• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Connecticut school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad. Thoughts and prayers for all the families. I can't imagine what those poor people are going through.

I don't know what to say.....there is nothing that can console the grieving...only thing we can do is have metal detectors /security in all schools/malls....

speechless.................. :sorrow:

Just horrible. I cant imagine the horror of getting a call that something like this has happened at your kids school and not knowing if it's yours.

So how do we protect the children? Metal detectors at every school?? Allow teachers to carry guns?

I just saw this article on MSN...was speechless and in shock. Condolences to all of the friends and families involved!

Just heard of it here in London. Just lit a candle at St Stephens on walk home. This is horrifying news. Hope the media reports this responsibly.

This is probably one of the worst things that can ever happen, and it's happened before at religous schools. I can't even imagine what the families and friends of those victims are going through at this time. It's too bad the shooter is dead. I'm sure a slow painful death would be too good for him.

I don't know the solution to preventing something like this happening. However, it's way too easy for scumbags to target schools because they know there will be little opposition to them because of the laws that protect the children and teachers who work at the schools. :mad:

Just horrible. I cant imagine the horror of getting a call that something like this has happened at your kids school and not knowing if it's yours.

So how do we protect the children? Metal detectors at every school?? Allow teachers to carry guns?

stricter gun control is a better solution.

We live in a twisted messed up world. I don't know of anything more inherently evil than what just happened.

Kids. They're just kids.

From what I read his plan was to kill his mom who just happened to be a kindergarten teacher. If she had worked in an office building there would be 27 adults dead. No logic to insanity. It is sickening and hard to even think about, what a tragedy

My condolences to all the families of those who were lost. I wonder what was the reason for this shooting. Maybe just another crazy person. Just a shame.

What a tragedy. I have two young children, and my heart broke when hearing the news.
My condolences to the families of the victims.

From what I read his plan was to kill his mom who just happened to be a kindergarten teacher. If she had worked in an office building there would be 27 adults dead. No logic to insanity. It is sickening and hard to even think about, what a tragedy

:frown::frown: if that was his plan, the POS should have waited til she got home. why kill innocent adults and the poor children?? just sickening.

Seems more of this is happening lately than ever before. I'm getting less worried about terrorist's and more worried about
local residents.

Clearly, if those students had taken advantage of their constitutional rights, as specified in the Second Amendment, and had sidearms, they would have been able to defend themselves.
Let the call go out across this great country of ours, with the help of the NRA, to lower the age when one can have a carry permit so that this tragedy won't be repeated.

Clearly, if those students had taken advantage of their constitutional rights, as specified in the Second Amendment, and had sidearms, they would have been able to defend themselves.
Let the call go out across this great country of ours, with the help of the NRA, to lower the age when one can have a carry permit so that this tragedy won't be repeated.

Really? You think elementary school kids should carry guns now?:rolleyes:

It makes me sick that some people like to .politicize these tragic events. Is it NOT correct to say that SOME people can't wait for such events to happen so they could further their agenda and point on gun control. Washington dc area has gun control and they have one of the highest crime rate in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back