• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Consumer Guides NSX Pricing waayyyy off

Haggerty, which updates its pricing based on what cars are actually selling for, just pushed the values up for all years of NSX prices in their August update. 1991's particularly have increased close to 8% since July.

Buyers using this review are in for a rude awakening when they try finding cars at anything like those kind of prices.

I didn't put my emotion into Gen 1, it's an old car, and it's not rare in Bay Area. Over priced? sometimes I asked myself what other cars can I get with $75K that is MR and aluminum chassis?

I don't think that you had a 93' before. Do you have any photos and VIN to show us?

LMFAO. First off. Do not call anyone out. It is really insulting. IMHO. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Add me on Facebook. Under Anthony Aguinaldo. Go to my albums under "just living" You will find your proof there. I have attached a picture per your request. Sorry, I don't remember the VIN number. But have added some references for you since everyone is a liar in your eyes. Please PM if you would like to call them to verify if I have owned an NSX.

References:

Michael Aguinaldo MD
Chris Cox MD
Dan Imoto MD
Dee Nacion
Rich Narne
Paul Daniels
Etc...

Vehicles I have owned:
1st 1991 Honda Civic SI Hatchback Parents bought for me in high school
2nd 1990 Nissan 300ZX Bought from my brother
3rd 2002 BMW 318IS Bought from used car dealer in Buena Park
4th 1993 Acura NSX Bought from DC motors in Anaheim Hills
5th 2003 Infiniti G35 Bought from Infiniti of Cerritos
6th 2001 Suzuki GSXR Bought from Bert's mega mall
7th 2005 Yahmaha R-1 Raven Bought from a friend
8th 2006 Range Rover HSE Bought from Mitsubishi of Anaheim for my GF
9th Pending 2015 Acura NSX 2.0

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....123595635380.216190.673950380&type=3&theater

Attachments

• 2296_123597350380_2737_n.jpg
    2296_123597350380_2737_n.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 48
Some guy pulled out his smart phone in June and checked some book price, to see what my NSX would be worth... he told me it came up $38k to $39k for a pristine 91, which he said mine was... (that was kind of him...)

I should have asked the source.. and asked if he was a car dealer or something... He had his 911 (he is part of the Porche Club of America) and his 68 Saab S4 with him. But I didn't and I haven't seen him since.

He used NADA:

http://www.nadaguides.com/classic-cars/1991/acura/nsx/2-door-coupe/values

LMFAO. First off. Do not call anyone out. It is really insulting. IMHO. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Add me on Facebook. Under Anthony Aguinaldo. Go to my albums under "just living" You will find your proof there. I have attached a picture per your request. Sorry, I don't remember the VIN number. But have added some references for you since everyone is a liar in your eyes. Please PM if you would like to call them to verify if I have owned an NSX.

References:

Michael Aguinaldo MD
Chris Cox MD
Dan Imoto MD
Dee Nacion
Rich Narne
Paul Daniels
Etc...

Vehicles I have owned:
1st 1991 Honda Civic SI Hatchback Parents bought for me in high school
2nd 1990 Nissan 300ZX Bought from my brother
3rd 2002 BMW 318IS Bought from used car dealer in Buena Park
4th 1993 Acura NSX Bought from DC motors in Anaheim Hills
5th 2003 Infiniti G35 Bought from Infiniti of Cerritos
6th 2001 Suzuki GSXR Bought from Bert's mega mall
7th 2005 Yahmaha R-1 Raven Bought from a friend
8th 2006 Range Rover HSE Bought from Mitsubishi of Anaheim for my GF
9th Pending 2015 Acura NSX 2.0

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....123595635380.216190.673950380&type=3&theater

Yes, you are right; everyone has a right to their opinion. So my opinion is that only you are a liar in my eyes. Since all your vehicles are cheap, no wonder NSX is overpriced to you. I believed you had a 93’ before, was your ownership around 1 month or 2 months? I noticed that you like to make assumptions…… keep those love parade words to yourself.

Yes, you are right; everyone has a right to their opinion. So my opinion is that only you are a liar in my eyes. Since all your vehicles are cheap, no wonder NSX is overpriced to you. I believed you had a 93’ before, was your ownership around 1 month or 2 months? I noticed that you like to make assumptions…… keep those love parade words to yourself.

You are correct. Yes, only 1 to 2 months ownership and all my cars a cheap. I am a liar. LOL. You crack me up Wesley.

Assumptions...assumptions. Practice what you preach. You must be the richest guy here on Prime since you consider all my cars are cheap. Oh fuck, an assumption. Sorry Wesley.

