• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom Gauge Faces

Anyone here tried making Custom Gauge Faces for the NSX?

Here is a very good reference I have found from my Miata years...

http://www.revlimiter.net/mods/gauges.php

The reason I looked into this Custom Gauge Faces is because there are many owners here wanted their Speedo to have KM as their main unit rather than Miles. May be a simple DIY can solve this problem cheap and easy. Or may be replicate the NSX-R Gauge Face complete at a low cost.

I think the most difficult is to create a good template from a scratch.

And then need to solve the installation problem.

Making a gauge face is not the problem, removing the needles on the NSX is!

Some on here have faces that overlay the original, by simply making the needle hole slightly larger, they could pass the face up and over the needle.

The 2002+ NSX-R faces have already been replicated.

Pre-Facelift NSX-R model, uses the same face as stock early models, they just have yellow needles and carbon style bezel.

Anyone here tried making Custom Gauge Faces for the NSX?

Here is a very good reference I have found from my Miata years...

http://www.revlimiter.net/mods/gauges.php

The reason I looked into this Custom Gauge Faces is because there are many owners here wanted their Speedo to have KM as their main unit rather than Miles. May be a simple DIY can solve this problem cheap and easy. Or may be replicate the NSX-R Gauge Face complete at a low cost.

I think the most difficult is to create a good template from a scratch.

And then need to solve the installation problem.

Making a gauge face is not the problem, removing the needles on the NSX is!

Some on here have faces that overlay the original, by simply making the needle hole slightly larger, they could pass the face up and over the needle.

The 2002+ NSX-R faces have already been replicated.

Pre-Facelift NSX-R model, uses the same face as stock early models, they just have yellow needles and carbon style bezel.

Yea those NSX-R overlays only comes in MPH as main unit. And the cost for those overlays isnt cheap at all. I believe if template is created and can be shared that would be a great benefit to the nsxprime members.

Last edited:
:eek: thanks!

Well I think simply making the holes bigger and slip on the overlays will be the easier solution right?

Im not so into the NSX-R CF style. I want to make one thats more like here http://revlimiter.net/store/gauges.php
Though about that one as well
you'd need a large center hole and "roll" it over the needle then align it.
Could be done, but it might look wired since the whole will need to be a 3/4 inch maybe a bit smaller.

They are still available, but not sure who sells them in the US. The holes on those I believe are slightly larger to go over the needle as mentioned.

The process has been documented and posted on here somewhere in the past.

Back