• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Covid Vaccine

.so I'm now cross eyed and have hair growing on my palms..........otherwise all good....

...so now 5 days out and only sore at injection site for 2 days....will update after booster at 28 days.

My mom is also 89 and in a facility...they are waiting to get an allotment...

I had my first Moderna vaccine injection yesterday morning. So far, 36 hours later, I am completely well, even better than after my flu shot in September. I had three days of body aches after that flu vaccination, so my experience with COVID vaccine is better.

So, I don’t have two heads or turned into Spider-Man. Bummer. LOL

It's pretty bad here in LA right now.

Our good friend who's a General Pediatric M.D. got called up to volunteer as part of the Palliative Care team. She's basically getting trained now to tell families and friends how to deal with death. Their medical group has run out of beds weeks ago and now their running out of supplies and projecting preparing for the death count basically. F*cked up.... I feel for her because pediatricians are of a different breed. Kids don't really die relatively speaking. It's going to tough on her mentally.

Also, not to stir a debate here.. but I was in Orange County visiting friends. I had a group of young adults laugh at us for wearing masks. It's just ridiculous...

Last edited:
It is going to get worse before it gets better. I know of 4 recent deaths of extended family members/coworkers families in the last 3 weeks.

I've had multiple colleagues contract COVID-19 in the last month, generally from outside of work exposure. We're not doing as badly here in Cleveland as the Californians are, but cases are seriously up, and staying up. It's as if many people no longer GAF. Glad I was able to get the vaccine, these people have "lost they damn mind".

Medical friends in CA are telling me it's a challenge to procure O2 now. Wow.

TLSA was one of my biotech buys in March and its the only one I have held onto. Firm believer in their fully human monoclonal antibody. With their patent on nasal administration it's positioned to help all future coronavirus complications... assuming good data from their 39-subject trial in Brazil to be released in the next few weeks.

I'm supposed to get the Moderna next week. I would rather wait for data on the JNJ trial first if I were to have a choice. I may delay.

Give her a hug from your primates.....we really need to keep our elderly in a bubble....

Austin, TX has just broken its summer record for hospital, ICU, and ventilator patients. I'm fortunate enough to be able to 100% work from home, with the vaccine so close I'm just going to buckle down for a few more months and see basically no one but my GF that I live with, she's technically high risk so don't want to take any chances.

@Honcho I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown:

Last edited:
Read a sad story that a doctor, who promotes and believes in vaccines, developed complications only 3 days after getting the vaccine and has died. :frown:

Multiple stories are reporting that as many as 40% to 50% of health care workers have declined taking the vaccine. This concerns me. If 40-50% of front line workers won't even take it, why should I?

I work for local government and was recently told by upper management that they have the legal right to mandate all employees to get the vaccine. To be honest, I was shocked to hear this. However, at this time, it will be a voluntary basis. Right now our firefighters and police officers are being offered the vaccine. In about 3 to 4 weeks it will be offered to me and my peers as we fall in tier 1C.

If I voluntarily take the vaccine, it's obviously under Emergency Use Authorization and not by the FDA. I do realize that waiting for FDA approval means waiting at least 4 to 5 more months. I'm still on the fence on what to do.

Read a sad story that a doctor, who promotes and believes in vaccines, developed complications only 3 days after getting the vaccine and has died. :frown:

Multiple stories are reporting that as many as 40% to 50% of health care workers have declined taking the vaccine. This concerns me. If 40-50% of front line workers won't even take it, why should I?

I work for local government and was recently told by upper management that they have the legal right to mandate all employees to get the vaccine. To be honest, I was shocked to hear this. However, at this time, it will be a voluntary basis. Right now our firefighters and police officers are being offered the vaccine. In about 3 to 4 weeks it will be offered to me and my peers as we fall in tier 1C.

If I voluntarily take the vaccine, it's obviously under Emergency Use Authorization and not by the FDA. I do realize that waiting for FDA approval means waiting at least 4 to 5 more months. I'm still on the fence on what to do.

Reading this thread would tend to be pro- vaccine; at least that is the way I’m seeing it.

I am probably tier 2, and am ready to get it.

