• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom TT 420hp

my stock 91 has been at Autowave for 6 months and i finally got her back.
No it's not 800+hp nor has my engine been highly modified. But i am really happy with the 420hp i DO have. Autowave went out of their way to put together a custom, reliable kit for me that puts out 420 and could obviously put out more if i wasnt concerend about daily drivability and reliability(or money).

Lots of custom piping, tubings, fittings, gaskets, flanges, etc. New seals, belts, fuel pump, springs, retainers, clutch, injectors. Super AEM tuning done also.

I am not a technical guy so you will have to call Shane for the full scoop as most of the time i was just nodding my head saying "uhm, sure, ok" and thinking "i need to save up more money". Autowave was great and i feel safe with the power they have given me. My foot is sore from the new clutch driving around town. i havent felt the turbo "lag" yet as i havent had too much time yet to stretch her legs out on the crappy streets of L.A. She definatly kicks when i punch it though, MUCH more than before. it's an awesome rush.

Once again, thanks to Shane and all at autowave for taking care of my baby. I dont stop by here too often on the forums, but i just wanted to let you all know. i wish i had taken pictures of the setup as you can only really see the custom work from below the car. hope the dyno charts show up.

Attachments

• scan03.jpg
    scan03.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,240
  • scan02.jpg
    scan02.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,239
  • scan 01.jpg
    scan 01.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,342
You need to come out the the monthly Santa Monica meets again. We need to see your car!

Awesome! Do you know how many lbs of boost you are running to make that power? If I am reading that dyno right, it looks like between 9-10.

Last edited:
How much is Autowave charging for there TT setup?
Not counting installation, AEM and tuning.

What size turbos are you running? Judging from the spoolup on the graphs, they appear to be fairly big. If that's the case, you are going to have to keep your GFCP fingers away from the boost controller to prevent dialing it up :biggrin:

Congrats! I know it must have seemed like an eternity waiting for your car.

What were Autowave's opinions on running ~10psi on a stock bottom end? Do you plan to track your car at all or just have fun on the street? Either way I hope you enjoy it!

420 RWHP is a little scarry on stock internals. Be very careful my friend. I am also interested to know what size turbo's they are running.

i think the turbo's are relatively small. yeah 420 is at around 9.5 lb boost. i think i will keep her on the wastegate at 320 or at 7lbs at around 390hp for now until i get used to all the power. It's just for fun, for me. Eventually i might get to the track but my intention is not to turn her into a "race car" which i know i will be addicted to X and the like. i dont have any pictures as it really wasnt a "kit". they put it together, you'll have to ask them.

Congratulations! 420rwhp must feel really incredible on a light car like NSX, perhaps even scary during 3rd gear highway pulls :eek:.

Can I check out your set up or perhaps lucky enough to get a ride in next Southcoast Acura meet? :biggrin:

can you give me a ROUGH idea on total cost. drive in drive out? Also, are they using the T78's turbos? also, why the springs/retainers? I know in our race bikes we change out, but that is because we are turning all high rpm all the time (most my 600's run between 11,000-15,000rpm the entire race) but even a VERY built street bike rarely see's sustained high rpm use. I mean, i know if i had your car it would be up to 8k for only a very very short second and spend most of it's time from 3-6k rpm. just curious.

I was at Autowave a month or 2 ago and saw several NSXs undergoing "twin turbo" and they all seemed to have had fairly small turbos (still more than plenty for a street driven nsx) unless these were in the process of being pulled out to put in bigger ones.
as if the NSX wasn't fast already. i can't imagine what a turbo'd one would feel like.

I have t28 ball bearing turbos and also t3/t4's.
still debating what to go with with...

Last edited:
I would go with the GT28 turbos. Our Noble has t25 and the M400 has GT28 turbos with a 3L motor. Great spool up and low end torque, 350/350 in our Noble with 9 LBS boost and 425/390 in the M400 with 14 LBS boost. I have 2 GT28 turbos which will probably go into our Noble. My NSX will have a single.

Tim

jorligan said:
I would go with the GT28 turbos. Our Noble has t25 and the M400 has GT28 turbos with a 3L motor. Great spool up and low end torque, 350/350 in our Noble with 9 LBS boost and 425/390 in the M400 with 14 LBS boost. I have 2 GT28 turbos which will probably go into our Noble. My NSX will have a single.

Tim

I hate you Tim. :biggrin:

I was a few seconds away from pulling the trigger on a Noble in Sept.

Back