• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ctsc D.o.a.

Dave

Sorry to hear about the delays but I'm sure you will be up and running before 2007 :smile:

Zenn

If you were considering getting the CTSC, don't let this hold you back. As with all products that are manufactured, there is a chance of a few not being up to par. I am sure Comptech will take care of this problem for Turbo2go.

I installed my CTSC a couple of months ago and I love it. My car already went through 1 track event and I couldn't be more pleased. There are plenty of others here who have it and are in agreement.

The thing about message boards is usually only the problems get reported. You don't see threads popping up saying "It's been a week since my CTSC was installed and nothings broken".

my $0.02 - Get one

Zennsx said:
I was joking... Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I'm seriously reconsidering purchasing a comptech after reading this. IMO There isnt any excuse for Comptech to drag their heels while your car is apart.

OK sorry hard to tell from your original post, no smiley face etc. Some people might of really believed that though.

Zennsx said:
I was joking... Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I'm seriously reconsidering purchasing a comptech after reading this. IMO There isnt any excuse for Comptech to drag their heels while your car is apart.
Speaking from experience, I'm sure the delays are most likely from the repair facility (which is not Comptech). Despite the issues I had with my blower at first, I still have the utmost confidence in Comptech products and service. They will do the right thing - it might just take a bit longer than we would like. And I must say that I couldn't be happier with the performance of my repaired SC.

DVDoughboy said:
Dave

Sorry to hear about the delays but I'm sure you will be up and running before 2007 :smile:

Zenn

If you were considering getting the CTSC, don't let this hold you back. As with all products that are manufactured, there is a chance of a few not being up to par. I am sure Comptech will take care of this problem for Turbo2go.

I installed my CTSC a couple of months ago and I love it. My car already went through 1 track event and I couldn't be more pleased. There are plenty of others here who have it and are in agreement.

The thing about message boards is usually only the problems get reported. You don't see threads popping up saying "It's been a week since my CTSC was installed and nothings broken".

my $0.02 - Get one

It has been over 2 years since I installed my CTSC and I have only had more FUN since. :biggrin:

BioBanker said:
I know of 2. Who else except for Scorp and Turbo?

How may have been installed? 100?

SaberX comes to mind I believe.
I don't know the total number of installs though. Not all NSX owners are on this site so there may be others that we don't know about. And on the flip side, that may be all there are too.
Unfortunate regardless as to how many there are.

BioBanker said:
I know of 2. Who else except for Scorp and Turbo?

How may have been installed? 100?

I have had the new Autorotor kit installed on my '95 since February and only have 1 problem....I have a problem wiping off the grin on my face everytime I punch it! :biggrin: Seriously though, the CTSC has been trouble free for the past 9 months (approx. 3000 miles). *knock on wood*

92NSX said:
SaberX comes to mind I believe.
I don't know the total number of installs though. Not all NSX owners are on this site so there may be others that we don't know about. And on the flip side, that may be all there are too.
Unfortunate regardless as to how many there are.

Sorry - you're right. Its Saber not Scorp....

I dont know of any others.

I had a problem with mine, but it was leaky fuel line, unrelated to the charger. CT FedEx'd me one overnight. Other than that it has been amazing.

92NSX said:
You have the old version. The new one is the one giving a couple of problems from what I understand.

That's true; I do have 2 of the older [Whipple] versions plus a larger 2.3 liter.

I have watched the progression of the Autorotors carefully and have made these observation; if any are incorrect or off the mark in anyway please let me know so I can correct my assumptions. If anyone knows of additional items, good or bad please let me know. I only offer my observation in the spirit of shared knowledge and in NO WAY mean to imply that the Autorotor units have any inherent problems. In fact I am considering acquiring one for for a new project.

The problems I have heard about with the Autorotors are:
1. oil seal failures;
A. allowing oil into the rotors of the unit and into the manifold.
B. allowing pressurized air to leak into the oil reservoir of the supercharger and forcing oil past other seals or out the breather.

2. Very fine metal powder noticed in the oil of the SCs oil reservoir. [could be linked to the failure of the seals]

3. The unit that totally locked up [cause unknown]
Due to very tight clearances any foreign object that came between the rotors or in the gear case could account for this to happen; additionally a bearing failure would allow clearances to change and cause the problem. This is all speculation on my part and we all have to wait for the finale report.