Nearly every physician and nurse I work with is getting, or has received, the vaccine. It is voluntary and not mandatory at my employer, and response is strong so far. Mostly those with prior reactions or certain health issues are refusing so far, and that's reasonable IMO. That's my anecdote at one massive hospital system in Cleveland, Ohio. As for me, I'm looking forward to receiving shot #2 at the end of the month.

I was able to get the Moderna vaccine last weekend. Sore shoulder for ~2.5 days but haven't felt any different otherwise.

I misread your post initially. I ask what complication did this doctor suffer?

I have lost a grand father in law and neighbor (both elderly) from Covid since thanksgiving. Other than the son of a friend of a friend who passed in Apr, I have several friends who have tested positive and recovered.

My personal history (on Prime) is I lost a partner due to Septic shock, at 43, so my feelings are that anything can happen. But a virus like covid is far worse than the risk of the vaccine.

I think its pretty simple... do you want antibodies from getting sick and possibly dying ...or from a non infectious vaccine from which you might get some mild secondary effects? Plus most vaccination places will and should monitor you for allergic reaction which are much easier to treat than active covid infection....

I think its pretty simple... do you want antibodies from getting sick and possibly dying ...or from a non infectious vaccine from which you might get some mild secondary effects? Plus most vaccination places will and should monitor you for allergic reaction which are much easier to treat than active covid infection....
I wish it was that simple. Your medical training allows you some scientific background to help in your decision process. Actually, it's really a non-decision process for most of my medical friends.

My employees have questions popularized by social media. Everything as ridiculous as genetic mutations, to some more sensible as, "did they cut corners because the vaccine was produced so fast".

I get it,,, the horse to water thing....humans are quite stubborn until something personal hits them then the decision process become much more "fluid"....There are many younger folks who don't get very sick but are still spreaders...we need to clamp down on that vector...meaning more tests .....

I misread your post initially. I ask what complication did this doctor suffer?

I have lost a grand father in law and neighbor (both elderly) from Covid since thanksgiving. Other than the son of a friend of a friend who passed in Apr, I have several friends who have tested positive and recovered.

My personal history (on Prime) is I lost a partner due to Septic shock, at 43, so my feelings are that anything can happen. But a virus like covid is far worse than the risk of the vaccine.

I am sorry for your loss.

The link below is not the original story that I read, but it summarizes it. Within 3 days of getting the vaccine, he developed spots on his skin which apparently indicates internal bleeding.
Here's the story
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...der-investigation-gregory-michael/6574414002/

On one hand I understand the desire and urgency to get the vaccine shot, especially for the vulnerable and the elderly. On the other hand, I don't understand the urgency since it's not FDA approved and there are still lots of questions to be asked and answered; and Pfizer, Moderna and the FDA don't have the answers...yet.

When asked questions related to pregnancy like: "Will this affect getting pregnant?" or "Will this effect my unborn child?" or "Will this affect my fertility?" They simply say, "We don't know". Understandable since we are still studying the effects of the vaccine. Most nurses are women, and thinking along the lines of pregnancy, many won't take the vaccine because they are either pregnant or plan to be pregnant in the near future.

My wife isn't thrilled about me getting the vaccine since we are just about ready to try for a second kid. She won't consider getting the vaccine until FDA clears it, and after our next child is born.

Year after year I get the flu shot from Kaiser. And I always ask the person who is administering the shot if I will experience any side effects. The answer is always an emphatic "no". And year after year, I have never experienced any side effects, not even a sore arm afterwards. Now with the Covid vaccine, I've read numerous articles of people who went through the trials who experienced really bad headaches, chills, fevers, fatigue for a few days following the second shot. This is crazy! Statistics show that most people who get Covid beat it (98% beat it), and either experience the same symptoms I just described or get off easy and have the sniffles. Better yet, some are asymptomatic and feel nothing. Just like the flu vaccine, the Covid vaccine may not stop transmission, and since most people beat it with their own immune system, this begs the question. At this point in time, should everyone get the vaccine or only the vulnerable/elderly to help prevent loss of life?

Unfortunately, I think Covid is here to stay forever, like the flu. I don't see it " burning out" as the years roll on. :frown:

It won't its not small pox like the flu it will always be around...

Back