• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crystal-Glo

I’ve been an avid user of Klasse for many years now, but I recently tried another product called Crystal-Glo, also an acrylic. The dealer gave me some of their bike polish to try on my New 2006 Harley Davidson Fat Boy, and the results were awesome!!! Looks wet all the time!

I ordered their paint treatment (auto polish) to try it on my black NSX, and it gave the same wet shine as the bike polish and even filled in the micro swirls/scratches in the paint. Check it out… www.crystal-glo.com/usa/auto Well worth it.

Griots Garage Speed Shine AND Zaino Z6 are great for in-between touch ups too!

Hugh said:
I ordered a bottle. I'll let you know how it does on Formula Red in a week or so after it gets here.
Forget it Hugh, "Zymes" or nothing for you!!!!:eek:

It arrived today. It's also been raining all day. If tomorrow's weather looks promising I might get up the motivation to try the stuff out on the hood and black roof panel after I take Charlotte through a Laserwash 4000.

Hugh said:
It arrived today. It's also been raining all day. If tomorrow's weather looks promising I might get up the motivation to try the stuff out on the hood and black roof panel after I take Charlotte through a Laserwash 4000.

Don't you have to see if it's Yogi approved first.

Has the piece of corn showed up yet??

johnny010 said:
Hugh, remember to take a before picture.

Thanks,

JM

I'll do better than that. Before starting I'll run a strip of masking tape up the middle of the hood and the roof and use the Crytal Glo on one side only. That way there won't be any inconsistencies such as different camera angle or different light conditions and it will be much easier to see the actual results.

I'll bet you're just shaking in anticipation!

Hugh said:
I'll do better than that. Before starting I'll run a strip of masking tape up the middle of the hood and the roof and use the Crytal Glo on one side only. That way there won't be any inconsistencies such as different camera angle or different light conditions and it will be much easier to see the actual results.

I'll bet you're just shaking in anticipation!
You got it.!!!

Sorry boys but you're going to have to wait another day or so. The A/C in my house failed and until the new one gets installed tomorrow, manual labor of any sort is utterly out of the question.

Hugh said:
Sorry boys but you're going to have to wait another day or so. The A/C in my house failed and until the new one gets installed tomorrow, manual labor of any sort is utterly out of the question.

Get one of these and get to work!! :biggrin:
fans.jpg

Seriously, can't wait to seet the comparisions :smile:

It's raining as we speak. I still have no A/C in the damn house but they're coming in the morning at 8AM to install it. I plan on washing and Crystal-Glo'ing the car Friday morning, weather permitting.

I just got my Comptech short shifter kit and that definitely takes priority over the paint. In fact it's too hot to sleep so I might go throw that thing in the car now then do a 3AM Super Center grocery run. :)

But I'll get the Crystal crap done on Friday come hell or high water. Just take a couple of Xanax, a shot or two of chilled Cuervo and you'll be better than fine. Trust me. :)

Hugh said:
I just got my Comptech short shifter kit and that definitely takes priority over the paint. In fact it's too hot to sleep so I might go throw that thing in the car now then do a 3AM Super Center grocery run. :)
Sounds like something I would do.

Hugh said:
Just take a couple of Xanax, a shot or two of chilled Cuervo and you'll be better than fine. Trust me. :)
Sounds like something I would do........lmao.

As you were typing, I was sweating my nuts off in this tropical humidity with this goo, trying to beat the sunset so I could get enought light for some photos. Mother nature won.

Anyway here are some observations. The stuff is much easier to buff out if it is still wet. So do a very small section at a time then buff! I treid to set up a photo showing the two masked sections of the hood by putting a bottle of Motul RBF600 on each side of the hood. The bottle on the Crystal Glo side kept sliding off. The other bottle stayed put. So at the very least you can use it for a personal lubricant. :)

The sun was setting so fast as I finishing that it's almost impossible to tell any significant difference. So I'll try again in the morning. Maybe. The black roof looked fantastic though. But it also looks fantastic after using Pro Honda Cleaner and Polish, Eagle One Nanowax, Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection, etc.. etc...

Like I said earlier, I was skeptical if I'd see any real difference over the Honda spray. All these products are essentially the same anyway. The Honda is the best of the bunch because you can spray it on from a can. Soap is soap, toothpaste is toothpaste, wax is wax and polish is polish.

I'll take some shots in the morning when the sun is up and see if there is any real remarkable difference between the Crystal Glo side and the untreated side. Then I'll use the Honda spray on the untreated side to compare against the Crystal Glo.

Last edited:
Back