• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coming Soon NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Tanks

SCW Performance NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Tanks (Info)
I was directed this way by several members about producing a limited run of our Aluminum Coolant Tanks for the NSX. We have the ability to produce these with exceptional quality and reasonable pricing compared to other companies out there. As I mentioned before in another thread, the tanks that we already produce are extremely high quality, factory-fit, and this one is designed specifically for the NSX with a warranty to back it up. This posting will serve as a "Pre-Group Buy" Informative thread that we will be updating with photos of the final design and testing.

Below are tanks pictured we have already produced, and still produce. You can see the quality of our design, craftsmanship, and finish options.

As for pricing concerns, I have no firm numbers but just know our goal is to provide the NSX community excellently priced, affordable parts, while maintaing a high degree of show quality. I can say that in order to produce a specific tank for the NSX we will need to meet a minimum quantity to recover initial material costs, development time, etc. (maybe 15-20 units min.) Initial quotes I have with our design is in the $350-400 ball park depending on finishes / color etc.

Our NSX GT Coolant Tank will include some nice features:
- Full 1/8" Aluminum TIG Construction / laser-cut & press formed
- Billet Machined Fittings (no cheap tube or brass fittings)
- Integrated Internal Baffle (to prevent slosh & air bubbles)
- Integrated sight-glass (so you can view the fluid level easily)
- Modern Design & Look
- Plug & Play installation (simplified)
- Offered in a variety of finishes - Anodized Clear / Hard Anodized Black *& Powdercoating

* If you are interested in participating in a future Group Buy, please post your username in a "list" fashion.
* Update 11/30/12 New Installed Pics!! This tank fits beautifully and looks amazing installed. ;)

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

(Below is a photo gallery of some of our recent project tanks - Nissan GTR / Honda S2000 / Honda Civic Si / Integra)

yhst-39961695802916_2237_1259681965

yhst-39961695802916_2237_1258303182

yhst-39961695802916_2237_1255725493

yhst-39961695802916_2237_1257073298

yhst-39961695802916_2237_1273451459

yhst-39961695802916_2237_1270983209

Last edited:
Re: Coming Soon! NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Tanks

When will they be available and at what price ?

Put me on the list
Sleek
silver finish

I guess I'll start the list.

1. Sleek - silver finish
2. Joboy77 - Black finish

1. Sleek - silver finish
2. Joboy77 - Black finish
3. audax - black

Any chance on getting these in wrinkle red???

Any chance on getting these in wrinkle red???

Yes we can finish in a variety of Powder-Coat finishes at an additional charge - I'd say maybe around $30-40 per color (Wrinkle Red / Wrinkle Black / Gloss Black / Matte Black) - Our Local coaters typically allow 2-3 business day turnaround. The wrinkle red they have is practically the same as the NA2 valve covers.

1. Sleek - Silver Anodized finish
2. Joboy77 - Black Anodized finish
3. audax - Black Anodized finish
4. jrnsx - ?

Last edited:

any idea of what it might look like?

4. jrnsx - ?
5. Alas-NSX - Silver Anodized finish

Last edited:

** Pics moved to page 2) **

The list is going pretty quick, we will probably be moving this to a GB thread once we have final testing completed on the tanks here in the next few days. I hope to have some more photos soon of the welded tanks. Stay tuned!

4. jrnsx - ?
6. V.LATS97nsx - Silver Anodized finish

Attachments

• photo-93.jpg
    photo-93.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

Hi,

i'm interested but i have some questions:

- will the sight tube and his joints be resistant to heat and
leaks (due to pressure) through time?

- Aluminium welds can get weak over time and crack due to
heat/pressure cycles (seen in the past here). Is there a design
feature that take this in mind?

- Is the interior design as the OEM one?? (baffle)

- when do you think you can ship the first batch?

Thanks,
Nuno

We use press-fit fittings that thread into our CNC Machined Billet fittings (which are welded internally) so this should not be a problem. If a leak was to occur at the fitting, it can easily be replaced quickly with another but I have only had 1 case of a bad fitting in 5 years and the customer's fitting was a defective one (which we exchanged at no cost). Our fittings are re-useable, and good from 200-300psi working pressure (which is more than this tank will likely ever see).
With each purchase, we will include 1 extra tube for the sight glass (no charge). As far as the welding goes, I think a majority of failures can be linked to poor penetration of the weld / improper material preparation etc. or not using adequate materials for the job. Our tanks are constructed using high quality, thick, material. This tank in particular is thicker than some of the other tanks we have produced in the past, I'll note, our S2000 tanks have not had 1 single issue (and they are slightly thinner than this NSX GT tank) and I know many of those customers who frequent the race track in 500+HP turbocharged s2000's. Keep in mind, we are trying to keep the costs affordable on this item, so as many different ways to approach the design and construction I don't know many NSX owners that would spend $700+ for a coolant tank design. We want to keep the product economical, high quality, and effective.

Last edited:

4. jrnsx - ?
7. sophis - Black Anodized finish

I spent $500 on my coolant tank. I think many owners would rather spend more money for a better quality product than something happening and having to do engine work later because of it. Not saying mine will ever NOT crack but just saying that over engineering something like a coolant tank wouldn't be a bad thing.

count me in for either wrinkle red/black

Looking for internals info as well. Any cutaway pics like Dalis? If none, diagrams/drawings are fine, for now. Thats great you kept the tube design!

Our tank will have an Internal Baffle, as well as bracing so that it can withstand more stress. (Sorry, I have no photo of this at this time).

I think that by adding the brace inside it will help reduce any chance of the tank deforming, or stressing the welds during hard use.

4. jrnsx - ?
7. sophis - Black Anodized finish
8. ALwAyS4SaLe - Black or Red Wrinkle Powdercoat (both are available)

Last edited:

You showed different color coolant caps in your pictures, will there be an option for a color or design. Personally the sos cap is very good. Any ideas while in production?

Our tank will utilize the factory style radiator cap flange, so you can use any aftermarket radiator cap such as HKS, Spoon Sports, Cusco, Mugen, Feel's, Greddy, NRG, Mishimoto, Apexi, VMS, Skunk2 Racing etc...AS WELL AS YOUR OEM Honda Cap.

We can supply any and all of these radiator caps for additional charge. (Its the type of cap that has the spring on the bottom)

Apexi GT radiator cap
yhst-39961695802916_2237_1645502824

J's Racing Radiator Cap
yhst-39961695802916_2237_1236881478

Skunk2 Racing Cap
yhst-39961695802916_2237_976015650

Greddy Radiator Cap
yhst-39961695802916_2237_1646160677

You'll have to PM me for the combined price with any of the caps listed on our website. We normally stock the Greddy, HKS, Skunk2 Racing, Apexi GT, Cusco, VMS caps in our shop.

Last edited:

Hi,

thanks for the tech answers :wink:

now you only need to answer:
- when do you think you can ship the first batch?

the timming is important for me so i can plan my spendings.

Thanks,
Nuno

As long as there are no major changes in our design or direction, and we have enough interested parties then production could commence immediately and the tanks could be shipping in as early as 1-2 weeks.

Coming Soon! NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Tanks

I will take one in black wrinkle powdercoat or polished silver pending final design details/pricing, please add me to the list. Please make it available without any identification as well! Will the polished look similar to the silver strip in the valve covers or will that require painting you think? Trying to color coordinate here if not black...

I'd suggest black as the silver on the valve cover is painted on plastic, my 00' it's more of a dark gray color..you could always paint the plastics on the valve cover the same finish as what you choose for the coolant tank.

Back