just minutes from my home. First Saturday of every month from 7:30am to 9am, Peninsula Seniors host a gathering in the parking lot of the Peninsula Shopping Center (where Hawthorne Blvd meets Silver Spur). I haven't talked much about it because I wanted a chance to check it out before mentioning it here, but I've now gone to three. While these gatherings are a fraction of the size of the Cars and Coffee events you may be familiar with, they attract a great range of automobiles past and present. Each month, they pick a type of car to feature. The first month I stumbled across it, they focused on Ferrari (and attracted 30 in addition to their regulars). The first month I attended focused on Porsche (and attracted at least that many if not more). Their flyer says they usually attract 100 cars.

I've had the only NSX at each meet (with the exception of one other at this month's). This MUST change because September's theme is:

Japanese Sports Cars and High Performance Cars (Old and New)

The entrance for the Coffee & Cars meet is located at here, the northeast corner of the parking lot.

So who would like to join us up on the hill in September? I exchanged e-mails with the organizer and he wants to stress that this event is ideally for locals (Palos Verdes and the South Bay)...but can grow the area to accommodate a larger group if necessary.

Here's the list thus far:

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME (maybe)
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. CDX_NSX
9. jagtiger
10. mike2la (maybe)

Here are links to my photos from the meets I've attended:

May

July

August

I should be able to make it. Maybe a drive afterwards is in order???

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME (maybe)
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. CDX_NSX
9. jagtiger
10. mike2la (maybe)
11. g3driver
12. LMR

Hadn't planned on a drive given that the Peninsula is kinda removed from the fun roads and far from the freeway. That said, a cruise around the PV Drives may be in order (especially if we're interested in group photo ops)...we'd just have to watch our speed.

Last edited:

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME (maybe)
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. CDX_NSX
9. jagtiger
10. mike2la (maybe)
11. g3driver
12. LMR
13. Doraemon

I think a drive up PV East from PV North and finish off from the hairpin turns that connect back to PV South in front of Trump International would be a fairly good drive, don't you think?

Hadn't planned on a drive given that the Peninsula is kinda removed from the fun roads and far from the freeway. That said, a cruise around the PV Drives may be in order (especially if we're interested in group photo ops)...we'd just have to watch our speed.

Group photos in PV would be great:smile:

I think a drive up PV East from PV North and finish off from the hairpin turns that connect back to PV South in front of Trump International would be a fairly good drive, don't you think?

I think we found a drive:biggrin:

Will definitely try to make it ! Thanks for organizing. Should be a nice drive for an early Saturday morning

Quote:

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME (maybe)
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. CDX_NSX
9. jagtiger
10. mike2la (maybe)
11. g3driver
12. LMR
13. Doraemon
14. SYANRA

Yeah, that's what I was implying by my "cruise around the PV Drives" comment. Just remember they strongly enforce the limits, especially on PV Drive East...but the view coming down the twisties to Trump is not to be missed, especially if we get a clear shot of Catalina that morning.

Yeah, that's what I was implying by my "cruise around the PV Drives" comment. Just remember they strongly enforce the limits, especially on PV Drive East...but the view coming down the twisties to Trump is not to be missed, especially if we get a clear shot of Catalina that morning.

I happened to be in the area yesterday morning in Rolling Hills and decided to check out the drive. Nice short runs, definitely hit up the twisties south on PV Drive East, and beautiful scenery all around. But yes, watch your speed as I was spotted 3 black/whites in and around PV. One of them was posted down on PV Drive South along the coast with his radar mounted on his driverside window in both directions :eek:. He had dual radars! For the most part there is a bit of traffic, even for the time/day, along PV Drive East where the twisties are at, but down towards Trump it can open up where I pretty much let go. Elsewhere I cruised the coast as I enjoyed the view. There's also a perfect location for a shoot. :smile:

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

During one of my long runs last year, I snapped this panorama of the PV Drive East twisties (with Catalina clearly visible) using my cellphone:

1150040260_QR8E4-X2.jpg

One of them was posted down on PV Drive South along the coast with his radar mounted on his driverside window in both directions :eek:. He had dual radars!

Ugh.

Hey, Nemo, you didn't mention if you plan to join us.

Hi eric, yea that weekend is still up in the air for me as it is my friend's birthday. I'll keep you posted. Love that shot and that's probably the only place I recommend speeding :biggrin:

Back