I was in college and working full time when I purchased my NSX. It was my dream car and that dream faded after 3 years of ownership. Yeah, it was a mistake on my part in selling it. Can you say you had an NSX in college? You might have. Since you are so rich. Damn, another assumption. Sorry

You don't have to be rich to own an NSX. You don't think the NSX was ever over priced? Do you still think an 05' is worth 75K? You might, I don't. The original NSX was priced at MSRP: $60,600 (including $600 transportation charge) when it debut in late summer of 1990. So keep dreaming while your car is depreciating.

Long live the NSX!

I usually look at the market wich is greatly affected by the economy and popularity/trends, supply and demand; The NSX is rare (low supply,under 10k registered in the US), super cool (popular/trendy among car guys or should I say humans), and every one wants one (high demand). And we own them and love them and take care of them, there fore we pretty much dictate their price as I don't see them being sold for those price range; Now based on car depreciation maybe that is where they should be, but it is not due to the facts stated above.
We love and appreciate(not depreciate) our'e cars.
Oh I almost forgot to factor in the current economy: bad and has had an impact on luxuries across the board (boats, exotics, etc.) and has affected the prices on our cars but the ones on the guide are still not realistic to the current market.:smile:
I feel bad for the consumer that will base his purchasing price on this guide just to be disapointed and wish sellers would use this guide so I can buy a second NSX.:biggrin:

Last edited:
You are correct. Yes, only 1 to 2 months ownership and all my cars a cheap. I am a liar. LOL. You crack me up Wesley.

Assumptions...assumptions. Practice what you preach. You must be the richest guy here on Prime since you consider all my cars are cheap. Oh fuck, an assumption. Sorry Wesley.

I was in college and working full time when I purchased my NSX. It was my dream car and that dream faded after 3 years of ownership. Yeah, it was a mistake on my part in selling it. Can you say you had an NSX in college? You might have. Since you are so rich. Damn, another assumption. Sorry

You don't have to be rich to own an NSX. You don't think the NSX was ever over priced? Do you still think an 05' is worth 75K? You might, I don't. The original NSX was priced at MSRP: $60,600 (including $600 transportation charge) when it debut in late summer of 1990. So keep dreaming while your car is depreciating.

Long live the NSX!

That $75K is a value saying that to find a MR + aluminum chassis car, or should I state $35K for that kind of set-up?

To be honest with you, I don’t care if my car depreciating or not, because I’ll keep it not making money from it. I live and work in Silicon Valley and there are lots of CEOs here, in comparison, I am just another poor little beggar who keeps printing the cash for them. I have never thought that I am a rich dude ever :smile:

I still don’t get it why you said that Gen I is overpriced? Is R35 GTR overpriced to you as well? Many members thought that NSX is a bargain. I remembered one thread is about 50K track car beat 500K track car, come on, NSX is not overpriced. It keeps telling me that you have never owned NSX plus your join date, otherwise you would know what are the strength about NSX. The funny thing to me is that you think that Gen I is overpriced but you are pending in 2015 Gen II.

It looks like you are waiting for Gen II, the price could be around $130K, and is it overpriced to you?

Would like to hear your overpriced story on your 93’ from your insurance sales point of view. (You should be able to pull out your VIN in seconds) (URL is not working plus there are too many Anthony Aguinaldo)

By the way, I didn’t have NSX when I was in college, but I had other cars instead.

"Is R35 GTR overpriced to you as well?"

Yup, but you can get them for around 60K now. GTR is functionally beautiful. Look wise, ugly as hell.

"It keeps telling me that you have never owned NSX plus your join date, otherwise you would know what are the strength about NSX."

Assumptions are getting the best of you. Join date doesn't mean anything. Check out my old profile "MRNSX"

"It looks like you are waiting for Gen II, the price could be around $130K, and is it overpriced to you? "

Yup. There is no official pricing yet. Our beloved NSX 2.0 is not in the same category as Lamborghini or Ferrari IMHO. 130K would be over priced IMHO. don't you think? 90K would be fair price. 85K would be great. I wouldn't buy it brand new because of the market will drive the price up to 150K plus. I would wait for 2 years then get it. Jay Leno will have the first.

Last edited:
"Is R35 GTR overpriced to you as well?"

Yup, but you can get them for around 60K now. GTR is functionally beautiful. Look wise, ugly as hell.

"It keeps telling me that you have never owned NSX plus your join date, otherwise you would know what are the strength about NSX."

