• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX vs Supra Turbo-I got smoked!

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
you may be right... I want the SOS high boost kit! Im trying not to spend any money right now; just bought a new house with a garage finally :eek: By this summer Ill have the car finished. :rolleyes:

or you can get the AEM ($2+) and get some REAL good tuning, get the biggest piping and filter for even more air volume that should give another 10-20 I would think? but I hear it sucks more gas.

I plan on doing the same.

litoG said:
or you can get the AEM ($2+) and get some REAL good tuning, get the biggest piping and filter for even more air volume that should give another 10-20 I would think? but I hear it sucks more gas.

I plan on doing the same.

Im definatly going to do the bigger injectors, AEM, Walbro 255 fuel pump, different pully, comptech test pipes and some other goodies :wink: Summer is when the fun will begin.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Im definatly going to do the bigger injectors, AEM, Walbro 255 fuel pump, different pully, comptech test pipes and some other goodies :wink: Summer is when the fun will begin.

I have the CT test pipes, I can sell them to ya when you are ready. I replaced mine with Random-Tech Hiflo Cats and it passed CA smog.

but ya, I have the upgraed injectors and with more Fuel to your more air, mine actually scares me. The top end feels freakin unreal, especialy over 100, just keeps pulling like no other.

litoG said:
I have the CT test pipes, I can sell them to ya when you are ready. I replaced mine with Random-Tech Hiflo Cats and it passed CA smog.
How much for the test pipes? Im ready!

stock supra will smoke the NSX .... anyday

I dont know where but i keep hear this NSX will beat the Supra stuff or even come on par with the EVO. Its all prideful jibberish.

I'll race a well modedl NSX short of a supercharger with the stock gear box for pinks any day with my Supra.

I just got owned the other day by a EVO, brand spanking new off the show room floor with dealer plates..... we where at a roll i was in optimal power band and that sucker just out pulled me so bad.... not to metion he had 3 buddies in the car with him and i had me and my g/f and neither of us are chubby.

My NSX had test pipes, exhaust and Apexi velocity stack intake.

Anyways, supercharge or twin turbos will make NSX worth wile in terms of power.

If that supra was launched off the line with out the smoke.... you would have seen that fat butt all the way.

Vandetta said:
Supras respond to bolt-ons like no other
No other except for perhaps a Turbo Buick..... :biggrin:

RON98

a stock supra will dyno 265-280 rwhp. 3515 lbs curb weight. 13.1 @108 best 1/4 mile recorded by a reputable source (car and driver). lightly modded nsx mine with just i/h/e 272 rwhp uncorrected on a 80 degree day. 3050 lbs. this is +20 rwhp and -100lbs better than stock. car and driver recorded a 12.9 1/4 mile for a stock 2001. your pink slip may not be as safe as you assume.

skillz

rk-nsx said:
RON98

a stock supra will dyno 265-280 rwhp. 3515 lbs curb weight. 13.1 @108 best 1/4 mile recorded by a reputable source (car and driver). lightly modded nsx mine with just i/h/e 272 rwhp uncorrected on a 80 degree day. 3050 lbs. this is +20 rwhp and -100lbs better than stock. car and driver recorded a 12.9 1/4 mile for a stock 2001. your pink slip may not be as safe as you assume.

VERY well said. :cool:

I was gonna chime in earlier, but it becomes pointless over-n-over... :rolleyes:

From my experiences w/ MKIV Supra turbo's and that of friends (actual owners), 0-60 and even 1/4 mile times stated in the media are seriously difficult to obtain... from rest, the Supra isn't exactly easy to launch, etc. However from a roll, it's nothing short of a beast.

Mike-

If the guy had an AEM standalone, it's probably a safe bet he is no longer running the stock turbos. 99% of supra guys running a standalone of any flavor have long since discarded the oem peashooters for upgraded twins or a single.

IOW, you were probably outpowered by more than what you thought... making the end result fairly respectable.

standard CTSC setup usually='s 320-340rwhp
Most BPU Supras are approx. 400rwhp
Most APU Supras are >500rwhp

Sig said:
Mike-

If the guy had an AEM standalone, it's probably a safe bet he is no longer running the stock turbos.

Not necessarily, a lot of supras if they are not running the ecu upgrade with VPC/GCC setup or similar, will most likely be running the AEM. Yes there are a lot of Singled Supras with the AEM, but there are also a lot of stock twins on the AEM. At the AEM point, it will now be just a hop, skip and a jump to a Single. :smile:

Please do not consider this as a bash, this is just some friendly knowledge that I would like to share with the NSX group.

Peace!
6-17-05003Modified.jpg

RON98 said:
I'll race a well modedl NSX short of a supercharger with the stock gear box for pinks any day with my Supra..