4. Early Autorotor units running lean.
This condition appears to have occurred because they are more efficient than the Whipple units. The Autorotor's air charge is at a lower temperature; this means that the air is more dense and requires more fuel. The lean condition does not seem to occur when the engine is fully heat soaked. This may be accounted for by the air charge being warmer and therefore less dense or that the ECU itself pulls the timing back due the heat.

Advantages of the Autorotor:

1. They are more efficient:
A. They run cooler.
B. They produce more boost at the factory setting [approximately 7.2Lbs to the Whipple's 5.2lbs]

2. They flow more air:
A. The boost does not seem to tapper off above 7K.

I have the HIGHEST respect for Comptech and never hesitate to use them as a supplier.

Last edited:
Bob Kenney said:
That's true; I do have 2 of the older [Whipple] versions plus a larger 2.3 liter.

I have the HIGHEST respect for Comptech and never hesitate to use them as a supplier.

Do you mean 2.3l or 3.2l?
I agree with the respect statement.

Well it looks like my supercharger is now off to Sweden.

TURBO2GO said:
Well it looks like my supercharger is now off to Sweden.

That...sucks. No other way to put it. I've got a Autorotor supercharger on my Yukon and am thankful - especially after reading this post - that I haven't had any problems or maintainance issues.

Seems like the "service" reality has hit even the folks at Comptech. Shouldn't there be mobs forming with pitchforks and burning torches somewhere? Or should this be handled by walking on eggshells?

Waiting for ANY parts to get your car running sucks, I feel for you.

Armando

BioBanker said:
That is unbelievable.

Did they offer you a replacement at cost with a credit upon warranty?

Comptech is apparently out of superchargers. The U.S. repair facility for Autorotor, is moving... and can't even look at it for another 2-3 weeks. Of course they sat on it for days before letting anyone know this. So they decided yeterday its best to ship my unit out to Sweden and let them deal with it. Hopefully they will have something built and ready to go. I think Comptech is trying to be responsive, but not having even a single unit as a backup in stock in the U.S. doesn't help situations like this. I guess I just have bad luck. :frown:

I also feel bad for Mitch, who is pushing my car in and out if his shop everyday so he can have room to use his lift.

I wonder what will get here first.. my supercharger, Hitoshi's exhaust, or snow. LOL...

So the lack of inventory is the problem.

That is their decision and is totally under their control. Instead of stocking enough parts to support their existing base for warranty purposes, they chose to sell complete units, leaving anyone with an autorotor charger (but maybe extending to the whipple kit as well) without timely warranty support.

That's worthy of some anger. Say what you want about having to have it sent out for forensics, but not being able to fulfill their warranty obligations in a reasonable way is not what Id expect from CT.

Your header and exhaust system is still not here???

You do have bad luck. I was waiting to hear yours and scorp's V5.1 before deciding on whether to go that route also (of course yours will sound different with the full setup) and sell my v.2.

DVDoughboy said:
Your header and exhaust system is still not here???

You do have bad luck. I was waiting to hear yours and scorp's V5.1 before deciding on whether to go that route also (of course yours will sound different with the full setup) and sell my v.2.

Hitoshi ran out of valves for the exhaust. Then he had a computer issue and lost my address, then there was a problem as he mixed my work and home address. So now I think finaly it may have left Japan today and should be here in 2 weeks. Looks like I will have everything at once barring no further problems at Autorotor. I tell you I would want a royalty if next week all Autorotor units start shipping with my patented BBQ grille top. :biggrin:

It really does suck without my car, I'm on week 3 now and I will be at least on week 6 before I get it back, that's 1.5 months... but at least I am lucky in that Mitch at Mechanics Direct has been a super guy and super helpful with all this mess... I don't think an Acura dealer would have treated me the same way. They would have called and said "come and pickup your car and your broken supercharger".

OK, Comptech said they sent my supercharger to sweden and "paid very expensive expedited shipping" so it would be there quickly. They now have had it for about a week. I still have no word. So far its been a week at Comptech, a week at autorotor's US headquarters, a week in sweden, and travel time in between. I started this post one month ago, I am still without my car, a supercharger, or any word on what my fate is. :frown:

I am growing a bit restless here, it really sucks not having my car. Am I being impatient? I am going to wait until the end of this week before I start taking some more serious action, but I have to say I am somewhat dissapointed so far.

Back