Assumptions are getting the best of you. Join date doesn't mean anything. Check out my old profile "MRNSX"

"It looks like you are waiting for Gen II, the price could be around $130K, and is it overpriced to you? "

Yup. There is no official pricing yet. Our beloved NSX 2.0 is not in the same category as Lamborghini or Ferrari IMHO. 130K would be over priced IMHO. don't you think? 90K would be fair price. 85K would be great. I wouldn't buy it brand new because of the market will drive the price up to 150K plus. I would wait for 2 years then get it. Jay Leno will have the first.

At year 2000, C32 was around 84K. Because of the econ and US dollars, nowadays 130K is similar as 84K back then. Check out the price of Rolex, it also climbing like that. I bought an Explorer I at 2001 for 28 hundreds brand new at shop, but now it’s selling around 41 hundreds. To me the coming Gen II is in the same price league as Gen I before. Like you said NSX 2.0 is not in the same category as Lamborghini or Ferrari IMHO,
by the performance, so it’s not overpriced right?
It seems that you carry less assumption now, got VIN yet?

That $75K is a value saying that to find a MR + aluminum chassis car, or should I state $35K for that kind of set-up?

To be honest with you, I don’t care if my car depreciating or not, because I’ll keep it not making money from it. I live and work in Silicon Valley and there are lots of CEOs here, in comparison, I am just another poor little beggar who keeps printing the cash for them. I have never thought that I am a rich dude ever :smile:

I still don’t get it why you said that Gen I is overpriced? Is R35 GTR overpriced to you as well? Many members thought that NSX is a bargain. I remembered one thread is about 50K track car beat 500K track car, come on, NSX is not overpriced. It keeps telling me that you have never owned NSX plus your join date, otherwise you would know what are the strength about NSX. The funny thing to me is that you think that Gen I is overpriced but you are pending in 2015 Gen II.

It looks like you are waiting for Gen II, the price could be around $130K, and is it overpriced to you?

Would like to hear your overpriced story on your 93’ from your insurance sales point of view. (You should be able to pull out your VIN in seconds) (URL is not working plus there are too many Anthony Aguinaldo)

By the way, I didn’t have NSX when I was in college, but I had other cars instead.

Original join date 04-13-2003
About MRNSX
NSX Details
1993 BLACK NSX W/ 18X8.5/19X10 RACING HART C-2 HKS EXHAUST AND AIR FILTER---SOLD!!!! WAITING FOR THE NEXT-GEN NSX(HSC at the time)...HOPEFULLY

Your join date 08-03-2010. So you only been a fan for 2 years.

Been on this site longer than you, Mr. Band-wagoner. LOL

Original join date 04-13-2003
About MRNSX
NSX Details
1993 BLACK NSX W/ 18X8.5/19X10 RACING HART C-2 HKS EXHAUST AND AIR FILTER---SOLD!!!! WAITING FOR THE NEXT-GEN NSX(HSC at the time)...HOPEFULLY

Your join date 08-03-2010. So you only been a fan for 2 years.

Been on this site longer than you, Mr. Band-wagoner. LOL

haha you are from Chino, no wonder you GS and never owned NSX before. check out what you said in #35, "Join date doesn't mean anything" , and now does matter again :) fan and owner are two different things. Bye liar Anthony Aguinaldo, you GS. Show us your VIN..........and change you name as Mr. NSX-Fan-Boy.

Last edited:
Let me ramble on this for a minute or two:

On any given day there will be 12~15 NSXs for sale on E-bay, which is to say about two of them are added to the list and about two of them fall off the list every day. If you watch the cars for sale there for just a couple of months you will be able to tell with some certainty what a car will sell for ... and at what price it won't sell. Just as a personal observation it is pretty clear to see that a lot more of them don't sell than do and that happens two ways that tell us something about pricing. First a car may get bids but not reach a reserve. This is a classical case of the seller being a lot more proud of his car than the world is desirous of it. In the second case the car just doesn't get any bids at all, which tells you that the seller is asking too much in the first place.

Just keep in mind, there is no freer market than a public auction. So if you want to know what a '95 Targa is worth just go back a couple of months and see what they sold for. See what the particulars about the car were; how many miles, what color, which transmission/engine, what was the condition. Where was the car located? I see lots and lots of cars in northern and southern California (and dam few in the middle) and in general they are notably higher priced than cars in the east.

Though both usually carry pretty hefty price tags to start with (opening bid price) heavily modified cars don't seem to sell, cars with a well documented maintenance history do - big surprise there.

