• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette C7 leaks

Gotta say, this looks pretty awesome
011313_1b.jpg
I'm hoping that hidious chrome strip on the grill is removable. Otherwise I like it.

sweet gurney flap!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it, but then I've always liked Corvettes. Funny, they are everywhere, but I drove 2 much more rare NSXs before i ever got a chance to get behind the wheel of a Vette.

Last edited:
If this is the new Corvette w/o any other revisions, I think the model's design zenith was reached with the C6. Gaudy interior and all. There's a purity of design with that model that this version complicates.

If this is the new Corvette w/o any other revisions, I think the model's design zenith was reached with the C6. Gaudy interior and all. There's a purity of design with that model that this version complicates.

Even though the C7 looks to be better in everyway I have to agree with you about the C6's "purer" design. I love everything about the C6 except that god awful interior.

Nero you and eac are the lone holdouts. LOL

Make that three......I think the 2.0 is a POS. If I wanted to play with an electric car, I'd go downstairs to the basement and hook up my train set.

Excellent job Chevy. Nice interior options too. 5 different colors! I like the sharp creased lines - much better than the blobby Viper IMHO.

When I saw this for the first time the first thought that ran through my head is.... this front end looks alot like the 2013 SRT Vipers front end. Not a bad thing but shouldn't it be a bit more distinctive compared to the other iconic american sports car.

The more I see this car, the more in love with it I am. I think the only thing I don't like are those camaro-like tail lights, but this thing is just... *SCHWING*.... and historically I am not a fan of vettes. What an amazing looking car. In looks it blows NSX 2.0 out of the water IMO. Imagine if it was mid engine!

This is a good looking car guys.... and it is the base model.

- - - Updated - - -

2cf18a39c224cd65eb5d8239451e6218.jpg

2c9c95cbc7cac747fada196be33297bf.jpg

3f07caea42e51fc63a21b6de6d59e386.jpg

I can't get past the Camaro rear treatment.
I can live with the 458 headlights and the 599 front fenders but the rear end resolves into a Camaro?
Fail.

If it were mid-engined the proportions and styling would be much different. I really like this and I'm fine with the rear tail lights. The shape of the lights fits in well with the rear end and I don't see how round lights would look any better, particularly with the lower rear fascia design. I do think the air vents on top rear sides (and perhaps all of the vents) would look better if they were body color.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see the day...

Growing up I lusted after Japanese sports cars Supras, RX7 etc.

America had nothing for me. Nothin but crap car after crap car.

Now many years later I have more respect for GM then Honda ...

my Z06 changed the way I thought about Corvettes.

I think they nailed the C7. Best part about the rear is that it is infuriating the old guys on the Corvette forum

thats how I now the Vette has arrived.

MC

1996 NSX-T
2008 Corvette Z06
2010 Cadillac Escalade

I asked an Aston dealer why I should buy his Vantage instead of a 911 once, and he said "they make 3000 of these a year. You want exclusivity? you have to pay for it". Indeed that is a fact oten forgotten by us spoiled NSX owners. Imagine the most obnoxious annoying girl you've ever known, an insecure know it all, who loves to always talk about how good she is. That girl always hangs out with my friends, and owns "Angela". A red base vette with a girl-omatic and a seat that is either crooked or the worst I have ever sat in. The other guy that I know that owns one is basically Jersey Shore Pauly D. I am not kidding. These two always chat about their vettes, and a couple of visits to the forums has shown me more than a few tools that live there. Is it a good performance car? Yeah.... is it fast? yeah.... bang for the buck... yeah. But does it send all the wrong messages here in the snobby northeast? Oh yeah... For me, that is just a deal breaker. An NSX is a classic Japanese exotic... a rare one. A vette is a vette. If they want to change its image, besides making a decent car (which they now have), they need to stop selling the base models with automatics at low prices and make the car a lot more exclusive. But they won't, because that is just not what this car is. So it is not for me.... even though I would probably thoroughly enjoy driving one most of the time. I'll spend more and get something not so common.

Last edited:
I asked an Aston dealer why I should buy his Vantage instead of a 911 once, and he said "they make 3000 of these a year. You want exclusivity? you have to pay for it". Indeed that is a fact oten forgotten by us spoiled NSX owners. Imagine the most obnoxious annoying girl you've ever known, an insecure know it all, who loves to always talk about how good she is. That girl always hangs out with my friends, and owns "Angela". A red base vette with a girl-omatic and a seat that is either crooked or the worst I have ever sat in. The other guy that I know that owns one is basically Jersey Shore Pauly D. I am not kidding. These two always chat about their vettes, and a couple of visits to the forums has shown me more than a few tools that live there. Is it a good performance car? Yeah.... is it fast? yeah.... bang for the buck... yeah. But does it send all the wrong messages here in the snobby northeast? Oh yeah... For me, that is just a deal breaker. An NSX is a classic Japanese exotic... a rare one. A vette is a vette. If they want to change its image, besides making a decent car (which they now have), they need to stop selling the base models with automatics at low prices and make the car a lot more exclusive. But they won't, because that is just not what this car is. So it is not for me.... even though I would probably thoroughly enjoy driving one most of the time. I'll spend more and get something not so common.

Most vette sold are autos. It does not bother me. The Z06 Zr1 are manual only. Can't speak for ZR1 owners but a lot if Z guys track their cars and don t wax it every weekend so I looks good for the car show. During my HPDE days at Sebring I see three types or cars 911s, Elises, and Z06 s.

if selling a ton of base model autos allows GM to build a ZR1 so be it. People whined when Porsche mde an SUV but it allowed the to keep building 911s

MC

1996 NSX-T
2008 Corvette Z06
2010 Cadillac Escalade

Never understood the "exclusivity" argument. If I love a car and it does everything I want, then my appreciation and enjoyment isn't diminished one bit if the guy down the street owns the same car. Good for him. Likewise, if I'm married to a supermodel - I really don't care if two of my best friends are as well.

I bought the NSX, not because it was exclusive but because I really loved the car. It may turn out that car I happen to love is exclusive and rare but that was never a deciding factor in my ownership.

-J

Back