• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette's are Ugly

are corvettes butt ugly

• yes

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • no

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • they are ok, but id never own one over an NSX

Votes: 50 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lets see how many 1-post users we can attract from the vette forums. A million view hits? :D

As for corvette looks; each to their own. some even think paris hilton is hot. :rolleyes:

ps. you posted this in the wrong forum. ;)

Depends. I like the 66-71 Corvettes. I like the new 08-Z06. I don't care for 1974-2002. Before I bought my NSX, I almost bought a 06 Triple Black Z06. The interior turned me off completely.
One thing I noticed about Corvettes, they attract a lot of pretty girls. I haven't noticed that with my NSX or at any of the meets/events.
This should be under "Off Topic" forum.

Last edited:
66-71 I like but would probably never buy.
C5's are fine, I'd buy one for a track car or jack around with.
C6's actually look pretty good.

Whether I'd take one over an NSX isn't really a replacement for choosing whether it looks 'butt ugly' or not.

I saw a clean white one on darker wheels that looked quite appealing.

I like the old Stingrays (C2 & C3), C6, and Z06. Don't care for the convertible look, but like look of the Z06/C6 coupe a lot.

If I had a hair mullet and gold chain, then I might be ready for a Corvette.

But seriously, that new ZR1 for $100K looks promising.

I love the 63-67 Stingrays. If it were not for price, I would already own a black '67 427/435 convertible. Absolutely a stunning car.

Also, I saw the new C6ZR1 at Sebring. It does not inspire the same passion in me that the NSX does, but that thing can't be beat for $100k. I have tons of respect for that car. Looks better in person too. Not good, but better.

Corvettes are nice. Too bad they don't sell them here. Answer for those who wants convertible.

i would be happy with NSX looks and zo6 perormance anyday.....

30 years from now the Z06 07 maybe worth 300k in todays term.....will the NSX do the same....

My DAD is a chevy dealer--so i am a lil BIAS...Growing up driving in every vette possible...

I love the 1961-2.

In fact I like them all and have own a few of different generations but don't care much for the C5. The C6 is ok but it looks and feels so big to me. Like a slightly down sized Camaro.

If Chevy ever made the Vette mid engine I'll get one. The feel of a mid-engine car really gets to me.

Conversly, if Acura makes a front engine sports car I doubt it would appeal to me, V10 or not.

Engine behind your head!

The first few years were the best in due proportion nothing exaggerated/exasperated designed by German. Sting rays were probably most eye catching.

When I have the room for another car, I'm considering a C5 for a dedicated track car. I'd love to get a yellow one and paint it the ALMS team colors.

Oh no....you just called Netviper ugly!!:eek:

No snobbery here ... Corvettes are great. The only problem is that I could walk out to the company parking lot right now and find at least 6 without much of a search.

I consider myself an all around car guy. And you have to give credit where credit is due. The Vette is a great car, especially for the price.

With that said, my favorite body style was the C5 and I would have loved to own one if the interior was more like the C6. Also, I love the aggresive C6 Z06! That thing looks great, IMHO.

Saw a black Z06 on the transport truck today and it like .....daaaaaaammmmmmn!

I've never understood what people dislike about Corvettes other than being common. Good looks performance that is almost always equal to the Euro stuff and a great value. What's not to like?

I used to like the C5 Z06. But after you see a few million of them every time you walk outside, they get old.
I call the C5 corvette the Gen5 Camaro because you see more of vettes than you do Camaros.

I currently like the look of the C6 Z06, but I'm thinking the same thing will happen.

All that said, I don't see ever owning one. They just don't seem classy. If I were to sell the NSX, a 911 Turbo would be next on my list.

Corvettes are beautiful.

Dad had a Burgundy 1977 Vette when I was a kid, and I really thought the world of that car.

With the possible exception of late model C3's (79-82) and early model C4s (84-89) I think the Corvette has always been outstanding. I just think 79-89 was a less preferable decade for the Vette.
To clarify- I would still rather have a 79-89 Corvette over lots of other vehicles, but if I were picking from any Vette ever I think it would be a 1970 T-top. I love the sharper body lines, and the chrome bumpers.

The Corvette and NSX don't draw much comparison from me as I think they fall into different catagories. Both are excellent in my opinion.

I've posted my opinion of Vettes in different threads, but I'll do it again !!! Looks wise, all models up to until the arrival of the C4 are wonderful designs. I especially love the look of the 68'-75' convertibles (especially w/ sidepipes). To me, the 97's on up look too much like the NSX from the front....and we all know that the NSX was first. I have issues w/ Vettes, though it has more to do w/ Vette owners than the cars themselves. When I had my 74' Stingray, I would take it to certain Vette specialty places and get such a snobby vibe because I wasn't driving a Bloomington certified big block or whatever...I got the sense that to those people, there were the big money, restored Vettes, and then there was everything else.There didn't seem to be any sense of comradship between say the C2 owners and the C3 owners.

Back