If you wanted to you could calculate the premium people pay for garage queens from the final sales prices of them relative to higher milage cars and that might give you some special insight. And then there is the question of branded titles, the "Salvage" and "Flood Damage" vehicles. Most sellers reveal the state of the titles in their initial listings, and the statement nearly always includes that it that they just hit a deer or were just going 10 mph, or it was just a small tree limb, and that the most respected bodyman on earth did the work and "really it was nothing but you know how insurance companies are". You see every excuse in the world when a salvage title is involved and I don't think I've ever seen a car with one sell for more than the mid twenties, and usually less.

So what is the price range for the cars? What sells for how much? This is just general and keep in mind that I'm looking for a $25~30k car so those are the ones I'm familiar with. Here is how it looks to me. An early, up to about '95 or so, salvage titled car that looks pretty and drives straight will sell for about $18k. Clear titled cars in the same age range with moderate milage on them, let us say 60~75,000 miles, will sell in the mid-twenties and the newer they get the higher they go; $30 grand should net you a very pretty '95 if you keep your eyes open and are willing to travel. I don't really pay much attention to cars that are newer than that or much more expensive than that just because they are out of my ballpark - that's because there is no question that I am not the richest guy on the website by anyone's standards. They seem to go up in price gradually to about $50 grand or so but then there will aways be one or two of the last models with very few miles on them and they will carry hefty price tags. But even then its a rare day when the asking price for the car is over $75, and that would be for something like an '05 with 5,000 miles on it, kept in an air-conditioned garage with its own butler. Where else are you going to get a supercar for that kind of money? Easy answer, nowhere. And for the rest of us underlings with just half that much money can still buy essentially the same car and enjoy it out on the roads.

And in the end that is the thing about the NSX, there really isn't anything to compare it to that can be had for anything like a modest price. Keep in mind the NSX is a luxury car. We all, or all of us here, know its a beautiful car and the crowds they draw when they so much as slow down are legendary; if one of these things is nearby you just gotta walk up and take a look. They are an engineering marvel of suspension and drivetrain. They offer not a compromised mix of performance and creature comforts they offer in the NSX, its always the best. So my wife and I can take it out for a sunday drive in the mountains and enjoy its performance and then bring it back to town that evening for a nice dinner for the two of us and the satisfaction of seeing the car's looks appreciated by others. And then be able to stop at the grocery store on the way home to pick up tomorrow night's dinner. What other car on earth can you buy for thirty grand that even begins to approach an NSX for that sort of driving day? And then there is the daily driving part of the daily driving. There is just no reason not to. The car won't rust away on you and I've never seen a Honda in my life that milage hurt - the cars are stunningly reliable.

And there it is, eighteen to seventy five grand with both of those being extreme prices, but over a 15 year lifespan the cars can be had for between twenty five and fifty thousand dollars, $25~50 for an all-around supercar - how on earth can you beat that?

Oh, I should have said this at the beginning. I don't own an NSX though I would like to. The only thing that is stopping me from buying one immediately are medical issues.

Decent condition older NSX prices will probably not go any lower than they are now, even if it were solely due to rising inflation.

'91 $12,500 - $13,500 "good condition", is laughable. I would think that's what you see a Type R Integra go for. If they were really going for that price, I'd be buying them up like a firesale of girlscout cookies.

I did receive another follow up email from the guy who admitted that after checking a few sources, the numbers were quite a bit off even after taking into account different zip codes. He wasn't quite sure why they were so off but will make sure they double check the independent person that submits the prices from now on.

Haggerty, which updates its pricing based on what cars are actually selling for, just pushed the values up for all years of NSX prices in their August update. 1991's particularly have increased close to 8% since July.

Hagerty chart for 1991

FWIW all the charts show an uptick this year, but particular for condition 1 and 2 (i.e. garage queen/glass case collector's cars)

I sure hope Virginia Tax Department starts using this guy's estimates for Personal Property Tax valuations, instead of NADA. I'm gonna take it up the exhaust pipe next year.

the independent person that submits the prices
I decided to do a little background checking and tracked down the independent person that they used to determine the vehicle values. Here is a photo of him hard at work evaluating vehicles:

5411516-children-playing-with-cars-toys-outdoor-in-summer-time.jpg

The price just don't matter to me anymore. I don't care what people say about the NSX. All I can say is having experience of driving one is priceless and no money can buy. Just imagine the feeling of driving a car that was built for Ayrton Senna! PRICELESS!!! Would I sell my car, trade for another one, and be parted from that feeling? Hell NO! I will keep my car and buy a different one. The NSX is a rare gem!

Back