• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy CT Engineering Supercharger kit 91-05 NSX (Ends April 1, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GB ended 2 weeks ago today. Has anybody heard anything from CT?

Yes, they're going down the list in order contacting everybody and arranging payments/scheduling.

They didn't pack up and head to Mexico or anything :)

Yes, they're going down the list in order contacting everybody and arranging payments/scheduling.

They didn't pack up and head to Mexico or anything :)

I'm not panicked, but Nate is pushing a big pet peeve button of mine by not doing what he said he'd do. My original invoice email says "As soon as the group buy closes I will contact you to go over payment and production schedules." Then I talked to him briefly on the phone last Wednesday and he promised to call me back by the end of the day, but never did. I hate that.

Jim, Nate is a really nice guy and he is very short handed, I am certain he didn't intentionally ignore you. Please be patient with him, call him again if you need to. He is dealing with 40 people just from this GB, and then he has the regular business to deal with too, which is all the other acuras and Hondas.

I'm not panicked, but Nate is pushing a big pet peeve button of mine by not doing what he said he'd do. My original invoice email says "As soon as the group buy closes I will contact you to go over payment and production schedules." Then I talked to him briefly on the phone last Wednesday and he promised to call me back by the end of the day, but never did. I hate that.

I know he's gotta be slammed, like Turbo said along with all the other business commitments it's gotta be crazy. I personally had the best luck with email when needing to contact him. I talked to him twice on phone only to take care of deposit and final payment and he told me when to expect my SC, which he said by mid May. It's frustrating when you don't get what's expected or what you were told, but Nate is a good dude. I know I've forgotten to call someone back. Try emailing him and hopefully that'll help both of you figure this out, or maybe one of the other guys at CT can or will help you if you call. They helped me with ordering a CF airbox and rear strut bar when I paid for the SC.
Hope you get it handled,
Bob

I've had great luck with getting in touch with Nate via email as well (the only way I tried). He was also very good about answering his phone the only time I had tried. Coincidentally, he just emailed me with a tentative date for where I fall given my place on the list -- I hadn't contacted him about it but it sounds like he's getting this stuff sorted out for those of you who have a greater sense of urgency than myself :)

Someone can have my spot. I just purchased an s2000 so funds went to that. Apologies in advance.

I can tell you guys there is a fight for that spot. LOL.

Someone can have my spot. I just purchased an s2000 so funds went to that. Apologies in advance.

PM Sent. Hope it's not too late!!

I haven't yet, Nate told me when I paid I should expect it by mid May. I tried calling last Friday to check on eta, no response.

Has anyone in this group received his CTSC yet?

They are still assembling kits and waiting on parts to be machined. They only had one full kit in stock and I believe it went out right away. This was a HUGE order... I know he is busy full time working on this. Some people are still contacting me to get into the GB. so his workload is increasing nt decreasing. I will see if I can get an update from him.

when you first timers start getting these installed I'd love to get your initial impressions.

+1

I wonder what kind of Engine Health Analysis new CTSC owners are performing before installing...

I took mine to my mechanic and asked him to do whatever he felt like he needed to do to give me a go/nogo recommendation. He's worked on my car for 8+ years, so he knows it pretty well. I think the only new thing he did was a compression check.

Car has 151,000 miles on it. He told me to go for it, but to budget for a clutch sooner or later.

when you first timers start getting these installed I'd love to get your initial impressions.

This is what I envision happening...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Can't wait. I'll be able to get up to speed by the time the highway on - ramp ends now.. I kid I kid

Good afternoon! Just thought I'd poke in here and update.
We finally received the manifold castings yesterday. These are the raw castings which still need to be machined, sealed and powdercoated. These came about two weeks later than were promised which puts us back about....two weeks. We're getting them done as quickly as possible while not compromising the stringent quality that we're known for. I'll post a few pictures as we assemble the final pieces.

Now would be an excellent time for us all to decide on what we're lasering onto the extension drive.
One customer suggested "Custom built for NSX #xxx by (CT Engineering logo)", I quite like it....thoughts?

-Nate

well if the special price was 6K a kit and 50 people thats over 300,000 dollars they got

hiring a couple guys to help fill orders wouldnt be a problem with that kinda dough

The margins are still lower though, plus I would rather not have temp labor assembling my crap for QC purposes. I'm not in any super rush to get it, would be nice to have in installed by Expo. The deal is well worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back