• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX Melbourne, FL VIN #JH4NA1156RT000243

Hi all,

After ownership of 2 NSX previously (2001 unmodified & CTSC 1997 Monte Carlo Blue that I should've never sold), I had been looking at possibly getting back into the Acura world. I was prepared to purchase 1994 Black NSX from Mercedes Benz in Melbourne, Florida. VIN #JH4NA1156RT000243. In a true credit to their honesty (refreshing to find once in awhile now), they sent the vehicle to Orlando for a PPI which ultimately displayed previous, unreported (CarFax) accident damage that was poorly repaired (that is extent of what I was told). Needless to say, the sales manager is not thrilled with selling this vehicle & plans to wholesale it. I just wanted to post up the VIN number so that if anybody sees this vehicle arrive elsewhere on the sales circuits, you are at least aware that there is some degree of previous accident damage that does not show up on the CarFax. That is as much as I know.

Thanks, you are providing a great service to those of us looking!

Last edited:
Good eye, I too noticed it is now for sale out of TX : at least the Mercedes used-car manager was honest with me & he did exactly as he stated he would: he refused to sell from his dealership & it appears it was wholesaled. I also notice that nowhere on eBay did it make mention of any body work or previous problems. I guess it is POSSIBLE that the new re-sellers are unaware of it's history, though that seems hard to believe. Regardless, I hope any prospective buyers will keep an eye out for it prior to bidding. I do know a red-flag for me was the dyno chart that was sent to me showing a RWHP of >400. Even with AEM engine mgmt, I found that level of power hard to believe (at least at a safe level that will maintain longevity of the drivetrain components). My own 'old' NSX w/CTSC had low-boost early CTSC & I don't think it was anywhere near this power output. It was also quite a beast itself (very enjoyable to drive as the new owner in Colorado Springs who is a member here will likely attest...)

The fleabay ad autolisted it in our marketplace and it is now being sold out of Texas. I moderated the listing here on Prime to link it to this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

The fleabay ad autolisted it in our marketplace and it is now being sold out of Texas. I moderated the listing here on Prime to link it to this thread.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-SUPERCHARGED-450HP-49K-LOW-MILES-CLEAN-FRESH

I have been speaking with this seller since July and paid for a PPI in Phoenix. During the PPI I asked the owner to take the title with him to the Acura dealership for the business department to check. The title remains "open". The seller in Florida signed off on the title, passed it off the to the wholesaler in Texas and the owner in Phoenix has kept the title "open" without registering it in Arizona for over two years now. The business manager told me that unequivocally he would NOT accept the title if the car was offered as a trade-in at his dealership and he would insist that the car be properly registered before purchase. The seller refuses to register the car in Arizona.........claims to be too busy. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

I'm certainly not a grammar Natzi; but I tend to place some significant weight on how one articulates themselves in their for sale ads. Being vague and not including the obvious information that a serious buyer will certainly ask always would raise a red flag for me.

So the taxes were never payed to the state....:confused:

He's evading taxes, against the law and subject to jail terms. I would not even consider this car either way.

so I guess that dealer payed the outstanding tax...:confused:

Back