• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coffee and Cars Palos Verdes, September 3rd

Look forward to being there. Thanks for posting, Eric.
-Corey

1. akira3d
2. Ca AGNSX
3. RYU
4. Theo1
5. TOOLTIME (maybe)
6. Kyras
7. DASHNBY
8. CDX_NSX
9. jagtiger
10. mike2la (maybe)
11. g3driver
12. LMR
13. Doraemon
14. SYANRA
15. coreyco

Eric, Sounds like you'll need to have them add "NSX Meet" to the Peninsula Seniors sign! :biggrin: Have a good time!

Eric, Sounds like you'll need to have them add "NSX Meet" to the Peninsula Seniors sign! :biggrin: Have a good time!

Yeah...hope I'm not overdoing it. They might not welcome me back. :eek:

Thx Eric. I'd like to join also.

BTW.. You asked who this was http://www.akira3d.com/NSX/Meet-and-Eat/2011-08-ccpv/18404489_JCVhP7#1418784110_2dD9sSK-A-LB
I believe that's our own 996Garage :) That's my guess at least.

Hi Eric and Ryu,
Yes that was me at the Cars and Coffee... as I don't think you'll find too many other silverstone nsx's in PV with a booster seat in the front :biggrin:

My house is about a 1 minute drive away, so I've been there a couple times with the nsx and a couple times with one of my other cars. Last month the organizer did specifically stop to tell me that the Sept. 3rd theme is "Japanese sports cars", and that I should come back. However I think they may be a bit overwhelmed with too many nsx's showing up. That's because the center section of the parking lot is reserved for the month's theme car, and as I recall, there's probably only about 20-25 spots total! I think anything more than 5-8 nsx's in the center section of the lot would be too much IMHO.

Of course there's lots of parking all around the show area, so there's no reason why we can't have tons of nsx's show up as long as everyone doesn't try and cram into the center of the cars and coffee show area. Having a little cruise afterwards sounds like a great idea to me. Maybe swing down to the cliffs at Paseo Del Mar and cruise PV Drive West to South and end up at Trump National GC...

Steve

My house is about a 1 minute drive away, so I've been there a couple times with the nsx and a couple times with one of my other cars.

Which other car?

However I think they may be a bit overwhelmed with too many nsx's showing up.

The organizers wanted to make sure I e-mailed them if our group grew beyond 10, which I did just a couple of days after I first posted this thread. :D

That's because the center section of the parking lot is reserved for the month's theme car, and as I recall, there's probably only about 20-25 spots total! I think anything more than 5-8 nsx's in the center section of the lot would be too much IMHO.

I figured that too, but, considering how few Japanese cars I see at this Coffee & Cars (one NSX, one or two GT-Rs), I figured it couldn't hurt to have more NSXs show up than the total number of race cars they had at this month's event. ;)

Maybe swing down to the cliffs at Paseo Del Mar and cruise PV Drive West to South and end up at Trump National GC...

I'm favoring an orbit in the opposite direction because the view is better as you descend towards Trump...perhaps ending at Terranea?

Last edited:
If I was just a mild NSX aficionado I probably wouldn't want to see more than say 5 NSXs at one time.

I don't mind parking in the outskirts or outside. I've never been to the location so i'll have to figure it out once I get there.

Likely can't join the drive after though. Work beckons and will probably have to leave the event early as a result.

I didn't park the other cars in the main show lot, as I didn't think they were quite worthy to hang with the Ferraris :rolleyes: (so you probably didn't see them)
(Company mobile audio show car and restored 85 Supra)
39284434009_medium.jpg
23061580026_medium.jpg

That's cool that you already gave them a heads up. As for the cruise, I don't think you can go wrong hitting up Trump, Terranea, and the Paseo Del Mar cliffs. :smile:

The organizers mentioned they cannot reserve spaces, but will try to keep the entire first row of the third section for NSXs...and will point us to that section as we arrive. They recommend we arrive by 7am.

Also, I found a parking lot at the base of the cliffs on the San Pedro side of the peninsula that would be an awesome location for a photo op. Unfortunately, there's an $8 entry fee to the beach / park with no in and out privileges (and I don't plan to spend a whole lot of time there) with no guarantee of whether or not we can actually find spaces together for a group shot. I have no idea how crowded it gets on weekends, but there was barely anyone there this morning. Would anyone be interested?

i-VDL25Wk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be fun, sorry I will not be able to make this run either. Mike, you may need to have another passenger ride with you if you are in need of laughs.

Have fun everyone and take pictures!

The organizers mentioned they cannot reserve spaces, but will try to keep the entire first row of the third section for NSXs...and will point us to that section as we arrive. They recommend we arrive by 7am.

Also, I found a parking lot at the base of the cliffs on the San Pedro side of the peninsula that would be an awesome location for a photo op. Unfortunately, there's an $8 entry fee to the beach / park with no in and out privileges (and I don't plan to spend a whole lot of time there) with no guarantee of whether or not we can actually find spaces together for a group shot. I have no idea how crowded it gets on weekends, but there was barely anyone there this morning. Would anyone be interested?

I don't care if I park with the other NSXs. My color is the best and stands out where ever it is. :biggrin:

I'd rather not pay $8 just to park for a photo. I just want to drive with other NSXs.

Don't mean to sound snotty, Eric. This will be fun.

Last edited:
I'd rather not pay $8 just to park for a photo. I just want to drive with other NSXs.

I'm guessing that's how most people feel. That's why I threw it out there.

I'm home now and it's 82*. Not too bad but it sure was cool at the ocean. Thank you, Eric, for organizing this and leading us on a nice little drive. I'm glad we walked to the ocean and checked it out, too. I enjoyed seeing everyone. :smile:

Back