• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette Owner ENVYS!

Re: Corvette Owner ENVYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More importantly, what brand/model tire?

I suspect Bridgestone 245 RE11's will outcorner (and outhandle) 265 RE050A's for example.

In all honesty I would be very interrested in the ZR1 if GM would've spent a couple two-tree dolars on a nice alacantra/carbon/suede supercar interior ......:rolleyes:

Being an NSX fan for many years way before I bought one, I have to admit I'd still love to have a Z06 Vette in my garage before I die. It is an American Icon and the car has a lot of visual appeal on the road. Width wise it just makes the NSX look "dinky". The newer Vette's are as wide as most exotics today (F-car, R8, Lambo, etc)....and and pretty much beat all of them!

Interior wise, anyone with money can easily fix the interior. A good upholstery shop can turn the inside of a Vette into Lambo standards for probably under $10k so I wouldn't let that stop me from owning one if that was your only reason :)

As you can see I'm a die-hard car fan of all types and though I love my NSX, I love the Corvette too!

P.S. I would buy a Vette BEFORE I buy a GTR :biggrin:

rick

Being an NSX fan for many years way before I bought one, I have to admit I'd still love to have a Z06 Vette in my garage before I die. It is an American Icon and the car has a lot of visual appeal on the road. Width wise it just makes the NSX look "dinky". The newer Vette's are as wide as most exotics today (F-car, R8, Lambo, etc)....and and pretty much beat all of them!

Interior wise, anyone with money can easily fix the interior. A good upholstery shop can turn the inside of a Vette into Lambo standards for probably under $10k so I wouldn't let that stop me from owning one if that was your only reason :)

As you can see I'm a die-hard car fan of all types and though I love my NSX, I love the Corvette too!

P.S. I would buy a Vette BEFORE I buy a GTR :biggrin:

rick

This

Vettes are a dime a dozen, no thanks. If I wanted fast, I would have kept the RX7 or bought a 10.5 outlaw car.

that's my problem as well. cool cars, but ruined by its own popularity. that and they drive like a boat.

i'd rather have a GT-R than a Corvette.

Interesting how we think opposite!

The GTR auto tranny kills it for me - sport cars NEED to be manual!

rick

still a corvette. sorry i just can't buy one for some reason. makes me ill just thinking about it.

+1, dime a dozen. No one says "OMG look, a corvette zo6" lol, but everyone takes out their phone for a nsx. $ 4 $, i would get a viper over the vette. That v10 engine seems like true American muscle, plus imo it looks better and is more exotic and rare.

Vipers (especially the 03 stripped ones) were the meanest ones. For some reason the newer body style ones lost it's raw flavor and not as aggressive!

The cabins on Vipers are not very roomy for sure and if I had to go on a long trip I would definitely want to be in a Vette or NSX cabin. The Viper cabin feels smaller than my s2000 and even more cramped in certain areas.

The Viper picture posted here above looks simply awesome though! :)

that's my problem as well. cool cars, but ruined by its own popularity. that and they drive like a boat.

i'd rather have a GT-R than a Corvette.

Some of us worry more about our driving experience than about seeing others driving the same type car...although exclusivity is nice.

I'd rather have the Vette if its a ZR-1...the one that more closely competes with the GT-R in price. Plus I could probably get by with a smaller service/maintenance budget once the warranty was gone. Lot of content in the GT-R to break over the years.

Last edited:
yeah i can't drive a viper, way too cramped and getting in and out is a pain. can't really see much in front of you either, its like you are trying to look over a miata stuck to your front.

anyways, i'm happy with the NSX and Z. my garage is full. once i get a 3 car garage, i will add a Ferrari and i'm good. :smile:

Some of us worry more about our driving experience than about seeing others driving the same type car...although exclusivity is nice.

yeah, the driving experience is better in an NSX. what you are talking about is ridiculous power, not driving experience. once you've experienced 4 digit power, you are no longer so easily impressed by such things. in my city i can't use any power, so it is frustrating to drive such cars.

exclusivity means my car is better when parked or driving slow or mentioned in a conversation. after 10 years of racing, i no longer have any desire for it, so my focus of cars shifted from fast with little regard for driving experience to nice and fun to drive.

my Z build has stalled at 350whp on 91 because it is already too much for driving around town. i have to break many laws to enjoy it on the street and that is bad in a city full of cops with nothing to do.

there is a difference between a regular vette and the Z06 and ZR-1.

Magnesium and hydroformed frame

CF panels

Titanium con rods

and the part that really makes the Z vettes stand apart are those flared out fenders that make the NSX look like it needs to hit the gym.

If the C6 didn't have flared out fenders i wouldn't even look at a vette.

the downside to our exclusivity is the NSX is dead... Corvette lives, stronger than ever.

sad but true.....

Funny situation. I had to come into work earlier for the past couple of days and that was around 12PM. Lots of people were outside doing their daily walks around the office building. I park, go inside, and start to do my thing at work. After a while one of my coworkers comes by and said "Hey, is that your corvette that I saw you drive in with today?" I kindly replied "Yeah it was me but it's an Acura NSX. It's an old, small, sports car from Acura" Her reply, "Oh, well it's a cute car either way". Internally I sighed I don't think cute really describes the NSX... sexy, beautiful, cool are words that come to mind... not cute :(.

Reason I post this story is that the NSX and the corvette to the general public look like the same car so we are pretty much driving the same thing in their eyes.

Last edited:
there is a difference between a regular vette and the Z06 and ZR-1.

Magnesium and hydroformed frame

CF panels

Titanium con rods

and the part that really makes the Z vettes stand apart are those flared out fenders that make the NSX look like it needs to hit the gym.

If the C6 didn't have flared out fenders i wouldn't even look at a vette.

99.9 % of the general population doesn't know that. They just see another vette.

Funny situation. I had to come into work earlier for the past couple of days and that was around 12PM. Lots of people were outside doing their daily walks around the office building. I park, go inside, and start to do my thing at work. After a while one of my coworkers comes by and said "Hey, is that your corvette that I saw you drive in with today?" I kindly replied "Yeah it was me but it's an Acura NSX. It's an old, small, sports car from Acura" Her reply, "Oh, well it's a cute car either way". Internally I sighed I don't think cute really describes the NSX... sexy, beautiful, cool are words that come to mind... not cute :(.

Reason I post this story is that the NSX and the corvette to the general public look like the same car so we are pretty much driving the same thing in their eyes.

I've gotten the corvette comment once from an older guy, probably 143 years old.

Where I live, the NSX reigns supreme. I can't go anywhere without being bombarded with questions and constant picture taking. You'll never get this with a Corvette.

I've gotten the corvette comment once from an older guy, probably 143 years old.

Where I live, the NSX reigns supreme. I can't go anywhere without being bombarded with questions and constant picture taking. You'll never get this with a Corvette.

All depends on where you "live" ~ I know back home in Naperville ths NSX might garner a few glances from people, out here in norcal nothing gets any glances unless you drive a Veyron.

But no joke I've actually followed a Veyron in my NSX once at a local mall and that thing will cause traffic accidents anywhere it goes. The NSX, maybe a few looks if you're lucky.

rick

All depends on where you "live" ~ I know back home in Naperville ths NSX might garner a few glances from people, out here in norcal nothing gets any glances unless you drive a Veyron.

But no joke I've actually followed a Veyron in my NSX once at a local mall and that thing will cause traffic accidents anywhere it goes. The NSX, maybe a few looks if you're lucky.

rick

I'm in St.Louis and all you see here are vettes, vipers and mustangs. You need to go to a dealer to see a ferrari etc. etc.

Back