Luckily I have a supercharger and my gear box isnt stock; as well as some other "minor" goodies. I wouldn't go waiving that pink slip around so quick. :tongue:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
litoG said:
How much for the test pipes? Im ready!

hey, yes I will sell to you, I don't know what these go for, so a fair price is fine. PM me your address or email [email protected] so I can check on shipping cost.

I am having Hoover doing some serious Dyno testing with different configurations to find out where back pressure is being held up. He feels the Comptech SC is doing great job getting air in fast, but it needs to get out faster. After that I will send them to you.

There are Supra turbos lurking out there that can give a Hayabusa a run for its money. Even a top of the line FX500 or GJ turbo NSX would get decimated by one of those. I don't care how much you spend, if you have one of those silly little bolt on superchargers on a fairly stock motor you'll be regular lunch meat for a lot of turbo Supras.

rk-nsx said:
RON98

That's comparing a stock Supra to a modded NSX. A very lightly modded Supra will put down 400 to the pavement.

Hugh said:
I don't care how much you spend, if you have one of those silly :rolleyes: little bolt on superchargers on a fairly stock motor you'll be regular lunch meat for a lot of turbo Supras.

Funny :wink: I took out a stock Supra turbo on my way to work a couple months ago. A lightly modded SUPRA should blow away an NSX, I repeat should.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Funny :wink: I took out a stock Supra turbo on my way to work a couple months ago. A lightly modded SUPRA should blow away an NSX, I repeat should.

I was referring to a nicely modded Supra, not one with a crap factory turbo. Those things can get upwards of 1000 horsepower. But remember one thing, regardless of how many ponies it has under the hood, it's still nothing more than a dopey looking Celica on steroids.

Anything can happen on the street. So there is truth on both sides. You can have tons of power, but if you a miss a shift or do something stupid and you lose. . .guess what - YOU STILL LOSE!

Hugh said:
But remember one thing, regardless of how many ponies it has under the hood, it's still nothing more than a dopey looking Celica on steroids.

You can belittle the Supra all you want, but if you travel other forums, you will see the Supra commands a lot of respect. Not only from the power potential but also it's looks. But again in the end it boils down to personal taste.

Perhaps you would like to drag race against my new ride.... with Super Pursuit Mode! :) :biggrin:

KITT_SUPER_PURSUIT_MODE_1.jpg

I just sold my 400 rwhp 94 Supra TT 6 spd (rare hardtop). I also have a

92 NSX
CTSC w/ hi boost kit
CT I/H/E
Walbro 255 fp
RC550 inj
AEM ECU
AEM FPR
SOS big bore throttle body

My NSX will take the Supra off the line and light to light. However, the Supra would take the NSX from 50-100+mph. It has a monster 3rd gear that is unmatched by my NSX.

Jeff

lol :)

We can dance around this all day with statistics and what not. I drive both and the Supra puts the NSX to shame in terms of pure pull.

Also my supra puts to shame any stock EVO/STI... my nsx cant :D

just cause we put down $ on a 80K MSRP car does not mean its worth the 80K in performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON98
I'll race a well modedl NSX short of a supercharger with the stock gear box for pinks any day with my Supra..

Luckily I have a supercharger and my gear box isnt stock; as well as some other "minor" goodies. I wouldn't go waiving that pink slip around so quick.

pink only applies to non SC and stock gear box like i said.... never rode in a SC nsx so i cant say slightly moded supra vs SC nsx.

with out SC and on the stock gear box, i'll wave my pink all day :biggrin:

lol
KITT_SUPER_PURSUIT_MODE_1.jpg
i bow down to the master of performance. :biggrin:

RON98 said:

Also my supra puts to shame any stock EVO/STI... my nsx cant :D

Looking at magazine data, it seems the EVO and STI are both very fast to 60, but not so fast to 100MPH. I think the NSX would not have much trouble with them at higher speeds. (stock v. stock)

i say POO to 100MPH. :tongue:

when was the last time you pulled from stop light to stop light doing 100mph?

When you hit 60, your done.... usually it does not even need 60. I just pull a car lengh a head and as long as im still pulling i let off the gas..... or just keep going just cause i can.

Also magazine data is humbag! Do you drive a 3.2L 6 speed? :wink:

Well if you dont, then the magazine data does not apply to you or me. You'll be mumbling under your breath " well the magazine said we are even " as the EVO/STI pull away :biggrin:

Even then.... my croch accelerator tells me they are faster then then the NSX.

RON98 said:
pink only applies to non SC and stock gear box like i said.... never rode in a SC nsx so i cant say slightly moded supra vs SC nsx.

I have but my friend also did the rear end (I don't know how much of a difference that makes) and for a BPU supra pushing between 400rwhp to 430rwhp, it would be a drivers race. It can go either way.

Back