• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coffee and Cars Palos Verdes, September 3rd

Thanks Eric for setting this up. Had a great time and good to see everyone. Here are some pics.

PalosVerdedrive9-3003.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3005.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3002.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3010.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3013.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3016.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3017.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3019.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3023.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3024.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3026.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3029.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3030.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3031.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3033.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3034.jpg

PalosVerdedrive9-3036.jpg

Here is the rest.

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/lakersuclaraidersfan/Palos Verdes drive 9-3/

Last edited:
Thanks, Eric, for organizing this scenic meet. Great to see old friends and meet new, local ones too! The drive in the cliffs of P.V. and the beauty of the ocean was stellar. The relaxed atmosphere of the Palos Verdes meet was a good change. The rest of the NSXers followed with lunch at Coco Ichibanya in Torrance for some Japanese curry---Yummm! P.S., Thanks to Patty, of course, for her heavenly, decadent, to-die-for Brownies : )

Last edited:
Thanks, Eric, for organizing this scenic meet. Great to see old friends and meet new, local ones too! The drive in the cliffs of P.V. and the beauty of the ocean was stellar. The relaxed atmosphere of the Palos Verdes meet was a good change. The rest of the NSXers followed with lunch at Coco Ichibanya in Torrance for some Japanese curry---Yummm! P.S., Thanks to Patty, of course, for her heavenly, decadent, to-die-for Brownies : )

You're welcome. They were especially moist today. :smile:

Thanks, Eric, for organizing this magnificent event. It’s a good change of pace to go to the PV event over the other two. Thanks to Patty’s mouth-watering Brownies I was able to hang in there until lunch at Coco Ichibanya. It was great spend time and hang out with you all. We should do this again soon!

Thank you for sharing all of the great photos, and thanks to Eric for getting this started. I had a great time meeting and talking to everyone, and according to my little son "it was the best day ever!" Hopefully you guys can all make it up this way again soon!

Thanks for the kind words everyone...I was a little concerned that people were going to be disappointed by the relative shortness of the drive, so I'm glad to see everyone enjoyed the view. And thanks to Patty for bringing the brownies, especially because I had not really thought about stopping for breakfast/brunch.

Was it Doraemon or Steve who recommended CoCo Ichibanya? Thanks for the recommendation. I liked it a lot...even returned for dinner last night with the wifey. Definitely better than the Curry House in Torrance.

I'm still going through my photos, but here are a few samples. As always, I like to tease:

i-D788TDb-X3.jpg

i-MtBjdZ5-L.jpg

i-fXTNC6C-L.jpg

i-Vq5Brqm-L.jpg

i-X8c3SXj-L.jpg

i-Cw8V2Fx-L.jpg

i-B7Mp3BK-L.jpg

i-bjW6ztS-L.jpg

i-V2hwQgS-L.jpg

i-BwPs5Ls-L.jpg

i-TBg56gC-L.jpg

i-zKRrhJm-L.jpg

i-XZPgLNs-L.jpg

i-hrjD5Bc-L.jpg

i-xKBm8N8-L.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you liked CoCo Ichibanya... it's one of my favorites!

BTW, not sure if you guys noticed or not, but after the meet had ended the guy with the LF-A offered a few people a ride in the car. Since I was with my 4 year old son, I could not go for a spin since it's only a 2 seater :frown:

BTW, not sure if you guys noticed or not, but after the meet had ended the guy with the LF-A offered a few people a ride in the car

Yeah, I noticed...but it looked like he was only driving people around the parking lot. I certainly didn't hear him revving the engine to the redline during those rides.

Last edited:
For those interested, Palos Verdes will also be hosting the annual Concours D' Elegance this Sunday Sept. 18th at the Trump National golf course.

http://www.pvconcours.org/

The last time I went to this event was way back when the NSXPrime members received complimentary admission and parking within the show area. Unfortunately tickets are $40 at the gate, but I do recall it was a very good show back then.

Steve

I've seen that LFA in person on the 405... He & I chatted for a few seconds while sitting in traffic. Really nice guy! Didn't catch his name though... But damn that car is soooo sick! :eek:

77.jpg

And does this car really do 60MPG!?

Last edited:
Back