• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cost to replace ALL hoses question

What is wrong with cutting them off?

Nothing as long as you don't cut into the aluminium. I've just cut so deep the inner structure of the hose got destroyed. This helps a lot while pulling and twisting them off. Getting them on: heat-gun and silicon spray are your friends but you only have one reasonably try. If a particular hose doesn't reach it's final position take it off and try with that method again.

is there a list of all this hoses? 26 of them?

1- 79728-sl0-a00 hose, water inlet (engine)
2- 79725-sl0-a00 hose, water outlet(heater)
3- 79722-sl0-a00 hose, water inlet (heater)
4- 79721-sl0-a00 hose, water inlet (water valve)
5- 19518-pr7-a00 hose, water middle (upper)
6- 19522-pr7-a00 hose a, bypass
7- 19424-pr7-a00 hose b, oil cooler outlet
8- 19423-pr7-a00 hose a, oil cooler outlet
9- 19422-pr7-a01 hose, oil cooler inlet
10-19506-pr7-a01 hose, rr. Water (lower)(white painted)
11-19502-pr7-a00 hose, fr. Water (lower)(white painted)
12-19501-pr7-a00 hose, fr. Water (upper)(white painted)
13-19507-pr7-a01 hose, rr. Water (upper)(yellow painted)
14-19526-pr7-a00 hose e, bypass
15-19519-pr7-a00 hose, water middle (lower)
16-79727-sl0-a00 hose b, water joint
17-79726-sl0-a00 hose a, water joint
18-19524-pr7-a00 hose c, bypass
19-19524-pr7-a00 hose c, bypass
20-19523-pr7-a00 hose b, bypass
21-19103-pr7-a00 hose expansion (upper)
22-19104-pr7-a00 hose expansion (lower)
23-19107-pr7-a00 tube, overflow

Last edited:
Is there a List of all this hoses? 26 of them?

+1
I'm kind of confused when people are talking about 6 hoses, 9, now 26.
What's the final count and part numbers please?

The nice thing is, you don't have to order them all individually. There is already a Kit that contains the 22 coolant hoses (also one for auto trans) less the overflow tank tube.

Read up in the vendor section on the reviews for various vendors so you are informed on various experiences of prime members. That being said, I ordered my hose set through Dali.

SOS sells them too. Their price isn't much different than the internet OEM parts sites from what I remember.

I just had all of the coolant hoses replaced this week through an Acura dealer. Hoses were about $500 and the labour was about $400 not including taxes.

I just had all of the coolant hoses replaced this week through an Acura dealer. Hoses were about $500 and the labour was about $400 not including taxes.

THIS labor price is more in line. $900 is silly high.

This ought to be fun, I am doing all the hoses sometime very soon. I will take pictures as I do this and length of time for a DIYer. Noting the PITA hoses etc.

*** Yes, PLEASE do that, as I'm contemplating replacing all of my hoses too. Photos and tips would be VERY helpful for all NSX DYI ers, now and in the future.

That is a great contribution - doing the hoses and taking pictures of the install. Looking forward to that synergy.

sptrader - love your car man - great color - what year is it? Any mods?

That is a great contribution - doing the hoses and taking pictures of the install. Looking forward to that synergy.

sptrader - love your car man - great color - what year is it? Any mods?

** It's a 92' , 96' wheels, pretty stock other than that, PO added tint.
It's due for hoses, so I'm looking forward to a detailed hose install article.

Last edited:
I've paid 1.500 Euro here in germany for this kind of work, without the hoses :mad:
My HONDA mechanic told me that it was a PITA.
Finally I'm happy that I can sleep well next 20 years :smile:

For DIY'ers don't try this without a hair blow dryer or similar to heat the hoses up.

Just got off the phone with Serramonte Acura. They quoted me $1,700 for hoses and labor.:eek:

Just got off the phone with Serramonte Acura. They quoted me $1,700 for hoses and labor.:eek:
Now call Don, and take it to him.

EDIT: Very funny, great minds thinking alike and posting at the same time! Right down to the link and everything. (No, I had not seen your post when I was typing in mine - honest!)

Last edited:

OK. You can meet me there, I'll buy you lunch and then you can drop me off at my place.:biggrin::wink: Plus, I'll get another ride in your car.:biggrin:

Hi Doug,

I did mine in Orange County area last month, I paid $1150 for parts and labor. They originally asked for $1250.

Good luck....

Hi Doug,

I did mine in Orange County area last month, I paid $1150 for parts and labor. They originally asked for $1250.

Good luck....

Thanks Dat. I think you're much more in the ball park. I'll call Don this week. I am doing mine as part of preventive maintenance. I just like to keep ahead of things like this.

I've paid 1.500 Euro here in germany for this kind of work, without the hoses :mad:
My HONDA mechanic told me that it was a PITA.
Finally I'm happy that I can sleep well next 20 years :smile:

Jesus! How many hours did he have? 20? Still kinda too much. It takes around 10 and is still a PITA. In 20 years, come to Interlaken and we do it in 10 hours. :D

Sorry to bump an old thread, but was hoping to get some "current consensus". Is the general feeling that *all* the hoses should be done with TB/WP?

With all of the crap that's suggested to be done with TB/WP, if you throw in hoses too, its starting to climb towards being pretty serious money. Seems TB/WP plus all of the other little bits are going to run up to about $2500, plus it seems like $1000 for hoses now... and thats every 6 or 7 years. Thats a big hit actually considering.

The upside is mentioning it to my wife her reply was "you might have to spend $3500??? you should have just bought the Ferrari then!" which might bode well for the future ;)

The hoses do not need to be replaced ever 6 or 7 years. It took 17 years for mine to get repalced. TB/WP is a different story.

The difference between the NSX and the Ferrari is, you can drive the NSX 100,000 miles between these services and not look back. Get the Ferrari and tell us what maintenance is after 50,000 miles of ownership. $2500-$3500 will seem like a bargain.

A good independant will do the TB/WP/hoses for around 2400 +/-. It's not that bad. I don't have to do your hoses every time you get the WP/TB done - it's not every 6 or 7 years.

Back