• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette's are Ugly

are corvettes butt ugly

• yes

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • no

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • they are ok, but id never own one over an NSX

Votes: 50 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've posted my opinion of Vettes in different threads, but I'll do it again !!! Looks wise, all models up to until the arrival of the C4 are wonderful designs. I especially love the look of the 68'-75' convertibles (especially w/ sidepipes). To me, the 97's on up look too much like the NSX from the front....and we all know that the NSX was first. I have issues w/ Vettes, though it has more to do w/ Vette owners than the cars themselves. When I had my 74' Stingray, I would take it to certain Vette specialty places and get such a snobby vibe because I wasn't driving a Bloomington certified big block or whatever...I got the sense that to those people, there were the big money, restored Vettes, and then there was everything else.There didn't seem to be any sense of comradship between say the C2 owners and the C3 owners.

When I have the room for another car, I'm considering a C5 for a dedicated track car. I'd love to get a yellow one and paint it the ALMS team colors.

I was thinking about selling my soul for this one, I could have afforded the car but not the operating expense. Maybe someday.

zz1.jpg

zz2.jpg

zz3.jpg

zz10.jpg

They are ok to me. Not the exactly sexiest car, but not ugly either.:smile:

Man, those black/red wheels make every car look sexy!

I see no reason to think that Vettes are ugly. C6 is right up there with the NSX and F-Cars in looks, if not better than some. Look at the C5 and the C6 next to each other and you'll see how the lines on the C6 were much improved, sharper, cleaner and didn't make the car look like a pig, such as C5.

Either way, I'd buy a C5 or prefferably a C6.... and a batch of elmer's glue to hold down the roof.

I'd buy a corvette for my winter beater, unfortunatley they are about as common as civics here in Texas.

Ugly, no...too common, yes.

I think the C6 is a fantastic car though...wouldn't mind owning a Z06 if I had the extra cash/room for it.

I like 'em. The C5's when they came out were sweet. The C6's look great these days. And we all know the Z06 performance is face-ripping.

Edit -- how could you say that the latest Corvette is butt ugly?? Interior -- yes. But the exterior looks great! Slap a galloping horse, or prancing bull, emblem on the hood and it would be $300k!

Oh yeah Baby.

redringwheel.jpg

If someone thinks that car is ugly, they need their head examined.

I think the NSX is better looking than the corvette and certainly more exotic looking.

By the Way, this is perhaps the stupidest thread on prime ever. Sarge - do you have nothing better to do? What's next -- who thinks the R8 is Ugly?

Last edited:
Interior -- yes. But the exterior looks great! Slap a galloping horse, or prancing bull, emblem on the hood and it would be $300k!

Hmm... Interior Ugly... I think it is pretty nice.. more leather than the NSX too.. HUD is sweet.

int_gallery01.jpg

HOWEVER, the interior of the NSX makes you feel much more connected to the car and fits like a glove.

I think the NSX is better looking than the corvette and certainly more exotic looking.

By the Way, this is perhaps the stupidest thread on prime ever. Sarge - do you have nothing better to do? What's next -- who thinks the R8 is Ugly?

By the way... nice AUTO 91 NSX... race any v6 mustangs lately?

I didn't bother to participate in the poll... but he does have the AUTO for a very good reason.

Hmm... Interior Ugly... I think it is pretty nice.. more leather than the NSX too..

int_gallery01.jpg

HOWEVER, the interior of the NSX makes you feel much more connected to the car and fits like a glove.

More leather does not mean it's a better interior. Once again, I emphasize the actual design/shape/form/compostion of the C6 interior is still lacking sophistication. This is not to say the C6 interior is crap, it's a good progression from last gen. The connection between the NSX and driver that you sense makes it clear that the NSX's cabin design is better.

The vinyl inside in the NSX is actually very high quality, will last longer than leather, more economic (by cost and mass/weight) and it is more environmental friendly. Vinyl is usually associated with cheap pleather and it is unappealing because it often not done correctly. Vinyl is actually not a bad material if used properly, just like many other plastics are not either, if applied correctly for the instance.

More leather does not mean it's a better interior. Once again, I emphasize the actual design/shape/form/compostion of the C6 interior is still lacking sophistication. This is not to say the C6 interior is crap, it's a good progression from last gen. The connection between the NSX and driver that you sense makes it clear that the NSX's cabin design is better.

The vinyl inside in the NSX is actually very high quality, will last longer than leather, more economic (by cost and mass/weight) and it is more environmental friendly. Vinyl is usually associated with cheap pleather and it is unappealing because it often not done correctly. Vinyl is actually not a bad material if used properly, just like many other plastics are not either, if applied correctly for the instance.

Great pic. BTW, that fancy Corvette computer screen reminds me of the cash registers at McDonalds. :tongue:

Great pic. BTW, that fancy Corvette computer screen reminds me of the cash registers at McDonalds. :tongue:

It can easily find a McDondalds anywhere in the USA. :) The Nav system in my Lexus is much nicer IMO. I hope they upgrade in in 2009 with a higher-res system, but honestly it is pretty easy to use and I use it often.

The NSX and Vette do have one thing in common though.. both have BOSE stereos and they both SUCK.

It can easily find a McDondalds anywhere in the USA. :) The Nav system in my Lexus is much nicer IMO. I hope they upgrade in in 2009 with a higher-res system, but honestly it is pretty easy to use and I use it often.

The NSX and Vette do have one thing in common though.. both have BOSE stereos and they both SUCK.

I agree that this thread does nothing for the community, but I guess that's why it's in Off-Topic.

I'd have to disagree about the BOSE stereo. I think the NSX's stock stereo is quite nice thru my mp3 player compared to the BOSE system that was in the 300X; now that was a crap BOSE system.

Agree stupid thread. I did own a 1963 yellow/black that I sold and wish that I still have. I would love to have a 1972 to 1962 FI. Those cars are so cool.

actually I dont. sorry. im on prime 24/7 almost, but if it makes you feel better I'll slow down on the stupid threads. I thought it was a fair question, if they'd just move the cabin forward a bit corvettes wouldnt look like a deck shoe on wheels. LOL and I do get some kind of strange pleasure dissing something I cannot afford.

Back