• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coolant leak under the throttle body

Hello Prime,

I just took delivery of an NSX on Sunday. Haven't really driven it besides within the neighborhood, No tags/registration yet. Everything about the car is perfect. But last night when I moved the car out the garage I noticed a small puddle of coolant. I checked the engine and front radiator and the only thing I see that that might caused it is an small hose that's left uncapped and appears to be wet.
2b235652b1b5e48ed16229fd0f8f68e7.jpg

I checked the service manual for pictures and it shows the same uncapped hose
300722c18389557c3ca69755b7ea3c12.jpg

Is there a reason why it's leaking?

And here's a picture of the car when I took delivery [emoji3]
c9a7090139dc095a9eb7f65a46a7fe8b.jpg

Best thing to do is pressure test the coolant system. Confirm leak location, repair. What was the amount of coolant?

Confirm year, is this the 1992 "coming soon";).. I ask because the TB changed a lot over the years.

Last edited:
My mazda has one of those... It's to prevent teh throttle body from getting stuck in winter months, however people in warmer climates may not need it. I wonder why yours is chopped off though?

Yes this is a 92 .. But I looked at the service manual pictures and it shows the same hose being open like mine.

So far, there hasn't been any sign of leaking. Hopefully that was because of the transport/ change in elevation and temperature(Canada to FL). But I'll still have a tech do a full check up on the car.

Back