• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cooling fan issue.

The car is overheating when sitting still. i started with the usual suspects and ruled out coolant problems. i noticed the fan isn't coming on. the relays look ok but i dont have the equiptment to check them. i tested the fan motor and it works fine. my test light took a dump b4 i had a chance to check for power to the fan while it is running so i still need to check that.

my question is: What else could cause this problem? What else do i need to check to narrow the search for the problem down?:confused:

Make sure that you have beld the system properly. Do every step carefully. It is not uncommon for a air buble to create that blocks the coolant from ever getting to the temp or fan resistors.

Don't overheat the engine. I'd take it to a good shop personally and watch them diagnose it....

If by overheat you mean you hit the red, your engine is likely toast......

Be very careful of overheating these engines! Taking the car to a good radiator shop and having it pressure tested is a good inexspensive idea. Make sure the coolant reservior cap on tight. There are several coolant bleed valves on the system to remove air and as the above post recommends - opening them in order is important! Good Luck and Happy Motoring!

i keep a close eye on it. i don't live in an are where stop and go traffic is an issue. in the next couple of days i am deff. try the bleeding process again. it seems tho that it may be an issue with the cooling fan itself. when i replaced the clutch the system was flushed and bled. the fan was working fine and no overheating. it has been 3 months now and the fan just stopped working. it is possible that there is an air bubble but i figured the best place to look was the fan problem first.

Back