• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cool V1 Remote Display Location (From the M5 site)

That's pretty nice...but have you seen the V1 that is integrated into the mirror -- arrows and all! I think I have a picture of that somewhere. I'll try to dig it up. Now THAT is cool.

Regards.

I have seen it, but the guy who is doing it has stopped since there is too much demand and he was just doing it for fun. The other thing is I don't want the bad-CHP to see that I have radar if I do get pulled over. It does not give a nice impression :)

I will probably be lazy and leave mine where it is. Just wanted to share.

I ran power from the dome light. It was constant power if I remember correctly so I had to turn it off using the knob.

After I installed the remote display I used switched power at the fuse box since I had to run the phone wire from the V1 to the remote display anyway.

HTH

I've got the InV1Si installed on my NSX

Hey--

I've got an InV1Si installed in my NSX, with the V1 mounted on a rear shelf between the two seats under a fake third brake-light looking box. Its great to have a clear windshield and no cables milling around!

All in all, its a great little trick. The LEDs are a little dim in full daylight, but other than that, it works great. I had to mount a power-switch in it so I could turn it off.

Did you say that Jim stopped doing the mods? Bummer, it was a killer mod.....

Any questions about it?

That is what I heard, he had backorder on the modification and was not accepting any new order. He may very well still have his operation up,.... it was just my understanding that it was taking too much of his time.

Do you know what I should do if my V1 clear rubber suction cup does not stick anymore? I just bought it for a few months. thanks.

you don't want that V1 falling of the windshield..... that is an expensive gadget to drop! It is worth every penny though, and has paid for itself twice over by saving me from lots of tickets.

BTW, I have a V1 mount for a 91 from Dali Racing that came with no instructions. Anyone have one of these and some tips on how to install it? Thanks,

Jason

SmittyCat said:

BTW, I have a V1 mount for a 91 from Dali Racing that came with no instructions. Anyone have one of these and some tips on how to install it? Thanks,

Jason
The install template for the NSX coupe V1 install is here (pdf) , and the install for the NSX-T V1 mount is here

thanks, but that doesn't really tell me a whole lot..... where are the 1" sheet metal screws and how do they screw into the flat slab that Dali Racing called the V1 mount?

Back