• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cool lugnuts for OEM wheels

I called to but a set of open end kics R40 lugnuts for my OEM wheels but they don't make them with the rounded bottoms. Does anyone know of good open end lugnuts I can use on OEM wheels with extended ARP bolts? The stock ones are just too short now to let the wheel properly tighten. I was hoping for something other than chrome. Black or a titanium finish. Love the kics but they only come with the conical ends.

Project_Kics_R40_NEO_Chrono_Honda.jpg

Does anyone know of good open end lugnuts I can use on OEM wheels with extended ARP bolts?
Various Honda/Acura vehicles used open-end lugnuts with a ball-shaped seating area, and they're still available from any Acura or Honda car dealer. Ask for part number 90381-SV1-901.

Various Honda/Acura vehicles used open-end lugnuts with a ball-shaped seating area, and they're still available from any Acura or Honda car dealer. Ask for part number 90381-SV1-901.
Thanks Ken. I'd like to get a set of chrome wheel locks for my NSXs, but apparently they're discontinued. I have some wheel locks left over from my 91, but they're black though. :frown:

Awesome. Thanks!

Thanks Ken. I'd like to get a set of chrome wheel locks for my NSXs, but apparently they're discontinued.
Honda/Acura chrome lug nuts are the same on most of their cars, so you can get a set of wheel locks for almost any Honda/Acura car and it will work on the NSX with stock wheels.

Last edited:
I really don't. I want black. I have searched a lot on the net today with no results. :frown:

Honda/Acura lug nuts are the same on most of their cars (chrome), so you can get a set of wheel locks for almost any Honda/Acura car and it will work on the NSX with stock wheels.

Will look into this. Thanks again Ken! :)

I really don't. I want black. I have searched a lot on the net today with no results. :frown:

in my searching for OEM wheel lug nuts... SPOON used to make some, but no longer... i found guys that made adapters so you can use aftermarket lug nuts, but that is just questionable to me...

i have no experience with these guys, but they have em... http://www.brandsport.com/excl-98-0034.html

You can get ball-seat lug nuts. You can get colored lug nuts. You can get open-ended lug nuts. But you may not be able to get colored open-ended ball-seat lug nuts.

Remember, though, the ball seat and open ends are functional. The color is just aesthetic. And it's one of those things where, if you point out the color of the lug nuts to your friends, 99 percent of them will roll their eyes at the triviality (mentally, at least).

I guess they don't have to be open ends. I need to measure and see if I can fit a closed end nut if it's deep enough. But I think open ones with gold ARP's peeking through look cool.

Do you realize they are in the UK?

I really would like to find either black to match my calipers, or some sort of satin or titanium finish.

you never bought stuff from overseas? its not a big deal, really. black i showed you in the other link. gunmetal SPOON lugnuts are the OEM fitment, try contacting them directly. one shop that used to make them went out of business. unless someone else decides to produce them, you are SOL.

Summit Racing (Stores and online) carry the chrome wheel lock lug nuts with the ball ends for our cars for about $20/ set.

Back