• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

CTSC Users - How many of you monitor your AF-ratio?

MvM

Legendary Member
Some time ago I bougth a Autorotor CTSC.
Now, I am about to get it installed on my car.

I am wondering, how many CTSC users have a way to monitor their AF-ratio on their engines to prevent any possible problems.

I don't. My car had the SC installed when it was new, if it worked for all these years it is probably fine :). One day I will take it to a dyno to see how much power it really makes and while I'm there I will also have the shop check my AF.

Mine runs slightly on the rich side, which is the safe side and not the power side have had it dynoe'ed 5 times and got the same AF readings each time, so I don't monitor anything anymore. It's pretty consistent. But it never hurts to keep an eye on things.

As long as you've checked your a/f ratios on a dyno to know your tune is safe, I don't think they're needed. With that said, I have air/fuel and boost gauges, I just like the ricer look of A pillar gauges;)

Some time ago I bougth a Autorotor CTSC.
Now, I am about to get it installed on my car.

I am wondering, how many CTSC users have a way to monitor their AF-ratio on their engines to prevent any possible problems.
Long time ago...:D
Do yourself a favor and install a wideband AFR like from www.14point7.com or another distributor PRIOR to installing the CTSC.

Long story short: I've changed the fuel-pump and nearly blew my engine up due to running lean if I didn't have a gauge to monitor AFR. It's necessary after installing a CTSC.

I had a Innovate wide band AFR monitor set up for my stock low boost Autorotor.

I found the values to be consistent for well and very safe for over a year and took it out because I found it annoying and too much of a light show.

I have a fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge and these tell me if the fuel pump is working fine and if the belt is slipping. Good for what I want.

I have the autometer A/F set up. It wasn't expensive. I really like seeing it for piece of mind. Also, without it i would not not have known how lean I was running with the OEM fuel pump in high RPM's. After changing the pump it is nice and rich. :)

I have that and the boost gauge installed where the glove box goes with the SOS plate.

I have the 2-in-1 AEM AFR/Boost gauge & Fuel/Oil Pressure gauge mounted in the center console in a billet SOS bracket where the ashtray used to be.

Behind the door? Or in its place?

I mounted mine in place of the ashtray too. It was great because after I was satisfied that the ratios were safe, I flipped the door down and never saw it again.

AFR/Boost & Fuel/Oil Pressure
DSC00229-5.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

GO BEARS!

How do you like the AFR / Boost gauge ? I'm thinking of mounting one behind my ashtray door.
Very tidy, I like the 2-in-1 set-up. We originally mounted it in the coin tray, but that was impractical. I only just moved it over this afternoon.

Back