• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Console trim (bezel) refinishing

i have learned there is a lotof NSX knowledge out there, so here goes. My console trim has some discoloration and I want to restore it. Does anyone out there know the proper way as well as the correct color to repaint or restore the OEM console trim? Thanks.

No one has replied? I am also looking to re finish my console but I don't want it to look like paint. I might try an auto restoration shop. Those guys are pretty good at matching finishes.

From ACURA the '94 cost to replace is $1,600. the'02+ is $1,100. Just cant see paying that much for them. They're not broken no need for replacement.

There is more info. Try the search. I didn't find the finish I want ,but...

Here's one thread but it still looks like paint.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35975

Good luck. If you find a good looking solution please post it.

-DREW-

I just had the console, door switch panels, upper vent, and ashtray door refinished at a local, very expert shop. The owner used to do NSX high end electronics installs. Now he does high end, total rebuilds, retorations, and modding on an array of cars. I love to go and check out his project cars because they could be anything and are beautifully done.
My trim pieces were blistering. He stripped the metal wrap off all of the parts and painted them so well that it takes a very schooled eye to notice that the color is ever so slightly darker.
I am sure that he would do them for any NSX owner, and his price was very, very reasonable. PM me for details if you are interested.

This appears to be a duplicate thread. The other thread here has some other responses.

Last edited:
Back