• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Colors?

r71

Contributing Member
Why do people give names to colors? Formula red, GPW? Is there any other red, white, blue, yellow these cars come in? Why not just say the red one or the white one? I say this because people call me all the time and ask about colors and they always put a name to it thinking it's some special colors when it's not. We just punch in the code and mix it. Just wondering cause I'm new to the NSX world.

The answers to your questions can be found here (along with the Paint Codes):
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Colors

Just to clarify though. For the NSX there are multiple Reds (Formula Red, "New" Formula Red, and Monza Red), multiple Yellows (Rio Yellow & Spa Yellow), multiple Blues (Monte Carlo & Monaco), multiple Silvers (Silverstone & Sebring), and multiple Whites (Grand Prix & Platinum White Pearl).

Sounds like you work for a paint supplier.

Some of the colors are pearl so you can't just mix a single step paint because they are two step (base coat/tinted clear). I know one of the reds, one of the blues and and one white are that way and i think the orange, one of the yellows and a black are too.

Mike

The answers to your questions can be found here (along with the Paint Codes):
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Colors

Just to clarify though. For the NSX there are multiple Reds (Formula Red, "New" Formula Red, and Monza Red), multiple Yellows (Rio Yellow & Spa Yellow), multiple Blues (Monte Carlo & Monaco), multiple Silvers (Silverstone & Sebring), and multiple Whites (Grand Prix & Platinum White Pearl).

Ahhhhh~ That make sense.

Thx Adrian... -QD :smile:

New to the NSX world????????

you joined in 2004? that a long time ago.

dont forget

LBBP long beach blue pearl,

Berlina

Woodlands green

Silverstone

Last edited:
Why do people give names to colors? Formula red, GPW? Is there any other red, white, blue, yellow these cars come in? Why not just say the red one or the white one? I say this because people call me all the time and ask about colors and they always put a name to it thinking it's some special colors when it's not. We just punch in the code and mix it. Just wondering cause I'm new to the NSX world.

Were there any other blacks besides berlina black? That is the specific name that I see mentioned most. If not then just black should work.

Why do people give names to colors?
Just wondering cause I'm new to the NSX world.
People don't give names to colors. The car manufacturers do. And it's true for all manufacturers, all cars, not just the NSX, and has been true for many years. I bought my first car forty years ago, and I still remember the name that the folks at Pontiac gave the color.

Were there any other blacks besides berlina black? That is the specific name that I see mentioned most. If not then just black should work.
only one black ...berlina

Gotta say Berlina has a ring to it, any history there?

If you are asking why Honda decided to call thier black berlina..i have no idea:confused:

Back