• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy CT Engineering Supercharger kit 91-05 NSX (Ends April 1, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I have been away for 2 months. Has everyone received their kits?

Guys I have been away for 2 months. Has everyone received their kits?
I received mine in June of last yr and just got it installed. Was able to get 98.2 more hp to the wheel with Ct headers and exhaust according to dyno. I will pick it up tomorrow. Eagerly can to drive it
I think it will be a different animal.
Thank you, Dave

BTW, where have you been, Dave? Been on the honeymoon with your new bride?:tongue:

Last edited:
I received mine in June of last yr and just got it installed. Was able to get 98.2 more hp to the wheel with Ct headers and exhaust according to dyno. I will pick it up tomorrow. Eagerly can to drive it
Thank you, Dave

BTW, where have you been, Dave? Been on the honeymoon with your new bride?:tongue:

Did you have Shad do the install?

Thank you, Dave

I wish... I was sick I wound up in the hospital. They gave me the wrong meds and made me worse. Glad it's all installed and running well!

- - - Updated - - -

That's an unusually high bump... what are you using for an airbox?

Did you have Shad do the install?

Yes. He seems to be expensive and I had to wait over a month to get CT headers and CT muffler. I left the car there since mid December and usually never like to leave the car in the shop for that long. I wished he could tell me that all of stuff are ready to install and I just drive the car down , rather left the car there to get the parts.- - - Updated - - -

I wish... I was sick I wound up in the hospital. They gave me the wrong meds and made me worse. Glad it's all installed and running well!

- - - Updated - - -

That's an unusually high bump... what are you using for an airbox?

I use DF stack intake. Power is 98.1 gain and the torque is 55.5 gain by Dynapack. Man, I was not feeling anything when I drove it home , I expected it would throw me back against the seat, but it did not. I am not sure I spent the money wisely. All of this cost me 12.5K:confused:. I think I regret it:tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity:

But the good thing is that you are feeling healthy and get back on your feet. They made a wrong diagnosis and gave wrong med?

065.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man. Yeah its a long story. You aren't feeling an extra 100 HP?? I think your expectation might be too high. You car now would leave the NA car in the dust. The CTSC has a very flat power curve it doesn't "hit" like a turbo it actually just quietly goes fast. Those are great #'s.

Let me know if you continue to be unhappy and want to remove it. : )

With AEM or Stock ECU with CT Box?

Bryan

Yes. He seems to be expensive and I had to wait over a month to get CT headers and CT muffler. I left the car there since mid December and usually never like to leave the car in the shop for that long. I wished he could tell me that all of stuff are ready to install and I just drive the car down , rather left the car there to get the parts. I found out that the manifold cover was switched from red to black color when I got the parts back.
- - - Updated - - -

I use DF stack intake. Power is 98.1 gain and the torque is 55.5 gain by Dynapack. Man, I was not feeling anything when I drove it home , I expected it would throw me back against the seat, but it did not. I am not sure I spent the money wisely. All of this cost me 12.5K:confused:. I think I regret it:tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity:

But the good thing is that you are feeling healthy and get back on your feet. They made a wrong diagnosis and gave wrong med?

View attachment 109791

REGRET is the word I have...should have hopped on. Have to wait for a used one, or fork out the $9K for one.

Dave mate sorry to hear about your illness and trust your getting back to normal life.

Unfortunately my SC has been delayed numerous times from July and it's only ready to be shipped now :(
I hope it was worth the wait. Kit's delay is costing me alot more due to Australian dollar depreciating since July by 15%.

Will let Prime now when I receive and install it.

Would be good to know. Im interested in taking a kit if anyone has changed their minds or cannot afford it
Let's go for a ride 1st, then you may want to buy Alex's kit/$6500. SC is very safe but lack's "uuumf".
Your spending too cose to turbo money to be lacking in any area.
-Just my few 3cents short of a nickel.

Yes. He seems to be expensive and I had to wait over a month to get CT headers and CT muffler. I left the car there since mid December and usually never like to leave the car in the shop for that long. I wished he could tell me that all of stuff are ready to install and I just drive the car down , rather left the car there to get the parts.- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 109791

Those are good numbers. My N/A numbers with Angus exhaust and unifilter were lower, about 246 hp, 201 lbft, and I added the headers and CT airbox and got a nice bump to 347.4 hp and 259.7 lbft, a gain of 101 hp and 58.5 lbft of torque. In terms of absolute numbers, I wasn't thrilled that I came in under 250 hp to start, but it's hard to argue with a 100+ hp gain.

I agree with Dave that it's hard to gauge the power difference mostly due to how linear it is. It definitely picks up faster at speed and, if you go WOT in 1st or 2nd you should feel a difference, but otherwise the car is just faster all around yet still maintains its docile character. I didn't notice how much faster the NSX is with the SC until i jumped back into the Cayman S, which previously felt a bit quicker around town, and it felt slower and a bit anemic.

Next up, Shad's high boost kit? :devilish:

Thanks for the info. I have never driven any other cars so I can't compare with SC NSX . It sounds like you have dumped in lot of $$ to gain those HP.

Those are good numbers. My N/A numbers with Angus exhaust and unifilter were lower, about 246 hp, 201 lbft, and I added the headers and CT airbox and got a nice bump to 347.4 hp and 259.7 lbft, a gain of 101 hp and 58.5 lbft of torque. In terms of absolute numbers, I wasn't thrilled that I came in under 250 hp to start, but it's hard to argue with a 100+ hp gain.

I agree with Dave that it's hard to gauge the power difference mostly due to how linear it is. It definitely picks up faster at speed and, if you go WOT in 1st or 2nd you should feel a difference, but otherwise the car is just faster all around yet still maintains its docile character. I didn't notice how much faster the NSX is with the SC until i jumped back into the Cayman S, which previously felt a bit quicker around town, and it felt slower and a bit anemic.

Next up, Shad's high boost kit? :devilish:

Last edited:
Your numbers are exactly where they should be. Shad dyno'd mine at 366rwhp/270rwtq. I have the older 1.6 Whipple, CT-E I/H/E.

I'm sorry but if you can't feel an extra 100 hp then maybe there is something wrong with you and not the car. :wink:

Would be good to know. Im interested in taking a kit if anyone has changed their minds or cannot afford it

Here is one.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/179778-BNIB-CTSC-for-91-94-coupe-(purchased-from-CT-GB)

- - - Updated - - -

Find another stock nsx. Drive it. Then you will be happy with what you have.

Exactly how I felt. I rode in a CTSC NA2 at a local meet (Thanks, James 02#154). Drove back in my stock NA1 right after and it felt really underpowered.

Last edited:
Guys did everyone get their parts? Anyone able to communicate with Nate? I can't get him to reply to me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back