• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ctsc D.o.a.

Why can they not just put your car back together in it's NA form, and let you drive it until the problem is sorted? When the parts are in hand again, then start over with the install. This should have been the first choice/idea a month ago. It is like only a couple hours work to put it back together?!?! They have probably expended more energy with the pushing of the car in and out of the garage?!?!

Why can they not just put your car back together in it's NA form, and let you drive it until the problem is sorted? When the parts are in hand again, then start over with the install. This should have been the first choice/idea a month ago. It is like only a couple hours work to put it back together?!?! They have probably expended more energy with the pushing of the car in and out of the garage?!?!

I think its a lot more involved than you think. Anyway, I got a new SC finaly and its back on the car. Car is not running yet and whats holding me up now is waiting for an english translation for the wiring of my exhaust valve controller. :frown:

Dyno and feedback to come soon hopefully....

Honda would be delighted to accept 2% failure rate on parts
You are obviously talking about another Honda. I know of NO OEM that would consider a 2% failure rate a good thing. On a sales volume of 500,000 cars that would equate to 10,000 failures!

An OEM might consider 0.005% OK but then they would want to see your continuous improvement plan on that number.

are you talking about the failure rate of an entire car or just one item of a car?

How is "an entire car" going to fail?

However, Honda knew about main relay and ignitor failures for a long time and kept using them...what kind of assurances did they get from the manufacturers that the issues were being addressed on continued productions?..who knows..but Hondas are not flawless by any means...look at the TL5sp auto transmission fiasco.

Some simple probability calculations:

If you have (lets assume) 500 critical parts in a car and each part has a failure rate of 2% over five/ten years. The probability that the car doesn't fail within 5 or ten years is 0.0041 %!!! :eek: Would you buy a car like this? Certainly NO. Could this be a HONDA? Certainly NO. :)
If we do this calculation with a failure rate of 0.1% the probability is 60.6%, still high enough. Regarding ACURA's customer reputation 0.1% seems to be an even high number.

0.01% part failure rate -> 95.12 % cars survive the period with no failure.

-->> 2% IS FAR OFF and UNACCEPTABLE! :)

TURBO2GO...no, I know exactly how complicated it is (or isn't), as I have either instaleld myself, or assisted with the installation of more than a half dozen of these. They are very straight forward, and at any point in the process one can reverse the previous steps to put everything back like it was.

Anyway, good to hear all is well, and that you fianlly got a new one.

You need any help translating form Swedish, Norwegian or any Scandinavian language, I am your guy! Let me know, I will be glad to help! C ya!

I'm going to piggy on NSXlr8's comment....if the wait is too much to bear, ask to put it back to stock while you're waiting on the replacement blower. That being said, your wait is relatively short (ask anybody with a faulty BBSC waiting for resolution) and the company you're in bed with is top notch i.e they will stand by their product/customers. Be patient and all will be right with the world (of superchargers).

C

I would like to just end this thread by saying that although it took a LONG time, Comptech worked with Mechanics Direct and took care of this problem. I did not get any extra charges for removal/installation, Mitch did not charge me a dime for storing my car in his shop for almost 3 months, and he went so far as to split the cost of the new charger with Comptech just so I can get my car together as fast as possible until they figue out fault.

To date we have not received samples or a proper report from Autorotor as to what this foreign "object" was, or how it travelled through the blades of the supercharger intact to cause a problem at the other end. Nor an explanation as to why the thing didn't spin at all and siezed immediately.

I personally cannot say enough about Mitchel Smith and his shop Mechanics Direct in Lowell MA. The guy is unbelievable and his level of knowledge and customer service beyond anything I have seen. I would recommend him 100% to anyone in New England with an NSX.

Actualy I was thinking that they-CT must have known they were going under while still dealling with this issue.In retrospect I'm surprised you got this done,kudos to CT for fixing this as the ship was sinking.

Actualy I was thinking that they-CT must have known they were going under while still dealling with this issue.In retrospect I'm surprised you got this done,kudos to CT for fixing this as the ship was sinking.

I'm certain that this is the case, I'm just hoping the installation and set-up will be completed with their assistance if still needed.

Nate at Comptech really stepped up and told me that he and Mechanic's Direct would cover the cost of the new supercharger

YOU BANKRUPTED COMPTECH!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow I just saw the other thread. This is very sad, and I think they must have known anyway, and took care of my problem anyway. This is a huge loss if they are gone for good. I would not have installed any other FI system on my car.

wow Timing is everything in life!! Glad they didnt screw you on the way out. I guess my warrenty is out the window now:eek:

Back